• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

We ARE the Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
I still can't believe COVID-19 fucked up my dream of watching a live game at Anfield this March. This will forever haunt me until I can try and return again.

Anyways, anyone who lives in Liverpool, is the LFC store open? If so, I may want a few things and I will pay you to get them for me.

Thanks!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
For fucks sake, I should still be working now, but I just can't. Emotions are running high at the moment when thinking about tonight.

Thirty years of a long and unthankful wait about to end, thirty years of frustration, of successive reconstructions, of rising hope only to be destroyed time and time again, sometimes by the most cruel of haphazards: Houillier's heart-attack just when we were about to make a serious storm towards the top, Rafa being undermined by g+h just when he was putting us firmly back on that perch, and then having his health and reputation ruined by these malevolent clowns... that unlikely Gerrard slip in 2014...

So many cruel moments... it looked as if that moment of relief and joy would never come for us. And of course, that was a never ending gift for all rival fans to rub our noses in the dirt, year after year.

Even Klopp, with his eternal optimism and enthusiasm, didn't look as if he could break that almighty duck. Two years ago, after that cruel defeat to Madrid, and again last year, when we lost out on the league just by that one little point, I didn't say too much apart from 'fuck', but in truth, I had my heart broken at the time, because I truly believed that it was our moment... I felt heartbroken for every fan out there. I felt that we truly deserved it.

But fortunately, Klopp did absolutely everything right. He's a great man, and it's in defeat that he showed it most. After the defeat in Kiev, he chanted the whole night that we'd be back, and instilled that belief in everyone of us. Indeed: we came back and won it. When we missed out on the league last year, it was the same again. He made everyone believe that we would not go away, and held word. I can't express adequately enough how grateful I feel towards him.

Thank you so much for everything, Kloppo!!!!

That massive millstone which this club has dragged around it's neck since such a long time is about to fall. Tonight.

Cheers also to the fsg people, who held their word and patiently improved the club over the last ten years, building a platform for Klopp and his coaching and scouting team to thrive on. Patience was needed indeed, and a lot of flexibility and willingness to learn the job of owning and running a top team in football. They had it in spades to be fair with them, despite some errors along the way, but who doesn't commit errors? In the end, they corrected them, held their eyes on the long term, and now we are back at the top, and they own a major jewel in the crown of top European football clubs. Their patience has been rewarded.

I also want to write something about the 96 right now, very much so. I've strongly felt throughout the decades that this horrible event, and the way it was used to drag the city's reputation into the mud after it occured, had a massive impact on this club's fate. For me, it's no haphazard that we progressively started to rise up again after the reputation of the 96, and with them, the reputation of the club and all fans, had been fully restored and officially acknowledged, both by political instances (Cameron's speech of apology in 2012) and judicial instances, with that long trial starting to take place after that. It was as if a weight was progressively lifted, as if a dark cloud was slowly giving way to the sun. As if there was a link between these things.

Let's rejoice and take it in as much as we can, but that moment tonight will be also very, very much for the 96 and their families, who never stopped looking for justice. RIP to the 96, and a heartfelt YNWA to all their families and friends.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I miss @AnfieldCat
For fucks sake, I should still be working now, but I just can't. Emotions are running high at the moment when thinking about tonight.

Thirty years of a long and unthankful wait about to end, thirty years of frustration, of successive reconstructions, of rising hope only to be destroyed time and time again, sometimes by the most cruel of haphazards: Houillier's heart-attack just when we were about to make a serious storm towards the top, Rafa being undermined by g+h just when he was putting us firmly back on that perch, and then having his health and reputation ruined by these malevolent clowns... that unlikely Gerrard slip in 2014...

So many cruel moments... it looked as if that moment of relief and joy would never come for us. And of course, that was a never ending gift for all rival fans to rub our noses in the dirt, year after year.

Even Klopp, with his eternal optimism and enthusiasm, didn't look as if he could break that almighty duck. Two years ago, after that cruel defeat to Madrid, and again last year, when we lost out on the league just by that one little point, I didn't say too much apart from 'fuck', but in truth, I had my heart broken at the time, because I truly believed that it was our moment... I felt heartbroken for every fan out there. I felt that we truly deserved it.

But fortunately, Klopp did absolutely everything right. He's a great man, and it's in defeat that he showed it most. After the defeat in Kiev, he chanted the whole night that we'd be back, and instilled that belief in everyone of us. Indeed: we came back and won it. When we missed out on the league last year, it was the same again. He made everyone believe that we would not go away, and held word. I can't express adequately enough how grateful I feel towards him.

That massive millstone which this club has dragged around it's neck since such a long time is about to fall. Tonight.

Cheers also to the fsg people, who held their word and patiently improved the club over the last ten years, building a platform for Klopp and his coaching and scouting team to thrive on. Patience was needed, and a lot of flexibility and willingness to learn the job of owning and running a top team in football. They had it in spades to be fair with them, despite some errors along the way, but who doesn't commit errors? In the end, they corrected them, held their eyes on the long term, and now we are back at the top, and they own a major jewel in the crown of top European football clubs. Their patience has been rewarded.

I also want to write something about the 96 right now, very much so. I've strongly felt throughout the decades that this horrible event, and the way it was used to drag the city's reputation into the mud after it occured, had a massive impact on this club's fate. For me, it's no haphazard that we progressively started to rise up again after the reputation of the 96, and with them, the reputation of the club and all fans, had been fully restored and officially acknowledged, both by political instances (Cameron's speech of apology in 2012) and judicial instances, with that long trial starting to take place after that. It was as if a weight was progressively lifted, as if a dark cloud was slowly giving way to the sun. As if there was a link between these things.

Let's rejoice and take it in as much as we can, but that moment tonight will be also very, very much for the 96 and their families, who never stopped looking for justice. RIP to the 96, and a heartfelt YNWA to all their families and friends.
Aww Hope, you are making me cry :cry: (y). I shed so many tears this morning. What a lovely post.

Alright Now

Cheers also to the fsg people, who held their word and patiently improved the club over the last ten years, building a platform for Klopp and his coaching and scouting team to thrive on. Patience was needed indeed, and a lot of flexibility and willingness to learn the job of owning and running a top team in football. They had it in spades to be fair with them, despite some errors along the way, but who doesn't commit errors? In the end, they corrected them, held their eyes on the long term, and now we are back at the top, and they own a major jewel in the crown of top European football clubs. Their patience has been rewarded.

Wow. Needs to be pinned somewhere for eternity.

Limiescouse

I was surprised to hear that Mane was the first Senegalese to win the title. Even more surprised to hear there had never been a Croatian to win it.

I love how Trent cant take his eyes of his medal.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
God I am in tears...I would not have another Captain lift this championship, Captain Jordan will be one of the greatest captains in his own right, right up there with so many legendary captains before him. And this team, no matter what, will always be one of the greatest Liverpool teams ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.