• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Welcome to Liverpool: Kostas Tsimikas

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
On the official website now:

My fiendish (but probably unpopular) plan: give this guy a season to bed in, let him gradually replace Robbo in 21-22, then sell Robbo to help fund Mbappé. Sorted.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
“I’m very happy, I’m very proud to be here. For me, [it’s] the biggest club in the world. It’s an honour to be here and I will give my best,” Tsimikas told Liverpoolfc.com in an exclusive interview after completing his transfer.

Is right.. Welcome..

I am so happy I no longer have to discuss my preference for not having a right footer playing left back..

Limiescouse

Honestly, very happy with this one. It was an area we knew was a potential issue, despite the game cover provided by Mille and Neco, but it was looking like we would chance another season without dedicated back up. With the caveat that you never know how a transfer will work out, this on paper is WAY better than I imagined our options would be for LB for next season.

Now we just MBappe to come in so ha can play when Salah is tired and we're gravy.

Incognito

The Normal One
So he's our second choice second choice LB? :p
Going to be a success, because that's what our signings are! Good luck and welcome to the lad, some tough competition but that's what will make him even better!

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Delighted we have signed a LB. I know fuck all about him. We could be signing any of you for all I know. But in Edwards we trust. He can't be worse than some of the left backs we've had over the years.

He's surely going to be better than Konchesky, Traore, Moreno, Insua...

It will be good to have someone that can genuinely apply some pressure on Robbo.

MarcusBerglund

Finally a left back. A very good signing. I wish Tsimikas a good luck at LFC.
Now sign a solid central defender and a versitale forward and we will be fine - White and Sarr will be perfect for me.
The sales of Wilson, Grujic, Karius and Shaqiri will easily balance the books.

[email protected]

Edwards masterclass. Unlucky Jamal.
Picture the scene; Deliah in her cups tottering onto the pitch at Carrow Road microphone and whisky in one hand, cellphone in the other:

Deliah: Hello, Michael? Michael? Hesh yours for 8 million. Hello, Hello? Is this thing working? Michael? What's that breaking?

Somewhere in Liverpool:

Kostas: 'Mr Edwards sir, who was that?'
Michael Edwards: 'Don't worry son, break another plate. There's a good lad'

Over at Carrow Road:

Deliah to the empty stands: 'Where weeeeeere you??!!