• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Welcome to LFC - Harvey Elliott

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ooh, my first welcome thread lol

Anyway, we've snapped up the league's youngest debutant at just 16 years and 30 days when he appeared for Fulham in May, and as a boyhood Red will be hoping to achieve great things with the club.

Welcome, Harvey Elliott!

As I said in the transfer thread, I can see him getting decent time this season (mostly from the bench I would think), and this is probably our attacking depth signing. Not the finished article, but I'm delighted to see top young talent brought in to learn at the feet of guys like Salah, Mane and Bobby and hopefully push on just like Trent, Gomez etc.

Really pleased with this one.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Is he a boyhood red? Nice bonus, that...

Welcome to LFC Harvey! There's a lot of hard work ahead of you, in order to make the talent count!
Yeah, it was mentioned in a fair few places when our interest was first rumoured weeks back. I think an old Twitter account of his was dredged up and it was full of LFC stuff.

He confirms it here:

http://instagr.am/p/B0c_e7MHAWR/

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if we see him start any games this season or even be involved in too many match day squads. But always nice to see us planning for the future.

Last edited:

rupzzz

TIA Regular
At his age, presume he will be in the youth teams set up next season. Maybe involved in the cups etc.

Looks a decent prospect. Bonus prize that hes a red.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Great to see Liverpool snapping up all the best young talent - van den Berg, M’Bappe and now Elliot!

Danny_

Welcome to Liverpool! Looks like a good prospect from what I've seen of him.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Has been named in the squad for Napoli

Welcome to Liverpool, Harvey!

Kopstar

★★★★★★

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
If he lives up to the hype then I can see him being used in domestic cup games. Given our inactivity in the transfer market, other than buying youngsters like Elliott, maybe we'll be seeing a lot more youngsters get first team minutes as Klopp builds for the future.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Does this basically mean Wilson's off? Assume he's one for the seniors squad and so cant see them both getting game time. Unless he's not going to be used so much as a winger as an AM? Welcome Harvey.
There's...maybe 6 years between the two? Doubt we see him this year. Will have no impact on decision about Wilson. I assume Wilson will get this year to claim a spot...then he'll be sold or kept accordingly.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
He certainly looked pretty bright yesterday, continue like that for a year and he might be close to the first team.

Same with the young dutch lad really, they have effectively on the fringes of first team at top division clubs at 16 and 17 that marks them out as lads who could come on quickly.

cynicaloldgit

Green, not greed
Ad-free Member

treboeth

Don’t know why he’s apologised. Anybody who takes the piss out of that mouth-breather gets Brownie Points from me.
It`s a little bit out of order, but at his age he has a little bit of growing up to do (and the same for Harvey).
I expect Klopp to tell him not to be caught out in public again.
Apology made job done :well done:

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter

Sweeting

It`s a little bit out of order, but at his age he has a little bit of growing up to do (and the same for Harvey).
I expect Klopp to tell him not to be caught out in public again.
Apology made job done
The irony of Spurs' fans jumping in on this on twitter, pretending to be outraged and then going on to say they hope someone "breaks his legs" and calling him a pikey.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
He's 16 for fuck sake. Anyone that does not look back to things they have said when they were 16 with embarrassment and cringe is full of shit. He has appologised - time to move on

*edit - On a side note, if he needs to apologise for anything, it surely has to be that fucking ridiculous haircut

Last edited: