• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Liverpool - Divock Origi

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.8

Reds complete Origi deal

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the signing of Divock Origi from Lille.

The 19-year-old will immediately be loaned back to the French club for the duration of the 2014-15 season.

Origi arrives at Anfield having been tracked by the club since his days playing for the Belgian U15 national team and the Reds beat competition from Barclays Premier League and European sides to land his signature.

Upon completing his transfer in the United States, he said: "I am very, very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me. I'm very excited.

"I know it's a club with a great history, great fans and a lot of great players. For me, Liverpool is one of the greatest clubs in the world and I'm very excited to be part of this great history."

Origi began his career in the youth ranks of Belgian side Genk before securing a move to Lille in 2010.

He marked his senior debut with a goal against Troyes in February 2013 and has netted a further five times for Lille.

Origi also hit the headlines at the World Cup, netting a late winner against Russia in the group stages.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/167369-reds-complete-origi-deal

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
Nice to have this one done.

Strong words from our manager, very enthusiastic. Hopefully we've landed ourselves a bargain here.

With the Remy situation, I would have liked him to stay at the club this season as he'll get chances, but he'll definitely benefit from a full season in Lille's first team.

Hopefully he'll be ready and raring to go for 2015/6.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Glad with this deal.

Maybe we could have had a look at him for a week or two and try him out in a pre-season game but maybe the option to keep him there on loan was also part of how we got there quickly before other clubs and always sounded like favourites to get him.

nikz200

Good that he is on board, im hoping we can see him join us next season with a good final season of Ligue 1 under his belt and then make the move to the english game. Great young striker with a long sucessful career ahead of him. Welcome Origi!!

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Sounds like we sorted this all before the world cup according to Ben Smith. Shrewd to do that, he'd have cost £5-£10m more had we not I imagine.

lfc.8

I've only seen him play at the world cup, but thought he looked a good player, for someone quite so young. Pleased to see this one go through.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
I felt like this one was so primed to be stolen last minute by Chelsea, Arsenal, or even Spurs. I'm glad this did go through. He impressed me at the WC. I think he could be really good for LFC, sooner rather then later. Hope he comes back ready next season.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Nice prospect, kinda desperate to see him play. I hope we don't end up regret loaning him out.

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
Fantastic stuff. Shame we have to wait until 2015-16 to see him in Liverpool red, but I'll be watching Lille with interest to see how he gets on this year.

And yes, the loan deal was part of the sale agreement for any team, not just us.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Welcome to Anfield

Glad this went through looked a decent player during the WC

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Glad this is sorted. He is a real rough diamond, and for £10M is a steal. Lets hope he has a good season at Lille.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I'm glad we signed him but being selfish as I am I wish he would be playing for us this season as I think we could use him but overall I understand it's best for him to be playing consistently out on loan than with us in cup competitions. I thought he looked good in the World Cup..

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Not too surprising for a Belgian, his English is already pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjeqIvFxblw

KraznyIvan

Shame that we couldn't keep him around actually. Seems like he'd be a really good backup for sturridge with the Remy deal gone.

Welcome divock. YNWA!

Nilf

I'm glad we've loaned him out. Looking at Chelsea's recent successes (Courthois/Lukkaku), Belgians seem to develop massively when they're away from their parent club! He'll get better playing week in/week out then he would sitting on our bench, and I'd rather sacrifice an ok player now to have a great one come in a year or two (let's hope).

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Watching him boss the US in the World Cup was both exciting and excruciating. Very glad to have him on board and, like many of us I'm sure, I'll have an eye on Lille this year.

I hope Lille gets through to the Champions League so he gets to experience it before coming to us.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Welcome to LFC Divock.....well sort of, seeing that you won't be available to us for another 12 months!

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
See ya next year. Good luck.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Another year of development, think this time next year we will have another very tasty player on our books.

grenadier

TIA New Signing
Exciting buy, got a feeling we'll look back on this as an absolute steal and great business.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Super, can't wait to see him in a red shirt.

Legendary_No.7

TIA New Signing
knowing our luck he will get badly injured next season! what happens with the transfer then??

hate these buy to loan transfers.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Welcome to the club Origi! I expect this loan will greatly enhance his ability come time LFC need his contribution.

This now gives me a reason to pay attention to the French league.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Don't know much more than what I've seen at the World Cup but he seem highly rated. Hope he can fulfil his potential with us. I'll be keeping an interested eye on Lille this year.

Quite a crop of exciting youngsters we're collecting. Can, Markovic, Origi, added to the ones we already had.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Good luck at Lille next season, and looking forward to see you next year, Divock!

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
I've only seen him in the World Cup that just passed, so I can't really comment on his ability. It's clearly one for the near future though. Hopefully he has a barnstormer coming up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.