Were you alive when Liverpool last won the league?

Were you alive the last time Liverpool won the league?

• Yes

Votes: 80 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Isn't there a huge chance we win this year's title just the next game after your wedding day?
You need to achieve further amazing life milestones quickly and many of 'em in that case man! :p;)
For godsake, you reminded @Alright Now for the elephant ride. Now I would really need to hire an elephant or hear his moaning for the rest of my life!!

RedLar

Well, I count 14 league titles, so can count 1 more trophy than you RedLar - though I didn't include the Div 2 in 1962/3, if you did that makes me 2 up!
Shit mate, that makes you born before 46 (well into your 70's) mate if you go back 14 league wins. Unless I counted wrong. I'm a whipper snapper compared to you. 27 when we last won the league. Knew exactly what was going on, and what it was about. We bossed shit out of everyone and were the standard all aspired to.

The next 30 years were long and hard, with the odd carrot trophy thrown here and there. Even worse watching United doing so well. Nice to see us wrap the league up so early, as I don't think I could manage a late, late, cardiac show.

Last edited:

LincsRed

I was 2, so my early childhood was slim pickings LFC wise. My first memories of football were the little blow up foot balls you got in a McDonalds happy meal for USA '94 (despite England not playing in it!), my cousin having a poster of Steve McManaman with the League Cup but then the Spice Boys final and Euro '96 were really my first proper memories

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Having looked at many of the posts in this thread I now feel like a granddad to many of my fellow forummers. I was about six weeks short of my 31st birthday the last time we won the league. So, just a three-decade wait. Cue corny joke about buses.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Having looked at many of the posts in this thread I now feel like a granddad to many of my fellow forummers. I was about six weeks short of my 31st birthday the last time we won the league. So, just a three-decade wait. Cue corny joke about buses.
They stink of piss and the person with a personality defect always sits next to you even when empty?

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I was a little kid when Liverpool last won the title, so I don't remember any football-related thing from that time. I actually started supporting the club after Houllier's treble, so my trophy count is a bit small but two Champions League titles and perhaps a Premier League title this season would make it so, so sweet and worthwhile. To think there was a twelve year period in which Liverpool won a solitary League Cup trophy, while Man United, Man City and Chelsea were sweeping up the honours... Even Arsenal were doing great in FA Cup during that period. I hope that these particular tables have turned now.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I was 5. Not interested in football.

Few months later (I was 6 by then) i've watched my first football game on TV and I can still remember it. Well, that’s especially because of one incident.

Italia 90. June 24th. Round of 16. Germany vs. Netherlands.

That’s the game where Frank Rijkaard spit at Rudi Völler.

The next game I’ve watched was the final.

Nur der BvB09

Me was 13 years of nonsense with lots of energy invested the wrong way. Still back at that time I loved watching Milan FC and Borussia Dortmund. The Milan was the best I dreamed to watch every single time if I m honest.
Now that I m a bit wiser and uglier still managed to make a couple of years before the right choice. I dare to say but that 2013-2014 football played under Rodgers was a dream stuff

jaffod

I was 25. Not going to lie, there's been many a time I've contemplated the possibility I might never see another. But I'm starting to think I just might if I keep myself fit and healthy for another couple of months.
I remember every one from '72/3 onwards and can quite safely say the desperation to win another one increases every time we come close. The last 2 when we were ultimately beaten to it by those cheating manc cunts were absolute torture but at least this one looks like being less stressful, although I'm still not taking it for granted.
The one thing the 30 year wait has done is put us all in the same boat to an extent. Us 'arl arses will celebrate it every bit as much as those who have never seen one. My lad is 21 so obviously this will be his first but I don't think there'll be much difference in our emotions if and when we do get over the line.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I was about a quarter of a century old.

Last match that I went to Anfield was the Alan Hanson's Testimonial, which LFC beat England XI 3-2. I was standing at the Kop end, losing my wits with Rushie and Whelan's goals. That was the year that LFC won the 17th First Division.

I still remember the following year, how annoyed I was that we missed out by not even goal difference, but amount of goals for. I even came up with silly arguments that the league should have been awarded to the better defensive team than the Gunners.

My recollection of our 18th league trophy was very vague. It could be because I had to focus on my studying, and/or I could no longer access the match by radio (Yay Radio City of the 80s), and perhaps that there were not too many LFC matches being shown by TSN in Canada at that time (RIP Graham Leggat)?

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I went to the deciding game away at Chelsea. Just turned up and bought a ticket at the turnstile on the day, unthinkable now. The away end was rammed. These were pre all seating days and nobody thought of the danger. Like a different world.