We ARE the Champions!

Sweeting

I think this invites a shit load more trouble than the traditional bus route. The parade last year went very smoothly despite there being half a million people knocking about or whatever it was.

Sefton Park has had loads of issues with anti-social behaviour in the past, LIMF included.
In honesty though, the bus tour is shite. You stand at the side of the road for 3 hours and they zoom past in a few seconds.

There must be a better way.

rab

In honesty though, the bus tour is shite. You stand at the side of the road for 3 hours and they zoom past in a few seconds.

There must be a better way.
Leicester did a hybrid. Open top bus through the centre then big open air stage on a central park with a set by Kasabian prior to the team arriving.

Seemed to spread things out but also gave people two chances to see the team. Was only about 250,000 people though.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Well, I’m still in utter disbelief, relief and so happy, happy, happy.

Not sleeping, but sleeping, dreaming sleeping if that is a thing.

This is how I see it:

Last year, the European cup - well I felt that was for Jurgen. That he can win, he deserves to win, and that keep the faith as he will win.

The super cup and world club was for the players - stick with us, medals are coming your way.

And now this title, well that was for me, you and all the fans, the city and anyone associated with the club.

I just feel life is different now. A couple of years ago I didn’t see a way past city unless pep left. But Jurgen has done it with city still here with pep. And of course found guilty of roundabout inflated spending.

But Klopp has just footballed them out. We have rattled them. Pep never talks about their fans... and that is all Jurgen ever talks about.

I’m just happy, happy, happy. Bouncing.

I missed 2 home games this season..... but I have a blur of memories of the rest. What an incredible time!

Jurgen, I’m a believer, I am but I can’t believe it.

❤

Lynch04

Smeg Head
That would be the most embarrassing and patronising gesture you could make. Stevie G was and is a club legend.
But he didnt win the league. And cannot be rewarded as having done, despite the sentiment involved.
I would be confident that he would cringe at the thought.
This! Every Liverpool fan and even a lot of neutral fans wanted Stevie to be a premier league champion because thats how good he was and how much he dragged us through as a team.
Stevie may have regrets about not winning the league and who would blame him especially after the slip, i know it would haunt me.
But, Stevie G is Stevie G, he has made millions of people happy, lifted numerous trophies, mostly inspired by his desire and talent, everyone knows this. If I was SG i would indeed be gutted that I never won the league but in terms of what i had achieved, for a club, fan base, city i adored, well i would be quite content in my achievements.

Magnus

This! Every Liverpool fan and even a lot of neutral fans wanted Stevie to be a premier league champion because thats how good he was and how much he dragged us through as a team.
Stevie may have regrets about not winning the league and who would blame him especially after the slip, i know it would haunt me.
But, Stevie G is Stevie G, he has made millions of people happy, lifted numerous trophies, mostly inspired by his desire and talent, everyone knows this. If I was SG i would indeed be gutted that I never won the league but in terms of what i had achieved, for a club, fan base, city i adored, well i would be quite content in my achievements.
Also, I firmly believe no professional would like to be handed a fake title. A pure sympathy title.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
There were 700.000 reds at the CL parade last year.

Without the pandemic I would have expected it to be closer to 1m than the 700.000 for PL winner parade.

Agree?
Evening, from all accounts the Parade wont be held until all authorities are happy. I was at the 2005 CL parade as I went to the game and flew back to Liverpool the day after. I dont know the figures for that event but it was a success people were unsure about. With the league and the fact people can prepare i would expect close to double the 2019 CL. Infact i would be surprised if it was less than 1.5m.

richieh10

Really? I don’t think we need to do much.
really?

look at the squad

likely to leave

Lovren
Shaq
Lallana

I wouldn’t be comfortable going into next season with VVD, Gomez and Matip as our only senior centre backs. 2 of those are history with injuries.
Lovrens time has past, he needs to be moved on.

I hope we keep Shaq but he might fancy going somewhere and playing week in week out and can see him going to somewhere like Inter Milan.

Lallana is obviously off so I think we need to bring on at least one player of that type who can create stuff in midfield.

we need a new LB. basically a 18-20 year old version of Robbo coz when he (or a mould of him) doesn’t play its noticeable.

I’d also say a back up up top as well.

If we stay still (as Man City did last summer) we go backwards.

Plamen

really?

look at the squad

likely to leave

Lovren
Shaq
Lallana

I wouldn’t be comfortable going into next season with VVD, Gomez and Matip as our only senior centre backs. 2 of those are history with injuries.
Lovrens time has past, he needs to be moved on.

I hope we keep Shaq but he might fancy going somewhere and playing week in week out and can see him going to somewhere like Inter Milan.

Lallana is obviously off so I think we need to bring on at least one player of that type who can create stuff in midfield.

we need a new LB. basically a 18-20 year old version of Robbo coz when he (or a mould of him) doesn’t play its noticeable.

I’d also say a back up up top as well.

If we stay still (as Man City did last summer) we go backwards.
But Man City did not stay still.They bought Rodri and Cancelo for almost 100 million.On other side we barely spent anything and despite that we destroyed them in the league.