Votes: 40 45.5%
  • "Brazilian shit from beaches"

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Btw Willian is out of contract at the end of the season but it is very likely that he is going to join Barca.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
I like Werner, but I don't know. I don't think he is that good or versatile. He is average on the wings and a good overall striker, but not very good at dribbling or tracking back. I seems like he can only play at his best as a striker and when allowed space to run.

I doubt he would force Firmino out of the XI or make Klopp change the system to 4-2-3-1 so that he can start. If we were to play 4-2-3-1, the only thing that's 100% sure is that Salah will be the main striker. That would make Werner play on the left but would keep Mané out of his best position (LW). The worst thing is that Werner is not even a good winger.

We have Firmino as false 9, Minamino as false 9 and Salah as striker (even Mané can play there easily). We don't need another striker, imo, but we need a winger. A good one who can play better than Origi, so that when we need to be more ofensive, we can just add another natural winger and use Salah as striker. I'd hate seeing something like Werner coming on as a left winger, it doesn't make sense.

Instead of Werner, it would be better a natural winger with pace, dribbling and finishing skills or even someone a little bit more slow but with great creativity, vision, passing and crossing skills. The ones who come to my mind are Nkunku, Everton, Adama Traoré, Buendia, Odegaard. I think all these guys would be fine on the bench most of the time and would add a lot when needed.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
From the main site.

I agree with the final part and the more he runs his mouth the more convinced I become that;

1. There is no deal in place or close to being un place or he wouldn't be trying to persuade us to move for him so much via the media.

2. That Klopp cares so much about attitude and respect that even if he was a prime target he may actually be changing our minds on him by talking so much.

Reminds me more and more of the Ziellinski abandoned transfer by the day.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
From the main site.

I agree with the final part and the more he runs his mouth the more convinced I become that;

1. There is no deal in place or close to being un place or he wouldn't be trying to persuade us to move for him so much via the media.

2. That Klopp cares so much about attitude and respect that even if he was a prime target he may actually be changing our minds on him by talking so much.

As far as i remember the Zielinksi deal fell down because the owning club didnt want to sell to us because of having an agreement in place with another club which would see them get a player they wanted in return, not because the player was being vocal about wanting to join us.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
As far as i remember the Zielinksi deal fell down because the owning club didnt want to sell to us because of having an agreement in place with another club which would see them get a player they wanted in return, not because the player was being vocal about wanting to join us.
Not my memory but even if so I'm sure us paying a little more which they then pay to the other club massages that situation successfully anyway.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
From the main site.

100% agree on the first part. This guarantees in my mind that the club have made no contact with his reps about a possible trade.

Not convinced on the second part. Iirc, big Virg wasn't squeaky clean when he left Soton. No question you need to be of a certain character to get in a Klopp side, but I don't think leaving your current club with a slightly tarnished rep with them plays into it. It's pretty hard to leave a club in the middle of a contract and go out with a perfect rep.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Both Naby and Virgil agitated for a move, IIRC. Both skipped training sessions and made it clear they wanted out. That didn't stop the transfers from eventually being agreed.

I don't see this as a problem for Klopp if we're really interested.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Release clauses ought to stop most of this nonsense. Does Werner really have one? If so, why do Werner's flirtations make it look as if nobody's triggered it? If he has a release clause these comments in the media are even more disrespectful to his current club.

Red over the water

It’s a strange one. Very open, very flirtatious. At first I liked it, as the player was so obviously wanting a Liverpool move. But then it does make you think... is there an understanding? Probably not, or why continue to talk. So if theres no arrangement, the player is making things difficult for himself at Leipzig, and then if he goes elsewhere, they are going to know they were a clear back up choice to Liverpool.

It’s all a bit odd.

Leads me to conclude we are going to sign Sancho and Havertz in a bit Nike splash this summer!

GaryBarlow99

Not my memory but even if so I'm sure us paying a little more which they then pay to the other club massages that situation successfully anyway.
I thought we pissed about over the fee for ages and annoyed Udinese to the point of them agreeing the same fee with another club. I think they did get a player in return but good old Ayre seemed to fuck it up from memory.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I thought we pissed about over the fee for ages and annoyed Udinese to the point of them agreeing the same fee with another club. I think they did get a player in return but good old Ayre seemed to fuck it up from memory.
No, I dont think so. I think the club made an offer, had it rejected while Napoli had theirs accepted. We were asked instead to come back with a higher offer. The club didnt think it fair value and moved on. I certainly dont recall this move breaking down because of Ayre's negotiation skills - I think he may no longer have been leading them as of that window anyway.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
We seemed to find out what they'd want, he got pictured wearing our shirt on his local TV station or something, they then said you can pay double or fuck off. Napoli had a player going to Watford on loan that sweetened the deal (ownership link) so they sold to Napoli what we had seemingly agreed. I think there was both an opportunity for us to still get the deal done if we wanted before he moved to Napoli (as he was clearly set on us) and money couldn't have been an issue (we went for Wijnaldum instead at nearly 2 and a half times the price) and also whilst he has been at Napoli. What I've seen is the reason we went off him was his public flirtation. Klopp got stung over players in the past like that and seems to have a distaste for it. Important to notice that all our signings under Klopp have kept their mouths shut about us. Even VvD and Keita didn't mention us by name till the deals were agreed on both sides and they were as public as deals get. I'm not saying Werner won't come just I get less and less convinced he is every time he goes public.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Maybe RBL are dragging their feet on it, trying to get other clubs to bid, when Werner has made his preference clear.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Maybe RBL are dragging their feet on it, trying to get other clubs to bid, when Werner has made his preference clear.
That would be in complete contrast to the idea that he has a clause. They have no control, as soon as a club he wants to move to has matched the clause it's all over. Which makes me wonder why all the public flirtations from him? Surely if we've moved and it's on he would just sit there and "no comment" with a sneaky smile as all our other buys did? Just doesn't feel right to me. They're in a title race, at this time last season when we and City were going for it neck and neck if Mane or Salah started talking like this about Barca or Real how would we feel?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Timo is certainly a good striker who will get goals. He would probably fit into LFC but I am not sure about the guys character. Likes publicity to much which is not something Jurgen likes in players IMO. In a recent statement I got the impression he is not the kind of team player Jurgen likes.I would not be surprised if we went for someone with a lower profile .

MinniMo

If the article on TIA today is absolutely correct, I think he's blown any chance of Klopp possibly wanting him, mentioning us, City and Man Utd at the same time could be him hedging all his EPL bets.

Perhaps Klopp knows him better than most, likes the player, but is unsure of the man?

Clive

Release clauses ought to stop most of this nonsense. Does Werner really have one? If so, why do Werner's flirtations make it look as if nobody's triggered it? If he has a release clause these comments in the media are even more disrespectful to his current club.
I’ll eat my hat if we sign this guy. He seems like a bit of a tool. Can’t see him fitting the bill from a mentality POV.

nikz200

urghhh, its annoying cause really i feel we are one more attacking option away from being a team which can run the gauntlet for the next few years. Whether thats werner or not is another matter entirely. He certainly hasn't helped his case here, i think City or United might get him now when it comes down to the end.

Red over the water

If we haven’t snapped him up yet perhaps it is because we are working on better options. Maybe we know Werner will come, and we will snap him up later, depending on how moves for Mbappe, Havertz and Sancho work out. I don’t for one minute think we have a chance of signing all three, but maybe Havertz and Sancho... which would leave Werner saying, ”Ole, I remember that balmy night when you scored that goal...”

GaryBarlow99

urghhh, its annoying cause really i feel we are one more attacking option away from being a team which can run the gauntlet for the next few years. Whether thats werner or not is another matter entirely. He certainly hasn't helped his case here, i think City or United might get him now when it comes down to the end.
Sancho is on his way mate so no need to worry ;)

Magnus

I like Werner, but I don't know. I don't think he is that good or versatile. He is average on the wings and a good overall striker, but not very good at dribbling or tracking back. I seems like he can only play at his best as a striker and when allowed space to run.

I doubt he would force Firmino out of the XI or make Klopp change the system to 4-2-3-1 so that he can start. If we were to play 4-2-3-1, the only thing that's 100% sure is that Salah will be the main striker. That would make Werner play on the left but would keep Mané out of his best position (LW). The worst thing is that Werner is not even a good winger.

We have Firmino as false 9, Minamino as false 9 and Salah as striker (even Mané can play there easily). We don't need another striker, imo, but we need a winger. A good one who can play better than Origi, so that when we need to be more ofensive, we can just add another natural winger and use Salah as striker. I'd hate seeing something like Werner coming on as a left winger, it doesn't make sense.

Instead of Werner, it would be better a natural winger with pace, dribbling and finishing skills or even someone a little bit more slow but with great creativity, vision, passing and crossing skills. The ones who come to my mind are Nkunku, Everton, Adama Traoré, Buendia, Odegaard. I think all these guys would be fine on the bench most of the time and would add a lot when needed.
Ødegård would never go to a club where he would not be bought for the first team. He will only go to a club who have targeted him for a position, promising that he would play a lot. It would be destructive for his career and he has an intelligent father as an advisor. Forget him if he is not linked to first team play. A bench warmer he is not.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Ødegård would never go to a club where he would not be bought for the first team. He will only go to a club who have targeted him for a position, promising that he would play a lot. It would be destructive for his career and he has an intelligent father as an advisor. Forget him if he is not linked to first team play. A bench warmer he is not.
So why did he join Real Madrid? :unsure:

Magnus

So why did he join Real Madrid? :unsure:
Because they promised to develop him. They also kept their word, loaned him out to good teams who promised him first team play. Herenveen in the Dutch top league, then Vitesse, slightly better team, the Real Sociedad, top team in Spain. Real Madrid is a lot of things, but Ødegard they have taken well care of.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Because they promised to develop him. They also kept their word, loaned him out to good teams who promised him first team play. Herenveen in the Dutch top league, then Vitesse, slightly better team, the Real Sociedad, top team in Spain. Real Madrid is a lot of things, but Ødegard they have taken well care of.
I highly doubt he expected to have only made one first team start for them in five years after joining Los Blancos.

Magnus

I highly doubt he expected to have only made one first team appearance for them in five years after joining Los Blancos.
He certainly didn't expect to go into the first team. They were honest, played him in the Spanish third division until he became too good for that (he was incredibly young when he went to Real Madrid, and no one talked about him going into their first team, they only talked about development, where he would have the greatest chance to develop into a star player, and then Norwegian Strømsgodset was a bad place for him compared to Real Madrid's enormous economic muscles and contacts with other clubs), and then loaned him out so he got first team play in first the Dutch league, then now a top team in Spain. Pretty perfect for him I would say, and now there is talk about Real Madrid wanting him for their first team, so I have to disagree with you here.

Ps. Apologies for the long comma, but I won't bother to restructure my post :D

Anyway, point still stands, he wouldn't go to Liverpool if he was to be used for bench filling.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
He certainly didn't expect to go into the first team. They were honest, played him in the Spanish third division until he became too good for that (he was incredibly young when he went to Real Madrid, and no one talked about him going into their first team, they only talked about development, where he would have the greatest chance to develop into a star player, and then Norwegian Strømsgodset was a bad place for him compared to Real Madrid's enormous economic muscles and contacts with other clubs), and then loaned him out so he got first team play in first the Dutch league, then now a top team in Spain. Pretty perfect for him I would say, and now there is talk about Real Madrid wanting him for their first team, so I have to disagree with you here.

Ps. Apologies for the long comma, but I won't bother to restructure my post :D

Anyway, point still stands, he wouldn't go to Liverpool if he was to be used for bench filling.
I think we’ve digressed enough.... back to Werner.

Status
Not open for further replies.