• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Wesley Sneijder (AM) Inter Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Play the diamond formation.                 Reina
                             Johnson Skrtle     Agger     Enrique
                                                      Lucas
                                     Gerrard                     Henderson

Sneider

D Stungun     Luis Suarez

Sterling,Allen,Suso,Jonjo,Coates,Jones. on the bench next season if we start with this its on.....

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Sigh. Hope we get some good number 10 in summer. Could it be a plot to make us increase our wage/joining bonus and Inter to increase their severance package?
Perhaps that - Sneijder might be making an implicit threat that with the current offers, he will reject Galatasaray and whomever else, collect his pay until June, and walk away on a free. Inter will be gambling that he is too concerned about his NL team position. The 3-way game of chicken will go on until the final week of the window, I am sure.

kwala

TIA Regular
Anyone else see Gerrard on goals on Sunday?

From his responce when asked about signing sneidjer, I think there may actually be serious interest from us.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Anyone else see Gerrard on goals on Sunday?

From his responce when isasked about signing sneidjer, I think there may actually be serious interest from us.
Just watched the youtube clip of his comments. Does sound like we are going for him. Mentioned wages and said he's like to have him here.Fingers crossed!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
When Sneijder said there are two options it depends what he was responding too.

Did he mean there were two options: Stay at Inter or move to Gala?

Or did he mean: There are two options if he leaves Gala or another?

TFC

TIA Squad Member
When Sneijder said there are two options it depends what he was responding too.

Did he mean there were two options: Stay at Inter or move to Gala?

Or did he mean: There are two options if he leaves Gala or another?
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Sneijder to Sky Italy:"I spoke a lot with Moratti.Moratti said that I'm closer to Galatasaray but I could stay? That are the right words"
Sneijder:"If I can stay at Inter?Inter fans are best ones out there.There are only 2 options,Galatasaray is concrete.I feel great in Milan"

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Tancredi suggests the former...because he claims there is no evidence we have made a bid..

But that appears standard for us, i think we usually negotiate a deal and only once when it is all agreed do we seem to put through the actual bid.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
It seems like it's over as far we're concerned:

inter.it ‏@inter
Moratti: "A nice chat with Sneijder" http://go.inter.it/7mt

Arminius

FSG PR plant
It seems like it's over as far we're concerned:

inter.it ‏@inter
Moratti: "A nice chat with Sneijder" http://go.inter.it/7mt
With Moratti, you always have to parse what he is saying and ask why he is saying it and for whom. Inter are a stark contrast to AC Milan, they do not conduct their business in public without reason. He basically just said that anyone other than Galatasaray needs to come forward with a better offer.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Play the diamond formation.                 Reina
                             Johnson Skrtle     Agger     Enrique
                                                      Lucas
                                     Gerrard                     Henderson

Sneider

D Stungun     Luis Suarez

Sterling,Allen,Suso,Jonjo,Coates,Jones. on the bench next season if we start with this its on.....
Slight problem with numbers there....

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
-------------Reina------------
Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
--------Lucas-Gerrard--------
------------Sneijder----------
-Sterling---Sturridge--Suarez-
Back up:
-------------Jones------------
Wisdom--Carra--Coates--Kelly
--------Allen-Henderson------
-----------Shelvey/Suso------
-Downing---Borini---Assaidi-

Just for an idea on squad with Sneijder, obviously wouldn't play Kelly at LB Johnson would move over and Suso or Shelvey would be loaned out.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Sneijder told inter.it: "I spoke a lot with president Moratti because we have a good relationship, we had a good talk, nothing more than that."

"He said that it's looking like I'll be off to Galatasaray but there's still a
slim chance I could stay? What the president said is exactly right. The Inter fans expect me to stay? Inter fans are the best around, I've won everything here and I'm happy here."

"Now I don't know whether I'll be saying, 'I am happy here' or 'I was happy here'. One of two things could happen, we'll see."

15.50 GMT: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti cleared the air with Wesley Sneijder today as the midfielder prepared to finalise a move to Galatasaray.

He told inter.it: “I met Sneijder. I wanted to have a chat with him, I thought we needed to. Have we made peace? I don't think there was ever a war in the first place, and certainly not with me personally. Did we chat to see if we were all moving in the same direction? Which one? It's a surprise... Is he close to a move to Galatasaray? Yes, I think so.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/3827?cc=5901

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Well Gala are essentially offering him the same after tax wage. Nobody other than Man City pay wages like that in the Prem. When it comes down to it, 95% of the time the player moves for wages even though they will never admit it.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
That's something I'll never get, the average pro footballer must make £10m a year....saving a quarter of that, £2.5m a year which will be earning mad interest, who needs that much fucking money!? Insanity...

The only good thing about this is we know we won't pay stupid wages just to land the player, i'm none plussed about this. If we get him, great we've got a bargain. If he goes to Gala then he's just another fucking leech and good riddance.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
If he is a bloody money grabbing player fine. He can still move to a rich club in Russia at 32/34. Sometimes as a normal working person I feel these footballers earn ridiculous money.60k a week would probably be my salary for 5 years. For me 60k,70k bloody doesn't make a difference. It's a lot of money that would give me trouble counting.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Tancredi Palmeri has tweeted: “Meeting ongoing between Inter and Sneijder’s agent. According to Sky Italy it’s for a payout, and Sneijder might sign tonight for Galatasaray.”

As always with overpaid players, they aren't taking a salary cut without getting a going away bonus to compensate them.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
OK, if a club with owners who invest 0 into a club having bought it sanction paying 100k a week for a player who helps them to win the league, has umpty thrumpty shirts sold with his name on and is an immense ambasador and advert for the club with a very high public image, is he overpaid?

Eddie, you're in business, what's the equation? An employee must earn three times his salary to justify his job? Same's surely true in football. For a team to run at profit, the staff (players) must earn more for the club (results) than they're paid.

Business is business whether it's football or making board games.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think one way or another this is coming to a head and we will be put out of our misery very soon.

*corballyred*

Looks like he is off to gala. Even though both our manager and captain our tight ase owners don't and sure they have a great knowledge of football. We will probably end up with tom ince happy days.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Johan Elmander openly tweeting that Sneijder has joined.

Game over on this one now surely.

Johan Elmander ‏@Elmander_9
Hosgeldin Wesley Sneijder!

@Ricky052011 overall last minute news, Sneijder signed for Galatasaray at 19:50. he come to istanbul tomorrow.

@Ricky052011 no problem, his contract: 3,5 years, 3.500.000 €/year!

@Ricky052011 we had a contract until 5th February. LFC can not do anything!

@Ricky052011 For Inter, we pay 7.500.000

Surely committing a bit of a faux par tweeting this info!

All that said, That twitter account isn't verified - could be total BS - hope so

LiVeRp0oL89

Who knows.. likely heading there but we'll see. Seen a twitter rumour from sky italia a couple hours ago that a premier league club had made a bid an the 11th hour as they put it.. not sure whether they're just making it up as they go along though..

rupzzz

TIA Regular
We don't want players whose main motivation is money anyway.
Here here.Ofcourse most will see this as FSG letting us down etc etc.Might have to have a few days away from the forum as it goes into meltdown now as people freak without realising that we have no idea what's happened.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
If we end up losing out on Sneijder then I guess Coutinho is our fall back option. Are Inter prepared to lose both attacking midfielders in mid-season? Surely our chances at getting Coutinho could drop if Sneijder leaves Inter? Or are Inter so hard for cash that they'd almost anyone?

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
hot topic tonight...whatever the outcome - and it seems like Gala are ahead of us - I recknon I'd be utterly gutted to see us losing out on him. but let's not kneejerk or something.

unless this "11th hour bidder from EPL", assuming it's not us, steals it late (what day are we already, the deadline day ?), neither Manure, Citeh or Spurs were in for the final round. Manure already has Kagawa, Citeh has Silva and Spurs, eh...anyway, this wage thing is a bullet to dodge for them apparently.

how about us ? we're letting a world-class playmaker slip through our hands, a quite reachable one at that, which is the most frustrating.

but it's not as if we're short on midfielders of late. Gerrard is back at his finest, even if I'm wondering how long it will last. Hendo is gearing up big time, Allen will get better, Shelvey has bags of potential and Suso's waiting, hopefully patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.