• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Twitter Rumours - TWEETS ONLY. NO DISCUSSION

Coutinho'sToeNail

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 5 mins5 minutes ago
Liverpool will name Sean O'Driscoll as their new assistant manager on Monday.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 35 mins35 minutes ago
#LFC plan to appoint another coach with Pep Lijnders set to continue his work at the Academy as well as his first team duties. #lfc (Echo)

Anfield Europe ‏@AnfieldEurope 39 mins39 minutes ago
Luis Alberto is to complete a move to La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna today, having undergone a medical. (Neil Jones) #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 2 hrs2 hours ago
The majority of Liverpool's squad returns for pre-season training today. The lads involved in post-season competitions not. #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 2 hrs2 hours ago
"There's no chance they'll be buying him at £32.5m. There's a lot mileage to go before he ends up at #LFC" - Dom King on #Benteke

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 10 hrs10 hours ago
Steve McManaman and Robbie Fowler are among those under consideration as the new first-team coach. (Independent) #LFC

Coutinho'sToeNail

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 30 mins30 minutes ago
BREAKING: @LFC appoint Sean O'Driscoll as assistant manager. #SSNHQ

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 16 mins16 minutes ago
Rodgers: "Pep displays a passion and enthusiasm for his profession that is truly infectious and I believe will have a positive impact."

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 17 mins17 minutes ago
Rodgers: Pep has excelled at the Academy and I believe this is the perfect time for him to make the step up to the first-team. #lfc

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 17 mins17 minutes ago
Rodgers: "I am looking forward to working with Sean & also learning from his experiences and gaining valuable knowledge from his expertise."

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 18 mins18 minutes ago
Rodgers: "Sean is someone with a clear vision & philosophy and has proved he has the ability to transfer that knowledge to the players."

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 19 mins19 minutes ago
Rodgers: "I believe the entire first-team set-up will benefit and I am extremely positive and excited about what we can achieve."

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 20 mins20 minutes ago
Rodgers: "I have made these appointments because I want to take us in a new technical direction, in terms of coaching."

Liverpaul_FC

TIA Reserve Team
Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 2m2 minutes ago
Benteke will hold talks with Tim Sherwood on Wednesday and reiterate his desire to quit Aston Villa this summer. (Telegraph) #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 1m1 minute ago
While Benteke is reluctant to submit a transfer request, he is keen to secure a move away from Villa Park. (Telegraph) #LFC

Benteke to tell Aston Villa he wants to leave - #LFC - by @John__Percy - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11722217/Liverpool-transfer-news-Christian-Benteke-to-tell-Aston-Villa-he-wants-to-leave.html…

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
@ViktorFagerLFC: Rodgers has targeted Pedro for more than a year, & after receiving encouragement from his camp, could decide to make a formal offer (Mirror)

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
@lfc_family: Denis Cheryshev is another option that appeals to the Liverpool manager. (Andy Hunter)

Coutinho'sToeNail

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 23 mins23 minutes ago
#LFC can confirm @IngsDanny has been allocated the No.28 jersey http://lfc.tv/AzkX

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC
51 secs52 seconds ago
Ings: "It's a special club, everybody knows it. With all the history that's here. Everybody knows about Melwood." #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 2 mins2 minutes ago
Ings: "Rodgers is fantastic at developing young players. For a player like me, I think it will be perfect to work with him." #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 3 mins3 minutes ago
Ings: "As soon as I knew that Liverpool were interested, it was a no-brainer. It was the only club on my mind, to be fair." #LFC

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 5 mins5 minutes ago
Danny Ings #28

Coutinho'sToeNail

Reports that Sterling's relationship with Rodgers has broken down was news to the stunned Rodgers. #LFC (James Pearce)

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 7 mins7 minutes ago
Despite Sterling’s sustained attempts to force LFC's hand, Anfield officials are adamant that he will only be sold for £50m. (James Pearce)

Sterling accepted an invitation to have dinner at Rodgers’ house in May & he's regularly spoken about his debt of gratitude to BR. (Pearce)

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
@thisisanfield: The Manchester Evening News are reporting tonight that Man City are unlikely to bid £50 million for Raheem Sterling.

@thisisanfield: The Daily Mail are reporting that West Brom striker Saido Berahino has left Aidy Ward's agency following Sterling's transfer controversy.

Last edited:

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Express Sport ‏@DExpress_Sport 15h15 hours ago
Liverpool target Alexandre Lacazette set to hand in transfer request at Lyon http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/589653/Alexandre-Lacazette-Lyon-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Gossip… #LFC

Purely Football ‏@PurelyFootball 14h14 hours ago
Lyon's Alexandre Lacazette has handed in a transfer request; Linked with Bayern Munich, PSG & Liverpool. [L'Equipe]

The Bib Theorists ‏@TheBibTheorists 24h24 hours ago
Report claims Liverpool are willing to meet Lyon’s asking price for Alexandre Lacazette. http://bit.ly/1JSux9g

Coutinho'sToeNail

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
LFC Globe ‏@LFCGlobe 2m2 minutes ago
Sterling fined by the club.

LFC Globe ‏@LFCGlobe 30m30 minutes ago
Sterling had no issue with Rodgers before contract talks stalled, his issue is with Rodgers' response to that in the media. Unjustifiable

LFC Globe ‏@LFCGlobe 31m31 minutes ago
There's only one right person in this and it's not Sterling. Despite his, now, contempt for Rodgers

LFC Globe ‏@LFCGlobe 23m23 minutes ago
Skrtel's new contract has been agreed, making him the [joint] third highest paid player at the club

Last edited:

Coutinho'sToeNail

Some in LFC's squad are upset by Sterlings' belligerence in trying to force through a transfer & privately hope he will be sold. (Mirror)

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 4 mins4 minutes ago
Manchester City are set to make #LFC a third - and this time genuinely final - bid of £40m + £5m in add-ons for Sterling. (Mirror)

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 42 mins42 minutes ago
#LFC will be happy to retain Sterling on £35,000 a week for the next two years rather than compromise on their valuation. *Chris Bascombe*

Coutinho'sToeNail

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 52 mins52 minutes ago
On BR Silence - Managers only tend to speak when there are media commitments, and there weren't any for BR. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 57 mins57 minutes ago
It was never the plan to get rid of Brendan, but #LFC did get their ducks in a row unless the review went badly. (Jonathan Northcroft)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 58 mins58 minutes ago
My understanding is there was a process of looking at what other managers might have been available. (Jonathan Northcroft)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96 1 hr1 hour ago
Liverpool badly need to start shifting some players. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)

I think Lucas probably will leave this summer. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)

I think once #LFC get a striker they will have completed their shopping list, but will always be open to a good deal. (Jonathan Northcroft)

I know a few people at Villa who have spoken really highly of Benteke in terms of his technical ability. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)

Although other clubs retain an interest in Benteke, #LFC are way ahead in terms of the groundwork they have done. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)

Having done so much business already, #LFC are quite relaxed and feel they can wait with Benteke. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)

Benteke wants to go to Liverpool. #lfc (Jonathan Northcroft)