• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Liverpool - Divock Origi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart

Fox Soccer misspelled his name "Dicock" in their facebook post. I think we just found him a nickname.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Sterling, markovich, Ibe, sturridge... Now origi now that's pace!!

apple&jerk

Urban Sports
Another top youngster at the club, look forward to seeing this kid in the future.

Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Origi, Ibe, Suso, Ilori and the rest. The futures looking very bright indeed.

Sturridge isn't exactly old either.

Happy days

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
Ayre is obviously a poor job. All these players they keep signing. When's he gonna sort it out?

Nick

The club is in great shape, great transfer window buying for now and for the future

Joe90

A Dalglish and a Rush and the Cup is ours
Comes across as an intelligent young man. Good signing. Don't want brainless thugs. They go to Stoke

Danny_

I hope he has a great loan. From the little I've seen of him, it looks worth the gamble. He could develop into a very good player for next season.

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
Hoping maybe there's a hidden January call-back clause in there, just in case he starts lighting it up and we find ourselves short up front at the midway point of the season.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Joe90 said:
Ayre is obviously a poor job. All these players they keep signing. When's he gonna sort it out?
First teamers?

Suarez replacements?

Fullbacks?

When you have Rodgers hinting at the possibility of 'waiting till January' then you can't help but feel uneasy

This deal though, see what they are trying to do. It's a little bit like Chelsea in that respect in their buy to loan recruitment, helps with FFP, developing players through regular match time elsewhere etc etc. the problem though might be if we fuck up buying a striker and are left with the 3 we have at the moment, then questions might be asked about what we are doing or not doing in the here and now

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
It would be unfair to the kid to make negative comments here about what we learned from other young players who we thought would have developed.

Here's to an excellent career with us super-kid.

Welcome Divock!

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Good work by the club on this one. He's an interesting young player and gets to continue to develop at a proper football club in a very good league.

Like others said, we could probably have put him to use this season but if sending him back to Lille was the only way to close the deal then it's a reasonable compromise.

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
I'll welcome him properly next season, but I'll be keeping an eye on Lille this year to see how he does.

kopite1982

Looked class last nite. Shame he is not here this season. Didnt realise how fast he is.

Video from last nites game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBy8P_FBX2g

Claymenza

I like him.

Pros: He must be buzzing with excitement knowing he's heading here next season
- Clearly has the right mindset to be willing to play for lille in the interim to build experience.

Cons: He looks more of a handful than borini, we could use him now!

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
He's really an exceptional talent, that speed is matched by his physicality and very good technique. If he can develop his finishing and composure I think he'll be perfect for us.

Claymenza

Speckydodge said:
He's really an exceptional talent, that speed is matched by his physicality and very good technique. If he can develop his finishing and composure I think he'll be perfect for us.
If you look at his passing, you can tell he has composure.

It's one thing to rush past defenders and look for a shot. It's entirely different to rush past a defender, understand there's another player open and make that pass with calm.

He's no slouch with the physical side. Suarez was great with his back towards goal. Divock could possibly take hits and still have the audacity to turn/move up.

In terms of pace, i'm curious who's the quickest player in the team. Ibe, sterling or sturridge?

The other day, walcott was quoted that 'pace matters' after seeing sanchez in action. just wondering whether rodgers is looking for this in a senior striker as a backup to sturridge who clearly has that.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Scored the winner for Lille against Caen yesterday night, a dubious penalty. Seems to have the nerve and composure to score a goal in difficult circumstances.

kadronsa

TIA Youth Team
Claymenza said:
If you look at his passing, you can tell he has composure.

It's one thing to rush past defenders and look for a shot. It's entirely different to rush past a defender, understand there's another player open and make that pass with calm.

He's no slouch with the physical side. Suarez was great with his back towards goal. Divock could possibly take hits and still have the audacity to turn/move up.

In terms of pace, i'm curious who's the quickest player in the team. Ibe, sterling or sturridge?

The other day, walcott was quoted that 'pace matters' after seeing sanchez in action. just wondering whether rodgers is looking for this in a senior striker as a backup to sturridge who clearly has that.
I remember it was said some time ago by his former manager that Tiago Ilori is faster than Crisitiano, so it would have to be him because Cristiano is just as fast or faster than those you mention here. But of the three strikers, I would think Raheem just about nicks it...

Status
Not open for further replies.