Virgil van Dijk (CB) Southampton

Virgil in January?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Beeb now has the story:

Southampton have accepted a world record £75m bid from Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk.

The Netherlands international had been expected to join the Reds last summer after saying he wanted to join the club and handed in a transfer request.

But a move fell through when Liverpool apologised for making an alleged illegal approach for the player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42496637

Get in!!!

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Incredible, he rejected a certain league winner's medal and what not to join Klopp and Liverpool. Let's hope he lives up to the hype, it will be considerable and everyone will be out to criticise him first time he does something wrong. I'm disappointed about his recent Southampton performances, the fact that something wasn't quite right there (see Suarez and Coutinho as comparison - at least to a certain level) but Liverpool are getting a player who wants Liverpool.

Club are already spending Coutinho money, it seems, but if that fee + summer's transfer budget get Liverpool Keita, Van Dijk and someone like Lemar and they live up to their potential, it will be money well spent.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
If the reports are real, we paid £70m plus add-ons, then why didn't we do that in the summer in the first place. At the end, they wanted £70m and we hesitated. Good to see reinforcement, but leaving me guessing what the feck was the football operations back office fuckers are doing last summer. Would have saved us all this headache of watching Lovren going through his life crisis unfold in front of our eyes.
Wakey, wakey eddie ...... this is unlike you. We backed off because we had really wound up Soton and they didn’t want to deal with us at that time. In the meantime we have obviously repaired our relationship with them enough to do things properly this time and get the deal over the line. :-)

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Incredible, he rejected a certain league winner's medal and what not to join Klopp and Liverpool. Let's hope he lives up to the hype, it will be considerable and everyone will be out to criticise him first time he does something wrong. I'm disappointed about his recent Southampton performances, the fact that something wasn't quite right there (see Suarez and Coutinho as comparison - at least to a certain level) but Liverpool are getting a player who wants Liverpool.

Club are already spending Coutinho money, it seems, but if that fee + summer's transfer budget get Liverpool Keita, Van Dijk and someone like Lemar and they live up to their potential, it will be money well spent.
This is old money not new. We just weren’t able to spend it in the summer. Likewise Keita. Nothing to do with the sale of Coutinho. :-)

coldbeatle89

I love the news, but with everything that has happened with this saga- I’ll start celebrating when I see the lean/signing of contract/him getting out of the van with candy.

coldbeatle89

Status
Not open for further replies.