• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Virgil van Dijk (CB) Southampton

Virgil in January?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bukowski

Unfortunately the amounts are rised up dangerously and for a club like liverpool is very difficult to chalenge teams like city for example cause now times the quality of the squad is depended from the value of the players. Is used to be like that in the past but now more. So many players like VVD are overated, but for me we have to spend because is the only solution. The problem for us is the ffp problem that for the clubs like city, psg, real madrid etc doesnt excist because they have the cash yo.

So, tactically i think that klopp wants two players for the defence. No needs, wants. One is vvd because number (never lie) say that is the best in the aerial game for the last season, and secondly he passes well. The second defender has to be fast one to give a kind of deep in the defence, but is not the priority cause the most of the concedered are from corner or from the sideline.

VVD for lfc is a great choise but a risky one.We hope

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
How deluded are we? If City want him they get him, simples really.

Walking away with the league

More money

Wages no problem

Further advanced than us at the moment

Do we really think he would turn them down to play for us. The thought of playing in front of Migs and Karius will be enough to put anyone off.

We sign him if City walk away.

Sadly thats how low we have fallen over the years. Twit & Twat did more damage that we realised at the time.
But he nearly came to us in the summer, if it hadn't been for someone mentioning it at some public event and the press got hold of it, he would have been well bedded in our defence unit by now.

I just feel sometimes, the Directors at our club (or whoever it is in charge) are not smart enough to close these deals covertly and quickly.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, I think last summer was our chance. Chelsea had their own problems between that transfer board and Conte, City were more concentrated on other positions. Now they're on course to win the league and are onto strengthening where they need to do it next and the club (more so after last season when there were more question marks) is ready to back Pep.

Elessar

Klopp didn't think so in the summer.
Maybe the reason to that is that the deal was "done" but the club fucked it up. I have thought a lot about if the club really wanted him for £70m or not. Did the club found an excuse out of the deal? I doubt very much that one of our board members could fuck up a deal in the way he allegedly did and still not being replaced.

IMO the club got cold feet and backed out of the deal but had to do in a way that they at least looked like they tried try to sign him.

Maybe it is just another shit post by me but that is what I think happened.

20ATHLONE

Do we still want VVD though.....played great, injures for a year, sulked when he didn’t get his requested transfer and has looked shite since returning?

Plenty other people out there that will cost less, and be less of a potential headache.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Do we still want VVD though.....played great, injures for a year, sulked when he didn’t get his requested transfer and has looked shite since returning?

Plenty other people out there that will cost less, and be less of a potential headache.
Apologies, 'liked' this accidentally but intended to reply. Guess who got a new tablet for Christmas?

I would be amazed if we've gone off him since the Summer purely on the basis of his recent form for Southampton (which hasn't been as bad as some would like to make out). Doesn't say much about JK and his eye for a player. He ticks all the boxes for us in qualities we are currenty lacking in CB. They haven't disappeared in 4 months. I agree there may be other options out there but JK made him the one and only target for a reason. If he's now available for transfer I'd expect us to be all over him again.

João Cunha

Banned Users
We have to be real, if City is in the race he will sign for them, I mean, they are practically champions, are in good position to win everything and have a good shot at the CL, and he would win more money than here, at this point I just don't know if he still 'prefers' us or not, the thing is, of we miss out on VD after all that happened and all that was written by the press, oh man what a punch on the stomach...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
We have to be real, if City is in the race he will sign for them, I mean, they are practically champions, are in good position to win everything and have a good shot at the CL, and he would win more money than here, at this point I just don't know if he still 'prefers' us or not, the thing is, of we miss out on VD after all that happened and all that was written by the press, oh man what a punch on the stomach...
We have as much of a shot at Champs League as City, if you mean progressing further. As for the bold part, you should be glad to have missed out of "VD". Don't think your missus or partner would appreciate it if you didn't.

João Cunha

Banned Users
We have as much of a shot at Champs League as City, if you mean progressing further. As for the bold part, you should be glad to have missed out of "VD". Don't think your missus or partner would appreciate it if you didn't.
You're right, she wouldn't have liked it lol

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Pellegrino interviewed and was asked point blank if VVD has played his last game for the club. Just shrugged and said "There's a lot of speculation, we'll have to wait until January, and in the meantime I have to do the best for the team." (And when the coverage went back to the studio, the pundits laughed and said "He's gone.")

So question is going to be... us or City?

João Cunha

Banned Users
Pellegrino interviewed and was asked point blank if VVD has played his last game for the club. Just shrugged and said "There's a lot of speculation, we'll have to wait until January, and in the meantime I have to do the best for the team." (And when the coverage went back to the studio, the pundits laughed and said "He's gone.")

I really want him here, let's hope that he still prefers us, but we can't deny that City could be a big wall between us and him

João Cunha

Banned Users

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
My read is that they’re just using Palmer to put out a story and hoping Liverpool will feel pressure to up their offer a bit to get this done quick. Trying to remind everyone that they can wait until the end of January to make a decision and open up to other bidders.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
My read is that they’re just using Palmer to put out a story and hoping Liverpool will feel pressure to up their offer a bit to get this done quick. Trying to remind everyone that they can wait until the end of January to make a decision and open up to other bidders.
Yep, but wouldn't that be a bit risky for their own transfer plans as well? Imo they need the money to sign some new players, or do they have enough money?

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
Yep, but wouldn't that be a bit risky for their own transfer plans as well? Imo they need the money to sign some new players, or do they have enough money?
I’m no ITK, but they need the money. They also have scouted multiple players and I’m guessing they’ll make a couple signings in January using the money. VVD will be sold, they’re just begging for more bidders to force us to raise our number and hoping City will jump in.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team

When it's us or Citeh, it's more likely it'll be Chelsea.

C

Caradoc

I’m expecting this to get resolved and his destination confirmed very early in the transfer window.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
@Kopstar are you aware of something that we don't know ? Just asking for a friend lol
Depends on the subject area ;-)

If you're referring to my vote then don't take much notice of that, the option I wanted wasn't available! Besides, I don't know the current state of play.

João Cunha

Banned Users
Depends on the subject area ;-)

If you're referring to my vote then don't take much notice of that, the option I wanted wasn't available! Besides, I don't know the current state of play.
Oh ok then, I guess we have to wait and see, hopefully all goes for the best :-(:((

FGred

6 days until the transfer window opens and this is probably going to have a new twist everyday.

I try to be optimistic but I would be very disappointed if we miss out.

The reliable Liverpool journos don’t reporting anything on this one could be a good sign because of what happend in the summer (zero information leak).
The moment we hear 'BREAKING - Clubs agreed a fee...' will probably be the same Moment VvD arrives for a medical.
I agree and i hope it’s Monday the 1st...

Status
Not open for further replies.