• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Virgil van Dijk (CB) Southampton

Virgil in January?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

You don't know that.
Do you think they have the money to buy a couple of decent strikers? If they did then they would have spent in The Summer surely when they got their version of Hicks and Gillett in. All I know is what I have read on Saintsweb and it seems that money for new players is in short supply after the leveraged buy out by their new owners.

Bob

But you just said that they couldn’t block VvD’s transfer to LFC. Make your mind up mun!

And you don’t know what Soton’s financial situation is. If its as dire as you suggest why did they prevent VvD from moving on in the summer?
The key is what VvD wants himself. If he wants us and nobody else and SFC have a choice of keeping him in the reserves or getting in a fair price for him then there is only one logical outcome. There is also an illogical outcome but that is so unlikely that its not worth considering.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Do you think they have the money to buy a couple of decent strikers? If they did then they would have spent in The Summer surely when they got their version of Hicks and Gillett in. All I know is what I have read on Saintsweb and it seems that money for new players is in short supply after the leveraged buy out by their new owners.
The new owners did not pawn the club to the banks as collateral to finance the purchase. The new owners pawn their own business in order to purchase the club. They took loan by using their own business as collateral, very different from leverage buyout. They have yet to put the club and its assets up to refinance and pay off the loan they took. They are also not known for LBO, unlike Glazers and the two pricks.

They don't have £100m, but they do have the money to buy a couple of strikers. Southampton's business model is not to buy a £30-40m striker. They are the best in bargain bin shopping.

Bob

The new owners did not pawn the club to the banks as collateral to finance the purchase. The new owners pawn their own business in order to purchase the club. They took loan by using their own business as collateral, very different from leverage buyout. They have yet to put the club and its assets up to refinance and pay off the loan they took. They are also not known for LBO, unlike Glazers and the two pricks.

They don't have £100m, but they do have the money to buy a couple of strikers. Southampton's business model is not to buy a £30-40m striker. They are the best in bargain bin shopping.
Irrespective of SFC's financial position they have clearly decided to realise the value of VvD and not keep him in the reserves in perpetuity. I still believe we will have him as a LFC player in the very near future mainly because that is what he himself wants.

Mark Thurgood

Oh I don’t know Denis Law managed it. He played for City twice - before and after United. He even scored the goal at Old Trafford that at the time he believed had sent United down with a cheeky back-heel. There were pitch invasions from Utd supporters and the match was abdandoned but the result stood. United were relegated.
Too young remember but I have heard that story before. Perhaps you can educate me on the year also?

GaryBarlow99

Why is anyone bothered about the fee? Genuine question as I couldn't care less. We obviously have the money and if it was going to impact on other transfers we wouldn't go that high. The Manager wants him so pay it and get on with the Aubameyang transfer ;-)

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
it makes sense. I always believed we would go back for him, and I suppose that is why Klopp didnt waste money on anyone else because he knew he would go back for him. On the back of our good run of results it is nice to see Klopp still aiming higher. And, there is still Keita to come !

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Crazy money if the stories are correct, still amazed that he is the only CB we have been seriously linked too, are our scouts only allowed to watch Southampton games.

C

Caradoc

Just been confirmed by Radio Solent’s Sports Editor Adam Blackmore. £75 million.

Twitter:

Adam Blackmore@AdamBlackmore

So, the 75M Van Dijk to Liverpool deal is getting close to being done.

The sale will enable Southampton to re-invest in their squad in the upcoming January window, I understand.

Good deal for both parties imho #lfc #saintsfc #thankgodthesagaisover

Last edited by a moderator:

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Jeezus fuck, really?

When you have someone like de Vrij on a Bosman in 6 months, it doesn't make sense to blow the wad on VVD. It's an insane amount of money.

rab

Is that a genuine account?-or am I going to start getting excited only for someone to point out in 5 mins it's a fake account?
It's the Paul Joyce one I follow and have done for quite sometime. I'm hoping it's the right one.

Pearce now saying he'll be a Liverpool player January 1st. That's Pearce with a blue tick if that helps

And Reddy is at it now too. Safe to say it's time to get excited

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Jeezus fuck, really?

When you have someone like de Vrij on a Bosman in 6 months, it doesn't make sense to blow the wad on VVD. It's an insane amount of money.
Some people just want to see the world burn.. fuck me get excited, this guy is the fucking one..

To me this is just like Fergie going nuts for Ferdinand for £30mil.

Klopp waited, when he could have moved on, Van Dijk waited.. the trust between these two is there already. VVD will run through walls for Klopp.

We are getting a vocal, commanding, leader for our backline, who is boss in the air and on the ground.. a player City and Chelsea both wanted badly. He is top top class.

Another excellent addition to our spine.

Finally FSG are playing at the big boys table, identify your target, pay what it takes to get him..

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
If the reports are real, we paid £70m plus add-ons, then why didn't we do that in the summer in the first place. At the end, they wanted £70m and we hesitated. Good to see reinforcement, but leaving me guessing what the feck was the football operations back office fuckers are doing last summer. Would have saved us all this headache of watching Lovren going through his life crisis unfold in front of our eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.