Training excercise hypotheticals

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Just throwing an interesting side bit out there

It’s a week day training session at melwood and Jurgen Klopp sets a third of a pitch up

Allison in goals, Trent Virgil joe and robbo defending, with bobby, sadio and mo attacking, hendo on the attacking baseline, not allowed into the field of play but the attacking team can use him as a recycler.

10 efforts, play until a goal or the balls dead.

Attackers score if they score a goal, defenders if they string ten passes.

He do starts with the ball

Who wins?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
The defence have a man advantage, are good 1v1 defenders and are now superb at knocking it around at the back. I'd give them the edge 8/10 times.

redbj

Yeah, I was leaning that way, but they don’t start with the thing, I reckon if you flip it, Salah and co would want more than 2 goals from 10 plays.....

Be fun to watch.

I was interested at least

redbj

come on lads and lasses...this is like the best thread EVA and you all know it, you just cant bring yourself to admit it.....

you can nominate your own training exercises and nominate players.....

for instance,

take the first scenario, with a three vs four in a final third

Klopp opens the pitch up to the halfway line, puts fabinho infront of the defence but gives the attackers gini and Henderson, henderson doesnt have to stay on the baseline.

5v5.

hendo starts with it.

10 sets. who wins?/what score?

redbj

our attack vs our defence for bragging rights.....

thatd be something to watch....

later on then you can start to mess with the players.....take gini out and add a peak gerrard.....etc etc etc

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
In theory a defence versus offence set up with our team I'd edge towards defence. We have 2 of the top 4 forwards on the planet in Salah and Mane and the best false 9 in the business in Firmino but.... Alisson is hands down best keeper in the world on current form. Same with Trent at RB and Robertson at LB. Virgil best CB in the world and he is the only CB in the Premier League that is better than Gomez. Our defensive unit is just too amazing.

Sweeting

In this scenario there is no benefit to Trent and Robbo getting forwards. They stay as a flat back 4, easily cut out Salah and Mane's out to in runs and win everytime barring a slip/poor touch by the defenders.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'd be much more interested in a straight up match of our first choice offence with second string defence vs first choice defence with second string attack

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho with Keita, Lallana, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi.

Vs

Adrian, Williams, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum with Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

That would be more even.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I'd be much more interested in a straight up match of our first choice offence with second string defence vs first choice defence with second string attack

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho with Keita, Lallana, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi.

Vs

Adrian, Williams, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum with Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

That would be more even.
Top team wins. Because Lovren.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Just throwing an interesting side bit out there

It’s a week day training session at melwood and Jurgen Klopp sets a third of a pitch up

Allison in goals, Trent Virgil joe and robbo defending, with bobby, sadio and mo attacking, hendo on the attacking baseline, not allowed into the field of play but the attacking team can use him as a recycler.

10 efforts, play until a goal or the balls dead.

Attackers score if they score a goal, defenders if they string ten passes.

He do starts with the ball

Who wins?
You're bored.............aren't you?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Here’s an exercise.

Mo Salah starts on the half way line and runs on to a ball passed square to him about forty yards out and has to score past Alisson.

Every time he scores he must go again, only this time with a player dangling off his neck. And every time he scores another player is added.

How long will it take until there are ten players hanging off Mo, and will this be adequate preparation for the standard of refereeing in the premier league.

Sweeting

Here’s an exercise.

Mo Salah starts on the half way line and runs on to a ball passed square to him about forty yards out and has to score past Alisson.

Every time he scores he must go again, only this time with a player dangling off his neck. And every time he scores another player is added.

How long will it take until there are ten players hanging off Mo, and will this be adequate preparation for the standard of refereeing in the premier league.
Not if he's only got 10 players dragging him back, no.

redbj

Here’s an exercise.

Ignoring the added players fun, mo vs Alison 1v1

3 goals out of 10

20 man first team squad

50 yard sprint, two get knocked out at a round.

First two to go

Becker and lallana

Last two to go

Mane and Gomez, mane to win simply becuase it’s the tenth sprint, not the first.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Here’s an exercise.

14 attempts, prompting Blue Moon to go into meltdown, claiming VAR influenced the result.
And for a thread to start here baying for Minamino or Shaqiri to replace Salah

Red over the water

I just saw the thread.

I would say the defenders win. It’s easier to stop goals than to score them, they are all good 1v1 and Robbo and Trent will be tucked in too, since they are just defending the third and have no reason to be expansive. They have a man advantage too.

I think Sadio Mane will be most dangerous to them in the scenario set forth, as he seems to be able to do something electric a bit more than the others, but the defenders win this one.

redbj

Yeah but what’s the score?

Do sadio and co get 2 goals....more/less?

Red over the water

I think Sadio gets maybe one. And with the extra man, or two extra men if you include Alisson, who is good with his feet, the defenders get probably 3, maybe 4.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Here’s an exercise.

Haha