• Ralf Rangnick's animosity

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • A giant can of Red Bull, cos he's not coming

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • "Brazilian shit from beaches"

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Noo Noo

I think so too. As @Zoran mentioned a while back, it would open up the possibility to go more 442 with Firmino and Werner up front as a temporary solution during the AFCON. I hadn't thought of that, but I like the idea.
I think it provides even more options than that to be honest - but you've probably thought of most of the other ones if not all of them.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
You indeed have acknowledged he might not have said it. However, you have then written war and peace length monologues about why it wont work for a player to have that attitude.

NOTE:
Apologies about the bold type. For some reason my browser wont allow me to change it to regular font.
Because people keep arguing back with my statement that if (IF) him and his team, as per reports, really have demanded assurances of playing time from Klopp then he won't be coming as Klopp won't do that. Talk of expectations and plans of how Klopp will want to use him (as per the constant return arguments) aren't assurances of guaranteed playing time.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Werner is definitely a solid fourth on my list of preferred transfer options behind Mbappe, Havertz, and Sancho. But I'd still like to have him at the rumored release price. It's a bargain and if he's willing to be a rotational piece with the front three, I don't see a good reason to not sign him - except, of course, if they're planning instead to sign one of my other preferred options.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Or, if I tell my wife I expect to be home at 6:30, there is a possibility I might not make it home until a little bit later.

Exactly......... between 6:30 or closing time and having to get picked up, is pretty much what I meant, I just didn’t go into as much detail.............

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
No secret that I'm not Werner's biggest fan, but
If we sign him he'll be at least a decent option from the bench/rotation and potentially more with the Klopp factor.
If ManU or Barca sign him, he'll be shit for them.

No worries imo :cool:
This. I’ve always been skeptical of Werner and I still don’t know if LFC is really the best fit for him but if he does come here it tells me the Boss feels comfortable with everything he and his staff have vetted, and I’ll support Timo unconditionally.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think we just disagree on what the term "assurances of guaranteed playing time" means. For me the important word is guaranteed for you it seemingly isn't. Let's stop cluttering up the thread hey?
the difference here isnt the importance of a word, its the definition that is being used. Hence why you think there is a contradiction when there isnt any.

A guarantee is an assurance and it is often 'conditional' - i,e When you purchase an item there will usually be a guarentee under which circumstances the item will be refunded or replaced. The same can apply for discussions over playing time - i.e You will be getting *these games* , as a minimum if you perform at X level in training..

Klopp is one of the most methodical and meticulous managers in the game. Discussing game time will be one of his 'tools' for getting an incoming player to 'buy-in' to the project, particularly if they are not nailed on to be coming in as a starter ahead of anyone else here.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Love the rumours of Timo supposedly receiving offers from Barca and scum haha While at the same time Werner is batting his eyelashes x2 towards Us.
Guessing that we either get Werner or we have another player lined up.. think we all have hope that it's mbappe or Sancho! if Mo wishes to leave after a successful Liverpool career doubt Klopp will stand in his way same for for Mane though I would hate for Senegalese to leave, be big money for either, we could be then be looking at mbappe! plus with some other sales it's possible 50-60% that scenario would happen great if it did and Locking down Vvd then we're set for domination ;)

We All can feel Liverpool are top dogs in the transfers markets too .. Boom :)

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
This. I’ve always been skeptical of Werner and I still don’t know if LFC is really the best fit for him but if he does come here it tells me the Boss feels comfortable with everything he and his staff have vetted, and I’ll support Timo unconditionally.
JK could sign @Alright Now and I'd think it was a masterstroke.

Runs. On. The. Board.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I think so too. As @Zoran mentioned a while back, it would open up the possibility to go more 442 with Firmino and Werner up front as a temporary solution during the AFCON. I hadn't thought of that, but I like the idea.
Just thought it could be the best way of replacing our runs in behind and general threat (not only tactically but even psychologically, being without Salah and Mane). We have players who can do more of a job on the sides in a 4-4-2 than replicate stylistically what those two do in a 4-3-3. Werner can do it, but then another one... it would be difficult to find. So it could even be a mixture, depending which player is on which side (say, Hendo on the right and Ox on the left, maybe going a bit more "offensive" in smaller games/certain periods). That's all if he settles in well of course. Slight tweak, one player more back in midfield, but Werner posing real threat centrally, taking over the risk-taking freedom of Salah. But we'll see when we get there.

By the way, is he related to Tom Werner? :LOL:

Last edited:

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
After today showing at Watford, I think we should stop getting more forwards and then we are unable to get the ball to them. We need to focus on midfield.

Noo Noo

After today showing at Watford, I think we should stop getting more forwards and then we are unable to get the ball to them. We need to focus on midfield.
I honestly doubt Messi could have done anything yesterday. Such was the level of dross around him. Even Messi has to be given the ball from time to time. That was probably asking too much of the side yesterday, we were that poor.

I most certainly welcome any player that will strengthen our squad. I believe we need it. If Werner does come,alongside Minimano that's the front line pretty well covered (provided everyone plays to their ability). Midfield will need a look at too I fell.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Another decidedly average game from Werner from what I've seen today.

I keep seeing him described as 'elite' or on the cusp of world class, and I think we're going to be very disappointed if we expect anything like that. He hasn't impressed me more than Schick or Nkunku (though both are good players), nevermind the quality we have here.

I can see the logic as an Origi replacement but expectations need to be tempered a bit.

Edit: His stats from today

Last edited:

wibseyred

Another decidedly average game from Werner from what I've seen today.

I keep seeing him described as 'elite' or on the cusp of world class, and I think we're going to be very disappointed if we expect anything like that. He hasn't impressed me more than Schick or Nkunku (though both are good players), nevermind the quality we have here.

I can see the logic as an Origi replacement but expectations need to be tempered a bit.
I totally agree I just struggle to understand the hype on Werner.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I just can't shake the feeling we would be settling for an Origi upgrade because he might be a bit under priced (based purely on his goal contributions versus some of the reported clauses).

Just feel like we really only need to add one or two (absolute maximum and only if all the potential attacking departures happen) and we should add the absolute best player available to us that fits the style/skills blueprint Klopp needs. I don't feel like that is Werner but if he comes I'll be cheering him on and hoping he puts lots of egg on my face!

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
if we were to spend 70-80 m then he's gotta be better than we have . i'd test chelsea with a bid for willian rather than this guy .
Willian can’t make it at Chelsea. Why would we want him here?
(I remember saying the same about Ox and Gooners but I think this is different because of the trajectory of their specific careers)