Were you alive when Liverpool last won the league?

Were you alive the last time Liverpool won the league?

• Yes

Votes: 79 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Haha I remember the ceefax rolling screens. I never listened to radio for years as we always lose so this was my go to until my University days
Saturday afternoons shopping with missus - at around 430pm I'd always politely ask if I could pop to Dixons to see some tech stuff and I could meet her again at 5 somewhere.

Then get to Dixons - and loads of guys outside the shop too all watching Ceefax to see how their team had done.

Good days!

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Saturday afternoons shopping with missus - at around 430pm I'd always politely ask if I could pop to Dixons to see some tech stuff and I could meet her again at 5 somewhere.

Then get to Dixons - and loads of guys outside the shop too all watching Ceefax to see how their team had done.

Good days!
Haha yeah I'd always ask my dad if we could leave certain shops to the end of the shopping simply because i knew they had TVs in. I remember one Dixons staff member getting a bit angry about us all looking at one TV.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Anyone recall the pink echo then? Anyone know why it was pink on Saturday for the footy scores?
We had the Footy Echo delivered every Saturday evening. There used to be figures of a Kopite and the Toffee Lady (Mother Noblett) at the top.

They would be dancing (2 points) or holding a big pin (one point) or crying (no points).

I always assumed it was pink to distinguish it from the normal Echo which was also printed on a Saturday. It always went unread if we lost.

My mother used to post it to me when I was a student.............

Last edited:

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
and if they were 2nd one season, you knew they would be better then next season. Under Paisley, in Clemence, Hansen, Souness and Dalglish he had a foundation. Players were bought and usually had time to settle into the team. There was an air of invincibility. They were a famous European team, and we favourites for everything. They could win 5-0 or they could dig out a 1-0 away to a difficult team. They could take the pressure out of big away games and sneek a win, or they could put top teams to the sword. But it was the fact that Shanks build a club, and that the players played for the club and for the fans. And it was the stability of the club and team that was envied.
Why that all changed is another story. When Dalglish took over as manager, he was the first man who wasnt a part of the original boot room, however, it felt like he was part of a new generation. When Shanks left there was uncertainty, and Paisley took us to another level. When Paisley left there was uncertainty and Fagan did the treble, when he left t here was uncertainty and Dalglish won the double. It seemed that Liverpool always carried on, regardless of change.
Cup wins were always exciting, but the league wins were always inevitable. They would win the key fixtures, win the key away games, and always seemed to pull through.
The arrival of Ex Captain Souness just seemed like another change that the club would adapt to and be successful....

richieh10

Alive - yes
Any knowledge of football - No.

my first season as a fan was 1993/94 season.

I was 8 and my dad took me to Anfield twice that year.

both at the end ofthe season, v Ipswich which we won 1-0 thanks to a Julian Dicks pen and also the Kops Last Stand, losing 1-0 to Norwich. Great goal from Jeremy Goss to win it for them.

I got no idea what I am gonna do when it’s finally confirmed. Go crazy most probably

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
Yes, was only a baby and I'm also foreign and haven't been supporting all my life. Started watching the EPL in 2007 so I've only known dark times! Was an odd feeling to genuinely feel like my team was the best in the world. Hoping the best is still yet to come too (b2b CL and PL would be something...).

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I was 15 the last time we won the title,i only knew greatness during the late 70's and throughout the 80's,so having to wait 30 years to get our title back has been a killer (still,we've won 16 cups in that time) but by god it'll taste soooooooo sweet getting her back in our trophy cabinet.

kennyrush

Started following the Reds on fa cup final day 1974. Very spoilt for a long time. The 1980s were superb. Like others started to take it for granted. Really hoping for a positive end to this season for my 18yo son and others who haven't had the pleasure.
I will be quietly satisfied and smiling inside!

StEtiennesLeftBoot

We're on our perch.. TBC..we're never gonna stop..
Anyone recall the pink echo then? Anyone know why it was pink on Saturday for the footy scores?
It was as has been mentioned the final edition of the day with the footie results.. how well I remember the Liver bird logo printed as the bird flapping its wings and crowing for the result and match report of our first European Cup in 1977
..the whole city erupting with flags and dancing and singing... an awesome and contradictory sight because of high crimes against fashion with Bay Roller kecks and tank tops and platform heels still being worn by scallies at the time.... fingers crossed for a victory parade this year..

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
...high crimes against fashion with Bay Roller kecks and tank tops and platform heels still being worn by scallies at the time.... fingers crossed for a victory parade this year..
I’m not sure the clothing will be much better this year. The ubiquity of jeans and trainers is quite tiresome.

Commando

Ad-free Member
It was as has been mentioned the final edition of the day with the footie results.. how well I remember the Liver bird logo printed as the bird flapping its wings and crowing for the result and match report of our first European Cup in 1977
..the whole city erupting with flags and dancing and singing... an awesome and contradictory sight because of high crimes against fashion with Bay Roller kecks and tank tops and platform heels still being worn by scallies at the time.... fingers crossed for a victory parade this year..

I’m not sure the clothing will be much better this year. The ubiquity of Jeans and trainers is quite tiresome.
Not me! I'm still wearing my Bay City Roller kecks and platform healed shoes. Like the saying goes. "Don't fix what isn't broken". (y):cool:

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
Just tried to write a piece on the day and game v QPR and can be found in 'The Albert' on AndysArticles. Maybe have a looksee guys n dolls, if you get five. Stay safe and sound. Andy.