• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

We ARE the Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
For years we seemed to build our team around one player and when they left we had to replace them, I think that's the difference, yes one or two like VVD are hard to replace, you can stock up on strikers or full backs but unless they work for each other as a team the titles will be hard to come by.

It's what kept Manchester United going for so long, yes they had the rub of the green that's obvious but they were always a team, Liverpool are a team of genuinely good players who have been made great.

Not one of our players was signed from a generally top club (Bar Alisson), You could make the point for Salah and Fabinho but Roma were ok and Monaco were on the slide.

Southampton, Sunderland, Charlton, Hull and Newcastle make up most of our spine.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Well I guess I know what I'm going to be watching tonight! :)

Unrelated but also great: Not trying to minimize the impact of COVID — it obviously is bigger than football — but I'm absolutely HOWLING at our fans on Twitter clapping back at rival fans with heaps of "null and void the CL, people are dying", "null and void the CL to save lives", "null and void the CL, it's the only fair option." Mocking their double-standards about us winning the PL with our own banter, and they're all taking the bait. Love it. Karma's a bitch!

iftikhar

Tomorrow we will celebrate Eid ul Azha, Eid Mubarak to all my friends here. The whole world is going through a trying time and I pray the blessing of Eid is bestowed upon everyone.

I have posted this here for lack of a suitable thread. Please remove if it's not proper.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Tomorrow we will celebrate Eid ul Azha, Eid Mubarak to all my friends here. The whole world is going through a trying time and I pray the blessing of Eid is bestowed upon everyone.

I have posted this here for lack of a suitable thread. Please remove if it's not proper.
Eid Mubarak to you and everyone else it applies to as well.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
The following is not about this season only, but about the whole ride which got us where we are now: the best 100 goals of the last decade.

While watching it, I didn't stop having a stupid smile on my face, as it brought back so many fantastic memories. The least one can say is that over the last decade, we have been blessed with all the quality players we have had.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Is it me or since we have become champions have Sky and Bt started showing a ton of Man U stuff along with games and years where we have missed out.

in the last week I’ve flicked over to see.....
08/09
13/14
Crystanbull
Losing to Bournemouth 4-3
Loads of defeats from hodgson awful time
Madrid 3-1 Liverpool
The Atletico games from this year.
Watford away

then tons of united glory years and the treble.

they fucking hate us.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I thought it was just me with those things but there is defo something going on
Used to be a thread about it, mockingly called the conspiracy thread or something despite almost nobody believing there was any form of organised conspiracy. But with VAR taking a large chunk of human bias out of decisions we won the CL in first season of it and Premier League in first domestic season of it. Both prior seasons we came close but no cigar and we had our progress halted by shocking decisions/non decisions.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
To be honest they haven't a lot of content now, they always showed those PL years on rotation, I only ever caught one in which we did well.

You can make the case for BT as they show all sorts of Transworld type sport and could probably just show another one or two episodes or Baseball. But Sky do have a PL channel to fill, which I still think was a mistake.

iftikhar

To be honest they haven't a lot of content now, they always showed those PL years on rotation, I only ever caught one in which we did well.

You can make the case for BT as they show all sorts of Transworld type sport and could probably just show another one or two episodes or Baseball. But Sky do have a PL channel to fill, which I still think was a mistake.
Besides, they showed a ton of old reviews when the League was suspended. So they in some serious content crisis.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
I posted a while back about sliding doors moments and mentioned things like Villa away and Son hitting the bar, but I neglected to mention something during the former I thought of today: Anyone remember van Dijk’s interception/clearance just before Robbo equalized? Ball was crossed low from the left and there was a Villa player wide open in the center but Virgil just about scuffed it away (did the same against United at home when James put in a ball at 0-0). Anyway, it looked insignificant at the time considering we were losing, and it is definitely overshadowed by the two goals in 7 minutes, but I remember being like “if we somehow win this game that will be why” — 100% didn’t think we were getting a point at the time. In fact the cynic in me was almost like “well 2-0 is easier to take than 1-0” (to be clear I don’t ever want us to lose but I personally would rather lose 2-0 than 1-0). All rendered moot, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.