• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Two tribes documentary on BT

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Watched this last night. Film about the city in the 1980s, economic decline and the success of the two clubs. Generally very good though a bit cliched at times. Couple of minor points;
Derek Hatton comes across as a bit of a nutter now. I knew him back in the day through work and he has ‘changed’ somewhat.
Pete wylie has a very inflated view of the cultural impact that he had on the city. Not how I remember it compared to frankie, echo and the bunnymen etc. Maybe they couldn’t get anybody else to appear. My toes are still clenched from the acoustic bit at the end.
Apart from that, really good and really worth watching. Should be compulsory viewing for younger fans ().

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Was good this. Yeah Hatton looked odd didn't he?
That accoustic bit was awful - im not from Liverpool but ive never heard of Pete Wylie so was asking myself was he correct to put himself in such company as Frankie, Echo and the Bunnymen etc.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Was good this. Yeah Hatton looked odd didn't he?
That accoustic bit was awful - im not from Liverpool but ive never heard of Pete Wylie so was asking myself was he correct to put himself in such company as Frankie, Echo and the Bunnymen etc.
Classic from the 80's. And there weren't many.

Sure he was heavily involved in this too

epsomred

Ad-free Member
Oh no. We’ve already crossed swords in the conspiracy thread now we are going to disagree about ether the Mighty Wah were as culturally significant as Echo and the Bunnymen. No they weren’t.

epsomred

Ad-free Member
I'm guessing they were both significant but in their own way and to different groups of people.
You should be a moderator in the conspiracy thread. See how your reasonable attitude prevails there.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
I think Pete Wylie was more respected by the other bands who were playing at Eric's and places like that at the time than he was by the punters. I haven't seen this film yet but I've never understood his appeal, or why he thinks his work stands up to the countless other bands who have come from the city, and continue to do so.