• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Welcome to LFC - Harvey Elliott

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
He reminds me of a young Paul Gascoigne. He has that swagger and natural ability to drift past opponents. But his ball skills are like Beckhams.
Basically he don’t look too bad.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
The last young LFC player I was this excited about was Sterling.
Yeah, same for me. His technical skill is excellent, but what makes him stand out is his coolness when on the ball. He always knows what he'll do with it. Pass it around without taking too much risk, make a cross or a through ball, take on a dribble, shoot... he more often than not took the right decisions against MK Dons, and also in the pre-season games he played in. Also, he looked dangerous from the right, where he first started, but then looked equally good when played on the left.

The way he created space for himself for his shot on the bar was impressive to say the least. He should have scored on his first chance from that Milner cross, but was there in the first place, so he seems to have a good ability to read the game too.

On the other hand, we'll have to see how he does against stronger opposition, against top class defenders. Also, it was difficult to see from my stream how he did in terms of pressing and defensive work. I'd guess that this is the main aspect where he'll need to work on in the next years, in addition to the physical work in order to develop himself as a top athlete.

But he looks incredibly promising indeed. Hopefully he's made of the same physical material than Sterling too, ie. no injuries. Fingers crossed.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Seems to have a better footballing brain than Sterling. So much confidence in himself. I like that. It's frightening to think how good this lad will be WHEN he starts really fulfilling his potential.

What I don't like is that hairstyle. I hope Milly and Hendo are getting in his ear now

vjcpatriot

Elliott played well against MK Dons. Hopefully he can continue to show steady improvement. If it works out we could have the next Delle Alli on our hands. He definitely looks to be on the short track to the big club at this rate.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Seems to have a better footballing brain than Sterling. So much confidence in himself. I like that. It's frightening to think how good this lad will be WHEN he starts really fulfilling his potential.

What I don't like is that hairstyle. I hope Milly and Hendo are getting in his ear now
Hmm. Sterling for me had unusually high football intelligence even when he was very young. Hence why he could perform anywhere across the front line and at the tip of the diamond at his age back then.

Agree on the hairstyle. :)

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Hmm. Sterling for me had unusually high football intelligence even when he was very young. Hence why he could perform anywhere across the front line and at the tip of the diamond at his age back then.

Agree on the hairstyle. :)
Yeah, not sure why but Sterling's football intelligence is often called into question. I find it bizarre as almost everything I've seen of him suggests a very keen footballing brain. He rarely makes the wrong decision. The timing of his runs and positioning has always been very good and is superb now. He's shown he's capable of playing out wide, through the middle and in the no.10 role all by the age of 21. That's special.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
So two week ban for derogatory language about Kane on video. The charged was aggravated breach of FA rules. No arguments, learn your lesson.

Some facts:
  1. First offence.
  2. 16 year old kid.
  3. It was a video, clearly making fun of him.
  4. Elliott and Kane are not friends.
Bernardo Silva, currently granted time to respond to misconduct charge over alleged racist tweet. Some facts:
  1. Everyone jumping to his defence, including prominent ex black players (John Barnes) to current black players that have been victims of racism in the past.
  2. The alleged victim says it’s fine, we friends.
  3. Kick it out, says it’s not fine.
  4. It was a still image.
  5. Silva is a 25 year old adult.
  6. We play Man City in just under a month, even less due to Silva extension and time that the FA takes to make a decision.
So just interested to see what happens. I believe FA can’t do nothing or else we will get a whole bunch of it’s ok to be publicly derogatory if it’s a friend.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
So two week ban for derogatory language about Kane on video. The charged was aggravated breach of FA rules. No arguments, learn your lesson.

Some facts:
  1. First offence.
  2. 16 year old kid.
Bernardo Silva, currently granted time to respond to misconduct charge over alleged racist tweet. Some facts:
  1. Everyone jumping to his defence, including prominent ex black players (John Barnes) to current black players that have been victims of racism in the past.
  4. It was a still image.
  6. We play Man City in just under a month, even less due to Silva extension and time that the FA takes to make a decision.
So just interested to see what happens. I believe FA can’t do nothing or else we will get a whole bunch of it’s ok to be publicly derogatory if it’s a friend.
No, the FA will have to act. Four game ban, I reckon. But it will be dragged out until after we’ve played them.

Dutch

Ad-free Member

Some facts:
  1. First offence.
  2. 16 year old kid.
  4. It was a still image.
To me nothing has to happen to him, the tweet was clearly a joke amongst friends, let him play, with or without him, they will not beat us.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

Some facts:
  1. First offence.
  2. 16 year old kid.
  4. It was a still image.
From a few bits I've read the only reason this went further than a slap on the wrists was Harry (swear on my daughters life I touched it) Kane pushed for it. He really is a despicable prick.

Dave-D

From a few bits I've read the only reason this went further than a slap on the wrists was Harry (swear on my daughters life I touched it) Kane pushed for it. He really is a despicable prick.
England and Spurs captain throwing his weight around, bet he walks off with the ball during training matches if people don’t pass to him.

Red over the water

If Kane pushed for this, it reflects poorly on him. The modest fine is OK but the two week ban is a bit over the top. But there’s no point complaining. He hasn’t broken into the side yet, so missing two weeks is neither here nor there, and if he chooses to learn from it, which I’m sure he already has done, all will be well.

I come down on the side that says what he did wasn’t a big deal - a young lad having a laugh, hadn’t signed for us yet, making fun of someone privately, sticks and stones, no harm done, etc.

However...

If the whole episode serves as a clear marker for Harvey Elliott that because he now plays for Liverpool he is ‘news’, and he determines that the only headlines he wants to make are on the pitch, then all will be well. He’s at a great place to maximize his talent. Role models all around him, world class manager, hard working pros... and obviously a lot of talent about the place too. If he matches those standards then we’re in business. I’m really looking forward to watching his career unfold as he already looks a very good player.

nobluff

To me nothing has to happen to him, the tweet was clearly a joke amongst friends, let him play, with or without him, they will not beat us.
100% clearly a joke, the only thing was he did it so publicly, that everyone got to see it.

The issue the FA and Kick It Out(They have already condemned) have, is where to draw the line, and what does this teach younger fans? Is joking about ethnicity ok if its public, yet between friends? Is it ok between non friends where the is no indication of malice? Is it ok if you dont like the person, yet do so because the precedent has been set? Is it ok for a croud to chant "Conguitos, Conguitos"? This is a minefield, they cant let it go.

nobluff

Imagine when Elliott gets into the senior England side, and Arry is still the inept captain.

MinniMo

Imagine when Elliott gets into the senior England side, and Arry is still the inept captain.
Oh Harry won't allow that to happen, as long as he's the Cap-i-tan, he wont allow the kid nywhere near him.

(But, we could bring him on as a sub v Spurs and get us a hat-trick la!)

MinniMo

So, Elliott got a 14 day ban on the 11th Oct, we play Spurs on the 27th - so he 'could' play then - come on as a sub?

Would love to see it happen, but doubt Klopp would let it.