• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Timo Werner (CF) RB Leipzig

What will Werner be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nabil Fekir's knee

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• The Champions League trophy for some weird reason

• Sadio's jockstrap

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The railing at Melwood

• Ralf Rangnick's animosity

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A giant can of Red Bull, cos he's not coming

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Mark Thurgood

I think signing Werner may help Naby come along stronger and quicker also in some ways as they both fully understand how each other plays. I’d like us to sign Werner a lot as he’s a great striker and can easily play in the front line. IF we were to win the league, you still need to strengthen. A deal now for the summer would be better.

Richard88

I think signing Werner may help Naby come along stronger and quicker also in some ways as they both fully understand how each other plays. I’d like us to sign Werner a lot as he’s a great striker and can easily play in the front line. IF we were to win the league, you still need to strengthen. A deal now for the summer would be better.
I recall Naby had some training ground fights last season with teammates, so there's a chance him and Werner aren't best mates. Unlikely that there's any serious issues between these two specifically though, just thought I'd mention that.

Mark Thurgood

I recall Naby had some training ground fights last season with teammates, so there's a chance him and Werner aren't best mates. Unlikely that there's any serious issues between these two specifically though, just thought I'd mention that.
I already knew about that before saying my piece it was a late tackle in training on Diego Demme. Never had issues with anyone else I’m aware of though.

vjcpatriot

Even if Werner doesn't come over to the Premier league right now, I feel it would be smart to do a purchase with loan back, the way Chelsea has done with Pulisic.

If Werner is the long term goal, just buy him now and lock him up rather than wait for summer when many other teams will be in the running to swoop for him.

Just feel he would be a great addition, if we are allowed to pay a premium to bring him over in January, might be worth paying a little extra.

In other news Munas Dabbur is rumored as an addition to LFC for £25m. Is he worth it?

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
While I think he would be a good fit, likely going to cost the whole bank to bring him in this window. So likely that IF he does come would be too late for this campaign (summer)

Looks like Origi and Sturridge will be our rotation options for the next 4-5 months. Been doing okay so far, and Klopp has systematically removed some of our schedule by fielding sub-par teams in the domestic cups. Likely with our injuries we will not progress past the round of 8 in CL, but simply concentrate on the title race like we did in 13/14. Fortunately we have coverage this time around when Hendo pulls a straight red at the end of the season

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
:celebrating: we are interested according to BILD :celebrating:

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
This isn't going to end well for Bayern.... having Klopp.. knocking them out of Champions League and stealing Werner from them...

They're so use to getting what they want and bullying the rest of the Bundesliga in transfer market but now they will compete with us for Werner.

usually it's a no brainer that a young top of the line german striker goes to Bayern automatically.. but not anymore... it's more believable than ever that the hottest young german striker could possibly choose to play for the best German manager in the world where he fits the system perfectly... who better to develop him into the next super star striker for Germany?

at the very least Bayern is going to have issue with us driving up his price.... Bayern is so use to getting great deals... not anymore. I would imagine Chelsea migh be in for him as well as he also would fit perfect in Sarri's system and they will be looking for a striker like him.

Last edited:

costared

TIA Reserve Team
While I think he would be a good fit, likely going to cost the whole bank to bring him in this window. So likely that IF he does come would be too late for this campaign (summer)

Looks like Origi and Sturridge will be our rotation options for the next 4-5 months. Been doing okay so far, and Klopp has systematically removed some of our schedule by fielding sub-par teams in the domestic cups. Likely with our injuries we will not progress past the round of 8 in CL, but simply concentrate on the title race like we did in 13/14. Fortunately we have coverage this time around when Hendo pulls a straight red at the end of the season

Only thing I do not agree with is that I do not think Sturridge and Origi are good enough back up. Studge scored on great go a little while back but does not seem to be able to get to the pace of games when he comes on. I have more faith i Origi who is quick and strong but he seems to lack confidence and also has problems getting to grips with games like he did a couple of years ago when he looked very promising.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Leipzig manager and sporting director on Werner '...if Bayern mean business financially it will be difficult (for us) ...'

Not sure what he wanted to say with that. In the worst case it could mean that the player only wants Bayern.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Leipzig manager and sporting director on Werner '...if Bayern mean business financially it will be difficult (for us) ...'

Not sure what he wanted to say with that. In the worst case it could mean that the player only wants Bayern.
I think Rangnick was reacting to a question about if Bayern were to make a bid, I dont think he was suggesting they will or thzey are the only ones... it really seems that he doesnt know Werners plans himself.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think Rangnick was reacting to a question about if Bayern were to make a bid, I dont think he was suggesting they will or thzey are the only ones... it really seems that he doesnt know Werners plans himself.

Yes, Geebo is right, what he meant depends on the question asked. He may know Werner's plans but even so for a club like Leipzig one would imagine that there is usually going to be a price that will get a deal done....so nothing that was said is any real surprise.

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
I wonder if RBL would be a little pissed with us due to the Naby affair?
TW would be a great addition but if we are interested it seems the whole of the PL takes an interest...

Red over the water

My interpretation is that the quote is to soften up Leipzig fans for his summer departure. Even though Bayern are named, I take it as representative of financial power, so the meaning is, “If someone comes in with the money, financially it will be difficult to resist.”

Unless there is already a tacit agreement between the player and Bayern...

But financially we are well able to do this. And there’s a clear place for Werner here too (assuming Sturridge and Origi are added to the Ings and Solanke departures).

Red over the water

I wonder if RBL would be a little pissed with us due to the Naby affair?
TW would be a great addition but if we are interested it seems the whole of the PL takes an interest...
I wondered about that, but maybe it can go both ways. They extracted a good price from us for Keita, and to date he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire, so Leipzig will feel they held their own in those negotiations. Compare this to the feeling at Roma, after we bought Salah. Because Salah then did so well for us, there was a feeling that they had their pants pulled down, so any future dealings between the clubs would always mean we were going to have to pay a bit more to get something over the line.

Another part of it might be that they really don’t want Bayern Munich to have everything their own way in Germany, so they would rather sell Werner to the Premier League.

A lot will obviously come down to the player’s wishes too.

Cologne-Liverpool

Not true. What is his source?
Yep. Fake news/bad translation. He just said he still believes that Werner "would be in good hands staying with us for the next two, three years".

I think they have been pretty clear that they'll sell him if he doesn't sign a new contract (which is what everyone expects) and/or a substantial offer(s) would be made in the summer (which everyone expects as well;-))