Timo Werner (CF) RB Leipzig

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
The risk for Werner is that if he wants a predominantly central role he will be seen as a replacement for Ribery by Bayern afer he has signed for them.

I would think that the way Liverpool play is better suited to Werner. He will get plenty of game time and will have opportunities to play both centrally and on the left. This would allow him to keep his options open and could make him even more valuable to the German national side.
That I don't doubt, but I don't think Bayerns star has dimmed just yet for German players.

If we want him I expect us to go hard and blow Bayern out of the water, which we did with Keita.

GermanRed

I highly doubt he would score more goals than Salah, who so happened to play nearly all the matches except for first 60m against City as a central striker. His hit rate while may not be like his last season, but still extremely respectable.
Yes you're right.I think Werner has at least 15 goals a season in him - no matter from which position he starts. That would already make him a great addition to what we have.

I need one of the statistics guys in here. I'm pretty sure Timo Werner has more shots (on target) per game than Salah (Firmino, Mané). Would be interesting to see. Werners biggest 'problem' is probably his convertion rate.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I need one of the statistics guys in here. I'm pretty sure Timo Werner has more shots (on target) per game than Salah (Firmino, Mané). Would be interesting to see. Werners biggest 'problem' is probably his convertion rate.
Stats like that only makes more sense when they are up against the same league, unless they are Messi. Shots on target can varies from a goal bound to a weak header directly into keeper’s arms. Conversion rate would probably be a better judge of how effective he is as a striker.

Limiescouse

I’m almost certain I read somewhere, It might’ve been on here I saw it. Brewster signed the contract he did on the basis that he will be drafted into the first team when fit again. However I’d go with Werner also on the basis he can play anywhere in the front 3.
That is merely a (verbal) commitment to give him a shot. Not a reason to leave ourselves short. However, with DIngs gone in the summer, Solanke now gone, and Origi likely to go, there is now room for an addition to come in AND Brewster to still be a shot.

W00die

If we want him (and it sounds like he's a good fit) then we should do a deal now and loan him back to them for the rest of the season. I can't see them wanting him to go to Bayern if they have a choice? Even better loan them Sturidge and/or Origi and take him now. (Was going to add Markovic but I doubt they are that stupid)

GermanRed

Pavard and Werner would fit so well at Liverpool. Too bad Bayern is out there.

The good news is that we might have several players scouted already, so losing both won't be that bad.
With 'one of the two...' he was talking about Thorgan Hazard and Timo Werner. Dortmund know they are out of the race for Werner (because Werner said something like 'if I sign for another german club Bayern would make the most sense'). Dortmund are going to sign Hazard I think.

StevenAlonso

We might sign Werner. The reason we didnt sign Pulisic could be because he will join us only during summer. Klopp wants to add players who can join us right away as we could be champions with couple of astute signings..

LFCFFC

I highly doubt RBL will let him go now unless we pay ridiculous overs, given they're fighting for top 4.

Mass January panic is back.

Richard88

We might sign Werner. The reason we didnt sign Pulisic could be because he will join us only during summer. Klopp wants to add players who can join us right away as we could be champions with couple of astute signings..
The team could also be champions without another signing. This is after all the same team that picked up 51 of a possible 57 points to start the season (minus Clyne and Solanke).

redfanman

TIA Regular
BVB, Pulisic and Chelsea had been sorting out the move since last summer. Klopp didnt want to bring Pulisic here either now or next summer at the price he was available for.

Werner isnt available now either. Most likely its the owner of the club stirring things to get bids in for the summer.

Last edited:

Red Spud

Have a feeling Werner has already agreed to join Bayern would love to see him here though.

red arizona scott

Can't bayern offer him 1st team next year where he would be a rotation at liverpool, or have to beat out mane or firmino? It would just seem to me bayern or real would offer more opps, with bayern being most logical for him (same country, language and a less fickle fanbase). Klopp would really have to do some magic i would think.

GermanRed

Can't bayern offer him 1st team next year where he would be a rotation at liverpool, or have to beat out mane or firmino? It would just seem to me bayern or real would offer more opps, with bayern being most logical for him (same country, language and a less fickle fanbase). Klopp would really have to do some magic i would think.
-----Werner-----
Mané Firmino Salah

GermanRed

If Werner known for being easily bullied off the ball, and with his frame, I don't think playing as central striker in England would suit him.
Not sure about him known for being easily bullied off the ball. According to Transfermarkt he is a similar player like Gabriel Jesus - Werner is bigger than Jesus and i would say much stronger.

Personally i don't like Salah as CF. We know what he can do from the RW. I'm quite sure Werner has more goals in him from the CF position than Firmino.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Personally i don't like Salah as CF. We know what he can do from the RW. I'm quite sure Werner has more goals in him from the CF position than Firmino.
I don't mind Salah playing as centre forward in that formation. While he may not be banging it in like last season, but his goal return is still as good as any. I personally don't expect him to hit 44 goals again this season, I don't even expect him to hit 25 in the league.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
According to infamous Twitter bullshit artists "The Firm" we have agreed a deal of 46 million pounds plus add ons and whatever for a summer transfer.

Oh, would it were true.

GermanRed

I don't mind Salah playing as centre forward in that formation. While he may not be banging it in like last season, but his goal return is still as good as any. I personally don't expect him to hit 44 goals again this season, I don't even expect him to hit 25 in the league.
I don’t care who hits the most or how many from where. It’s free flowing anyway, isn’t it?

We’re probably the best team in the world right now but we still have room for improvement.

With a player like Timo Werner we would be able to fit in four players in a starting11 who are able to score +20 goals a season.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Saw few videos on YouTube as I don't really follow Bundesliga.
This guy comes out as talented and will certainly Push our front 3 and give good cover.
Felt his attitude is a bit off and does seem to go down easily.
Would make sense to sign him in jan, gives cover in the league and also the champions League. Would be a good run in and can't really get the ground running next season.
Make them an irresistible offer, 50M£ or so!

Cologne-Liverpool

Saw few videos on YouTube as I don't really follow Bundesliga.
This guy comes out as talented and will certainly Push our front 3 and give good cover.
Felt his attitude is a bit off and does seem to go down easily.
Would make sense to sign him in jan, gives cover in the league and also the champions League. Would be a good run in and can't really get the ground running next season.
Make them an irresistible offer, 50M£ or so!
I'm afraid 50m£ would hardly be considered an irresistible offer.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
That's only because you know that after the end of March the £ will be no better than cereal tokens, or something.
So a massive investment now followed by a fire sale in Summer should make us a fortune. @lfc.eddie I’m guessing you’re all over this?