We ARE the Champions!

Herb

I’d imagine that the TAW guys (or some of them) monitor this and other forums. I thing they’re struggling to turn themselves from die hard Scouse fans to a professional Youtube business. The post match pint show after the away Barcelona game is a perfect example. Yes it’s funny to be a pissed fan but not when people are paying for your opinion and content. I saw the one at the pier head, drinking in the sun and look at this party. Not good given the current situation.
In my opinion, most of the contributors come across as sound lads and ladies. A few have came out and addressed what happened in their own situations and given reasonable explanations, sounds like they will be putting out a free podcast sometime next week covering the issue, hopefully they won’t be afraid to take aim at their own as on the flip side of that you’ve got one bald fellah who was at Anfield in the video who’s doubled down on being a bit of a bellend on Twitter.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
In my opinion, most of the contributors come across as sound lads and ladies. A few have came out and addressed what happened in their own situations and given reasonable explanations, sounds like they will be putting out a free podcast sometime next week covering the issue, hopefully they won’t be afraid to take aim at their own as on the flip side of that you’ve got one bald fellah who was at Anfield in the video who’s doubled down on being a bit of a bellend on Twitter.
You got a link to that twitter please? Cheers :)

Redopium

Adebayo Akinfenwa has happily accepted a club fine after turning up for training at Wycombe Wanderers while wearing a Liverpool shirt.

Akinfenwa wore the top on Friday after Jurgen Klopp's side were confirmed champions the previous night when nearest rivals Manchester City lost at Chelsea.

The Wycombe forward is a well-known Liverpool fan and scored against his boyhood club when playing for Wimbledon in an FA Cup defeat in January 2015.

Wycombe are preparing for the first leg of their League One play-off tie against Fleetwood Town, which takes place on Friday.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Ive been on this thread so many times since we won just to read whats written and watch the vids but honestly couldnt think what to write on here. I'm 50 and have been LFC through and through since age 7 so the last 30 years have been terrible to bear witness to. I never ever though Utd would catch us in titles and every year i thought this will be our year. I bet on it for the first 10 or 12 years and i never gamble. All the near misses were heartbreaking, sometimes harder to take than finishing 4th or lower. I thought once Kenny was back we had a chance but that didnt pan out so i didnt want to get my hopes up once we got Klopp here but a few weeks and interviews later i started to hope.

Last year i hated losing by 1 point but everyone could see which direction we were heading and i had high hopes on this year, everyone knows Pep goes downhill after a few years wherever he is and i looked for every reason to stay hopeful. Quite a few games this year i thought we were lucky to win, Villa being the main one though a few games the opposition goalie seemed to want us to win the league, i thought the luck would run out but whenever we didn't get the luck we seemed to play better and get a win anyway.

Once Utd were beaten i knew we'd win, COVID did its best to stop us getting the title but as soon as restart happened i knew we'd get it, even to the point where i hoped City would beat Chelsea so we could win it at City. I still think that would have made this all the sweeter, even better than the guard of honour and i know 100% we would still have won the league. This team are champions, no chance in hell we wouldn't have won it in the next few games. Im just so happy we won it though i really havent been able to write about it. It's a relief more than anything else and knowing that we've had this consistency for 2.5 years now gives me belief that the next few years should bring more titles. I'm honestly thinking anyone wanting to win the league from us over the next few years need to get over 100 points in that year.

One last thing, i went through so many emotions over this, joy and relief at finally getting the title, anger at the few idiot fans trying to make the rest of us and the club look bad but i never expected this last one. Its almost like im deflated, we've finally got what i've waited 30 years for. It reminds me of the episode of only fools and horses where they finally become millionaires and Del gets bored, says all the fun was in the chase and now he's got there he doesn't know what to do. I just know that even if we win next year it won't feel as good as this. The only way this gets better is if we win the league and CL but im not even sure that would eclipse the 30 year wait. Still can't wait to watch the rest of the season and every other season of course :)

Sweeting

Given the happenings of the weekend I'm expecting we may face some resistance to the traditional bus tour round the city. I also think we could do something much better.

The thing I'd like a lot would be a concert, not sure where it would be held but maybe Sefton Park like LIMF is.

Make it a small price ticketed event, say £5 each, and wall the area off (again, they already do this for LIMF) with police checking people in to ensure no fireworks taken in etc.

Price of the tickets pays for the police, security, acts and the clean up operation.

Then have local acts on stage, all leading up to Jamie Webster and BOSS Night. Finally the players and staff come out on stage - little speech by Klopp, ceremonial raising of the PL Trophy. Then Gerry Marsden comes out to sing YNWA: Good night all.

I just want 200,000 Reds bouncing to the van Dijk song to be honest.

Last edited:

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Adebayo Akinfenwa has happily accepted a club fine after turning up for training at Wycombe Wanderers while wearing a Liverpool shirt.

Akinfenwa wore the top on Friday after Jurgen Klopp's side were confirmed champions the previous night when nearest rivals Manchester City lost at Chelsea.

The Wycombe forward is a well-known Liverpool fan and scored against his boyhood club when playing for Wimbledon in an FA Cup defeat in January 2015.

Wycombe are preparing for the first leg of their League One play-off tie against Fleetwood Town, which takes place on Friday.
I don’t understand why Wycombe Wanderers would fine him. If it was City or the Blueshite he was playing for, well yeh ok, he gets a fine. But Wycombe? They’re not rivals in anyway shape or form and in footballing terms, they’re not on the same planet!! Seems a bit petty to me but no doubt there’s some rule he’s broken.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I don’t understand why Wycombe Wanderers would fine him. If it was City or the Blueshite he was playing for, well yeh ok, he gets a fine. But Wycombe? They’re not rivals in anyway shape or form and in footballing terms, they’re not on the same planet!! Seems a bit petty to me but no doubt there’s some rule he’s broken.
Just simple rules about having to turn up to training in the correct gear etc nothing serious or worthy of moaning.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Given the happenings of the weekend I'm expecting we may face some resistance to the traditional bus tour round the city. I also think we could do something much better.

The thing I'd like a lot would be a concert, not sure where it would be held but maybe Sefton Park like LIMF is.

Make it a small price ticketed event, say £5 each, and wall the area off (again, they already do this for LIMF) with police checking people in to ensure no fireworks taken in etc.

Price of the tickets pays for the police, security, acts and the clean up operation.

Then have local acts on stage, all leading up to Jamie Webster and BOSS Night. Finally the players and staff come out on stage - little speech by Klopp, ceremonial raising of the PL Trophy. Then Gerry Marsden comes out to sing YNWA: Good night all.

I just want 200,000 Reds bouncing to the van Dijk song to be honest.
I think this invites a shit load more trouble than the traditional bus route. The parade last year went very smoothly despite there being half a million people knocking about or whatever it was.

Sefton Park has had loads of issues with anti-social behaviour in the past, LIMF included.

Magnus

I criticised Redmen TV yesterday due to them being part of the crowd celebrations, something I find very irresponsible given that they want to make money as a media outlet (very unprofessional to say the least). They could have been responsible for fans joining up, completely irrespective if some of them have had the virus (so are likely immune or not). It was very irresponsible and totally unprofessional.

Today I want to nuance my criticism to say that otherwise I am a great fan of them. I actually love their videos. Just a shame what they did, but they are otherwise creators of very nice content.