• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

UEFA Super Cup. Liverpool vs Chelsea. Wed 14th Aug 2000hrs. Istanbul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glory2Anfield

Lampard selling David Luiz a few weeks before the super cup does not appear a smart move.

Luiz reminds me of Matip, he often carry’s the ball from just outside his own penalty box to the center line and passes the ball through the lines.

Luiz also reminds me of Fabiano, who slows down an attack by having a hustle dig out for the ball in central midfield.

Why not wait until January or sell him next week in the European market. Chelsea did not need the pocket change.

If Luiz is good enough for Arsenal, you would think he could have been called upon to reinforce the Chelsea defence, especially if Chelsea got an early lead.

Not the smartest move

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
There is, but I've just been entered into it automatically for years now so I've got no idea about what the league code and password would be.
Who would be the league owner , I can drop a pm to them for the league code and the password.

Any of the admins ?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
1. Champions League
2. Premier League
3. FA Cup
4. Top 4 finish
5. League Cup
6. Super Cup
7. Charity Shield

No complaints with that I expect?
Might just have PL ahead of CL until we win it, but the idea is very much as I see it.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
1. Champions League
2. Premier League
3. FA Cup
4. Top 4 finish
5. League Cup
6. Super Cup
7. Charity Shield

No complaints with that I expect?
I'd go:

1. Premier League
2. Champions League
3. Top 4 finish
4. World Club Championship (we've never won it, so yeah)
5. FA Cup
6. Super Cup
7. League Cup
8. Charity Shield (meh)

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I didn't read the article, but I saw something the other day which suggested thst Lampard and Luiz had been having a 'feud' for the last six years. If Frank was desperate to get rid and Luiz was desperate to leave and Arsenal were the only ones interested, then that is probably why.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I didn't read the article, but I saw something the other day which suggested thst Lampard and Luiz had been having a 'feud' for the last six years. If Frank was desperate to get rid and Luiz was desperate to leave and Arsenal were the only ones interested, then that is probably why.
Maybe it's cause appointing Frank made luiz dispensable. Don't think Luiz would have left if it had been a manager apart from Frank. If the saying is that the feud is 6 years in the making , it's petty from frank and one which is gonna cost them heavily this season with the transfer ban looming

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Might just have PL ahead of CL until we win it, but the idea is very much as I see it.
So, not a big deal or important match but you started the thread? And I'm asking genuinely.

EDIT: this last 12-18 months has been an interesting time to observe Liverpool supporters. Possibly because, like football itself, access to supporters is at an all time high across so many platforms. It's fascinating (to me) the diversity and range of perceptions and opinions. Very cool and fascinating.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
So, not a big deal or important match but you started the thread? And I'm asking genuinely.

EDIT: this last 12-18 months has been an interesting time to observe Liverpool supporters. Possibly because, like football itself, access to supporters is at an all time high across so many platforms. It's fascinating (to me) the diversity and range of perceptions and opinions. Very cool and fascinating.
??

Well, it's still a game so still deserving of a match thread...

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
??

Well, it's still a game so still deserving of a match thread...
Very cool! Kopstar - you are one of my favorite posters, I always look forward to your posts, will this be a match you are able to watch?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
So, we are on the verge of adding more silverware to our collection. I rather like that idea. Immensely.

I think Trent is a liability right now, he passed more to the Norwich players last time out so I would move Joe to RB and play the majestic Cameroonian alongside the Big Man. Would leave Big Div as our Supersub.

The team I'd like to see would be:

..........................Adrian............
Gomez...Matip......Van Dijk..... Robertson.....
.......................Fabinho...................
........... Henderson............Keita.....
Salah..............Firmino..............Mane

Let's win this, show City how it's done.

3-0 Redmen. Bobby, Mo and Naby.

Last edited:

Glory2Anfield

So, we are on the verge of adding more silverware to our collection. I rather like that idea. Immensely.

I think Trent is a liability right now, he passed more to the Norwich players last time out so I would move Joe to RB and play the majestic Cameroonian alongside the Big Man. Would leave Big Div as our Supesub.

The team I'd like to see would be:

..........................Adrian............
Gomez...Matip......Van Dijk..... Robertson.....
.......................Fabinho...................
........... Henderson............Keita.....
Salah..............Firmino..............Mane

Let's win this, show City how it's done.

3-0 Redmen. Bobby, Mo and Naby.
I like this line up, pro defensive and pro attacking. Good way to start and make adjustments as the game develops

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Very cool! Kopstar - you are one of my favorite posters, I always look forward to your posts, will this be a match you are able to watch?
Unfortunately not, it's 8pm BST so that rules it out for me as the kids will just be finishing dinner and getting ready for bed. It's on BT Sports though (I don't have Sky) so I'll record it and watch it later.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...

It's the next match so it is important. I rate it as below other trophies, but as I did point out earlier our three victories in the Super Cup are United on the Champions Wall in Melwood. So the club take it seriously enough. I think it merits a match thread, as we all have ideas about strongest line ups, and how we can do vs Chelsea.
I really dont see the dichotomy between my view of the Super Cups ranking in the order of merit, trophy wise and starting a thread?

wibseyred

It appears Daniel Adam Keita has picked up another injury.

jaffod

Given the choice of the extra trinkets on offer this season this is the one I want the most. I'll be very disappointed if we don't bring this home tomorrow.
I'd play Matip alongside VVD, rest Hendo and go with Fabinho, Milner and Shaqiri in the middle with Origi, Salah and Mane up top. But what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.