• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

We ARE the Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
For the 2,457th time, I remembered tonight that we won the Premier League. And like all 2,456 before, despite knowing it for a while, it still hits me like a ton of bricks.

Speaking of a ton of bricks, which is heavier — a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? ;) I'll assume you all are smart enough to know...certainly smarter than (the majority of) Mancs/Blues.

EDIT: This thread is closed but @Mascot88 last post needs to be framed: "The answer was Thursday 25 June."

Last edited:

Gazmaninaus

It was a funny end to the season. Almost like an anti climax because we won it so early and the season stopped. However I wouldn’t give it back.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Seconded. When it got to 25 June I got goosebumps...the clips of the players celebrating the night we won it are all around the Internet but this shows them before that...brilliant that the cameras were able to capture it as it unfolded.

Not sure where to post this, but here is as good as anywhere, nice touch from club.

Love it. Reminds us that there are Liverpool fans on the front lines of the crisis everywhere, whether in hospice care, as part of the NHS, first responders, etc...glad the Reds were able to bring them some much-earned joy.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Whats being put in the water,this is the 2nd LFC supporting Artist in the past couple of days,thats put this song in my head

I'm getting back into art again.

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Just went back and watched the 4-3 against Man City in January 2018. Given that they were rolling through the League and had barely dropped any points through Christmas (let alone lost) when we won that game, that was the first time I went "if we can beat a team that good, this team could be something." Still, didn't think winning the League two years later was on the cards.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Status
Not open for further replies.