• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Welcome to LFC - Harvey Elliott

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
It's a good job I played The Journey with subtitles. After joining Liverpool, they signed Harry Kane. Once I'd got over the disgust at seeing him wearing our shirt, he said something to Alex in a corridor and fuck me it sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles.

For realism they should have added a domestic with a mop following him around.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Anyone only has to listen to some stuff from Franky Boyle or Gervais (Roy chubby brown?!) to see that offensive material goes down well with the masses.
Unless you’re a 15 year old Fulham youngster. Then the world goes crazy.

And Prince Philip has just about offended everyone under the sun.

Basically you must never mock Harry Kane. Not because he’s a whiny little tosser, but because he’s a media darling.
For the record I hate the term ‘mong’ but like I mentioned, comedians and comics make a living out of it.
But listen to the clip again; close your eyes and it’s actually a good impression of Kane.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I feel sorry for kids these days. If some of the things I'd said and done at the age of 16 had been immortalised on the internet I'd probably be too embarrassed to ever leave the house. Bit of a cunt's trick to release that video just after he'd signed for us. The one thing he should learn from this, apart from it not being a good idea to take this piss out of Sir Harry, is to choose his friends more carefully in future.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Just a quick question. Was Elliot really a necessary buy?

I would have preferred an experienced player to slot into the team, as we have had so many players away playing at tournaments in the summer and we have so many games and cup tournaments this season.

Kopstar

★★★★★★

I would have preferred an experienced player to slot into the team, as we have had so many players away playing at tournaments in the summer and we have so many games and cup tournaments this season.
If a top talent becomes available it's a prudent part of planning for the future that you sign them. Signing Elliott wouldn't impact moves for senior players if Klopp felt there was an urgent need for them.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Probably yes given the buzz around his appearances this summer. He looks like he could become an amazing player, if not this season, in years to come. His signing doesnt stop us signing anyone else for that position if Klopp feels it is needed.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Liverpool were saying that about Ben Woodburn and he has gone to Oxford United.

Oh don't know. I just feel we need an experienced signing, Man City got Rodri and he was cheap for £50 million, plus he is an amazing and experienced player, so the football experts say.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Oh don't know. I just feel we need an experienced signing, Man City got Rodri and he was cheap for £50 million, plus he is an amazing and experienced player, so the football experts say.
Sure, there is risk that the player may not fulfill his potential. I think Woodburn is a different kind of player though. He made his debut largely because of injuries to the first team. Elliot looks like a player who can fight for his place on merit, and has many of the atttibutes needed. Again, other than not wanting to block his path to the first team there is no other reason we cant buy a player if we want to - Elliot will only cost around £6m.

Rodri is a good player. Not sure £50m is cheap though. We still have to see whether he adapts to the UK and the premier league.

Sweeting

I think the fact is that Klopp (or the scouting team) saw him as an essential signing for the future.

If we didn't sign him we wouldn't have signed anyone else instead. We targetted Elliott for him potential but we haven't signed anyone to be a direct back up for the front three.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Sure, there is risk that the player may not fulfill his potential. I think Woodburn is a different kind of player though. He made his debut largely because of injuries to the first team. Elliot looks like a player who can fight for his place on merit, and has many of the atttibutes needed. Again, other than not wanting to block his path to the first team there is no other reason we cant buy a player if we want to - Elliot will only cost around £6m.

Rodri is a good player. Not sure £50m is cheap though. We still have to see whether he adapts to the UK and the premier league.
I suspect Elliott only made it to Fulham's first team because they knew he was looking to leave and were trying to convince him he'd be fast tracked to the first team if he stuck around there.

That's just my own supposition. But it doesn't change that any potentially top class british players who become available, we should at least be in on the conversation.

They might not work out. eg Solanke, but we still managed to sell him on at £19m and if Elliott does fulfill his potential it's a no-brainer.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
:D Why are so many obsessed with Elliot's haircut? I thought that when Lallana had the golden colour strip hair on top of his head, that was way worse. ;)

I only wish I have that much hair on top of my noggin to look silly.

Red over the water

I'm not sure how the compensation is awarded. If it is based on what the player has done at the time of the transfer, plus a training/development fee, then it will be much lower than what Fulham want. If it is based on quality, and what the player might become, they are right to ask for that much, as before very long 7M will be a bargain.

He really has something about him this one.

Redsi73

Really looks like he has something about him, nice skills, a decent pass, likes to drive at players with the ball.

Hopefully he has a real future here