Timo Werner (CF) RB Leipzig

red arizona scott

I think you have him, jovic and pepe (lille) as big movers with pool, bayern and barca in the mix. Perhaps Real (but i think they go for star forwards already with media buzz) or PSG (if one of their star forwards is sold) in there.

It will be interesting to see where the dominos fall. Bayern is the one who can promise more minutes and two are in their league where they are usually 1st poacher, so we will see.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I think you have him, jovic and pepe (lille) as big movers with pool, bayern and barca in the mix. Perhaps Real (but i think they go for star forwards already with media buzz) or PSG (if one of their star forwards is sold) in there.

It will be interesting to see where the dominos fall. Bayern is the one who can promise more minutes and two are in their league where they are usually 1st poacher, so we will see.
Think that's a good analysis. Can imagine you can add Icardi and Dybala to those 3 with PSG, Real, Bayern, Barca and possibly us being the most likely clubs buying them. Still think Werner is the most likely for us but think Dybala might be the best fit for us.

red arizona scott

Think that's a good analysis. Can imagine you can add Icardi and Dybala to those 3 with PSG, Real, Bayern, Barca and possibly us being the most likely clubs buying them. Still think Werner is the most likely for us but think Dybala might be the best fit for us.
I think Real will look for Hazard, Dybala, Icardi, a bit more buzz factor than the younger prospects.

Personally I think Jovic or Werner and Pepe would be the cheaper and probably better value buys. Dybala would not be assured of a starting place for at Liverpool, and has struggled finding a role with Argentina and Juv with the arrival of CR. I question his fit, along with his cost. I am a bit more intrigued by Jovic and Pepe personally.

I think the tougher part for Liverpool than the other elites in the picture is that Salah, Bobby and Mane are in their prime. Barca can say we want you to understudy a year or two but we want you to transition into Suarez role. Bayern is losing older forwards/wingers too, as might Real (probably reshuffling their front 3), or even PSG (Cavani is Suarez's age). To join Liverpool they have to understand they are likely to back up the front 3, unless it is someone like Fekir or T Hazard or Coutinho who can shift between attacking mid/alternate forward. I don't think Dybala can really play attacking mid.

One more name I'll throw our there is Sebastian Haller, also off Frankfurt. Could be a pure back up #9--alternate to playing Bobby or Salah there. The catch is finding someone of decent quality (notch better than Origi/Sturridge) but OK in their career to take a lessor role on an elite team instead of an every match full shift player but on a more mid table, not really competing for trophies, club. Maybe Giroud (free) might be interested if we can't find one of these younger guy with some top flight track record and upside, but not willing to be a rotation/primarily sub role. Giroud is an easy target for being not up to snuff (elite CF) but he is a decent player and can blend well with top quality--e.g., his France role. I don't expect him to be back with Sarri.

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

@red arizona scott
The reason I think Dybala is possibly the best fit is he's the only one that could play remotely like Firmino from my limited understanding (Would have to work on his pressing and defending from the front but so would the others). Firmino is essential to our play and if we had both I could see them playing together or one in CF in 433 or one behind the other in 4231. Plus keeping both fresh and firing with rests. Injuries and so on. We really need to get away from a starting line up. We take part in 4 competitions and haven't got the depth in attack for that. We need a 4th and probably a 5th top attacker(s) adding. We sometimes line up in a formation that uses 4 attackers but we've only really got 3 starting level forwards. Bunch of promising kids (mainly injured or on loan), some versatile mids, a decent squad/cameo option in Shaqiri and then Origi, Lallana and Sturridge who I think weve got the best out of at times this season but need improving. Could let those 3 go for 2 real good options and actually improve our strength in depth and options. Our main 3 aren't being rotated enough to keep them fresh and firing because the step down in quality is so dramatic.

Neukolln

They just keep piling them up. I remember playing Football Manager five or six years ago with Milan and literally whenever I wanted to sign up an Italian prospect that my scouts found for me, he was either on loan from Juventus or already signed in a co-ownership deal with Juventus. I guess the only difference with Bayern is that they don't loan out those prospects.
@Nikola I thought about your post a few days ago when I saw Bayern reportedly submitted a bid of 80 million to Lille for Nicholas Pepe. World of talent, he is touted as the next star out of Ivory Coast. I literally laughed out loud and just shook my head and thought, of course they are going after him. Like you said, they just keep piling them up. How are they going to find minutes to keep everyone happy? I know Barca was also hot for Pepe.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Bayern's record signing was £37m. Cheap bastards would never buy anyone for £80m when they can keep getting young German players for fuck all.
You realise they are paying £80mil for Hernandez in the summer right?

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
@Nikola I thought about your post a few days ago when I saw Bayern reportedly submitted a bid of 80 million to Lille for Nicholas Pepe. World of talent, he is touted as the next star out of Ivory Coast. I literally laughed out loud and just shook my head and thought, of course they are going after him. Like you said, they just keep piling them up. How are they going to find minutes to keep everyone happy? I know Barca was also hot for Pepe.
Wow... I haven't had the chance to see Pepe, the latest I heard was that Arsenal were nailed on to sign him a few months back for roughly half that fee and that he was absolutely brilliant. Could be a negotiation tactic to force Hudson-Odoi's hand, too, but it's time for a statement of intent signing for them, I think, just to scare the rest of the league even more.

It makes a welcome change from raiding German clubs, though - but then I remember Pavard, Arp, Werner... Just stand in line, lads. How about getting Guardiola back, too? They're perfect for each other.

liver1

This guy seems like the perfect fit for us. He is a Klopp type player and would slot right in, in any of the front 3 spots.

Im not sure Dybala suits us as hes much slower and not so quick in transition.

I think Werner suits teams like us and City, Dybala suits teams more like Chelsea and Arsenal.

nikz200

I wonder how much faith Munich have in Werner, especially since their immediate thing is to replace Robbery (Robben and Ribery) . Surely Brandt and Pepe would be more enticing for them? Werner himself is very much a system player who might suit us or dortmund rather than Bayern.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I'd be looking at how to get a striker who can play to Keita's strengths too. Werner for me makes sense, He plays in a Klopp type team and will be perfect as a guy keeping pressure on the front 3 to play their A game. And with the increased games that the English teams have over the season, He'll be sure to get 20 games.

Thorgan is also someone who'd be good for us.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'd be looking at how to get a striker who can play to Keita's strengths too. Werner for me makes sense,
Fortunately this is Liverpool FC, not Keita FC. Keita should find ways to adjust and apply himself to complement the team strength instead of us going out to look for someone to play to Keita's.