We ARE the Champions!

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
"Kloppus Toppus
F.37 LIVERPOOL FC"

If you watched "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" (Season 7, Episode 17), at the beginning, you may notice the following screen:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/hhwe6y
John Oliver is a huge LFC fan. He had a similar screen when we lifted the Big Ear, aka. European Cup.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/bw5zfe
(I think F.37 is the graphics number from the mosaic wall at the beginning of the show.)

Last edited:

Commando

Ad-free Member
Even 17,000km cannot diminish the joy of Liverpool’s title win for so-called 'plastic' fans
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...verpools-title-win-for-so-called-plastic-fans

That's a great article. I love the fact that we have fans that are so dedicated they'll break their sleep to stay up or even get up in the middle of the night to watch us. And on match days you'll see fans that are obviously not local getting their photo taken with one of the statues, outside the Shankly gates or just with the stadium as a backdrop. I've told the story before about a European night when the lads around me were all chatting away in a language that I couldn't place (I'm usually quite good at placing folk geographically by their accents). This time I was stuck though. They could have been anything from Scandinavian, Eastern or Western European or Mediterranean. What tickled me though was their singing. Whenever a song got going they'd belt it out not in English but perfect Scouse. They must have learned the songs by watching videos. It made my night.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
That's a great article. I love the fact that we have fans that are so dedicated they'll break their sleep to stay up or even get up in the middle of the night to watch us.
Gets pretty tough at times but, really, it’s nothing......I’ve heard of cases of people Actually putting up with the weather and living in the UK to watch us, now that’s dedication....

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Never have bought the “oh you don't live near Liverpool” stuff, people move for starters, we were the team to beat in the 70s and 80s just as TV was becoming firmly fixed around the globe apparently my partners Brazilian mother was supporting Liverpool during the Barca game, whole swathes of Brazil were watching that game, my partner even knew the score He often has to ask me (Yeah probably the one male Brazilian who hates it).

We live in a global world if the alternative is a “white lives matter” banner then I embrace fully our international fan base.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Jürgen Klopp says the Premier League's policy on winners’ medals fails to recognise the importance of the entire squad in creating a culture of excellence through the season.

"These boys will get a medal 100% even if I have to produce it. They can have my medal"

The Infamous

Ain’t logged in during the whole corona thing cos I was a nervous wreck. At a few points during lock down I was thinking they would null and void it. Man it’s been a ride but much deserved. Congrats to the players and the rest of you lot on here. YNWA 19 times!!!