• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Wesley Sneijder (AM) Inter Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
Im worried if we sign Sneijder is he going to be giving 100% is he going to be hungry or just pic up high wages and upset the dressing room.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Buying Sneijder means Hendo time will be limited on cup games and his obvious progress will stop. The boy must play more than ever because his self confidence is growing, he can become a monster player for us.
With Sneijder we will be more dangerous up front, but you will never see him chasing opponent players on our half like Hendo, Allen and even Shelvey.
I disagree, if we bring Sneijder it will improve the younger midfielders. There is no reason why we cant play....Lucas....Henderson...Sneijder...Gerrard....Suarez.........Sturridge......Now thats a team

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Buying Sneijder means Hendo time will be limited on cup games and his obvious progress will stop. The boy must play more than ever because his self confidence is growing, he can become a monster player for us.
With Sneijder we will be more dangerous up front, but you will never see him chasing opponent players on our half like Hendo, Allen and even Shelvey.
I don't know. I feel that if we pick up Sneijder or any other attacking midfielder then we need to send some of our younger players like Shelvey and Suso out on loan - just maybe not at the same time.Henderson will still get plenty of opportunities as he is more versatile and probably our next best midfielder after the starting 3.But we can't stop progressing just because Henderson's game time might drop.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I disagree, if we bring Sneijder it will improve the younger midfielders. There is no reason why we cant play....Lucas....Henderson...Sneijder...Gerrard....Suarez.........Sturridge......Now thats a team
Yeah, that would be a helluva team, but it does look like it would be a 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard or Henderson on the right. SG wouldn't wouldn't go for that and it wouldn't do Henderson's development any good. Sneijder coming in would, I think, mean more bench time for Henderson, or even Lucas. That's assuming Sneijder doesn't flop ala Joe Cole.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Since the Veron / Hargreaves signing, Ferguson has stayed away from those older, superstar signings, especially ones unproven in the Prem. Don't see him paying big wages for a rotation player on their squad.
RVP is an older,superstar signing don't you think!?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Don't think so, he might slot into Downing's role. God knows how much our manager don't rate Downing, but not much of a choice but to play him. With Sneijder, I think not only would we see quality on the pitch to help the team winning games, would also see someone giving pointers to our young ones how to be better. Henderson would have Gerrard and him to learn from - what an accomplish duo of teachers, no?

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Strong rumors that this is deal is almost done. 110K wage. i hope its true.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Shelvey & Suso are going to be a bit lost if we do sign Sneijder, one or both would need to go out on loan...Seems that Hendo is becoming a first pick in front them both

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
If we sign Sneijder then we will have Luca,Gerrard,Allen,Hendo,Sneijder,Suso and Shelvey.

A loan spell somewhere at the bottom table team or a championship side where play time is available will improve Shelvey and Suso immensely.

Hendo and Allen will push further more to stake a claim in the first team, which will be good for the team and they themselves.

But i am thinking what this will mean to the physical DM that we think we need. Is there a place for someone like Diame/Momo/M'villa in this squad?

okocha10

Football Master
Hedno and Gerrard will never produce on the right, we already saw them there, their best position is in the middle. So we will have Gerrard, Sneijder, Hendo, Allen, Shelvey and Suso fighting for 2 places in midfield, and only Lucas to cover a DM spot. Every other player we have is struggling in Lucas role.
When i say fighting i don't really mean that because u can't give huge wage to one player and then move him on the bench when u see a younger player is ready to play. That's why Sturridge has never been ment to success in Chelsea.
When we talk about Sneijder we have in mind his best moves and games, still he maybe isn't capable to produce that anymore. But we are willing to risk and give him a 110k wage, more that Suarez have.
Yes Sneijder class is well known but his form is at least questionable. What is the reason Inter don't want him and why he isn't play there regulary?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Stevie G on goals on sunday just confirmed Rodgers and the club want him and itd be great to see him in a red shirt but "I think he gets paid very well!"!

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I disagree, if we bring Sneijder it will improve the younger midfielders. There is no reason why we cant play....Lucas....Henderson...Sneijder...Gerrard....Suarez.........Sturridge......Now thats a teamf
I like the look of that set up. If we do get him I would be super happy with the window.
Add a quality wide player and possibly a left back and we would be ready to rock next season.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Sneijder is crucial as he will give us more forward momentum. As well as Henderson has played yesterday, he did pass backwards a couple of times when he could have perhaps, been a bit more adventurous and go for the forward option instead. Sahin used to do that whenever he played the no.10 role for us, hence, it allowed us to retain the ball more effectively in the final third, without the opposition forcing us to bring it back to Reina or Jones.

Gerrard will also need rest every now and then and Sneijder can easily take over his duties against weaker opponents. And, it never hurts to have another potential goal scorer from midfield.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Do you think he is going to be fit and ready to go (after not playing for so long)?

It would say a lot about his professionalism if he wasn't, as I expect most older players would know how to stay sharp and in shape even when they are not playing.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
http://lfcts.tumblr.com/post/41005329227/gerrard-talking-about-sneijder-wed-welcome-him

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Hedno and Gerrard will never produce on the right, we already saw them there, their best position is in the middle. So we will have Gerrard, Sneijder, Hendo, Allen, Shelvey and Suso fighting for 2 places in midfield, and only Lucas to cover a DM spot. Every other player we have is struggling in Lucas role.
When i say fighting i don't really mean that because u can't give huge wage to one player and then move him on the bench when u see a younger player is ready to play. That's why Sturridge has never been ment to success in Chelsea.
As i told earlier:

If we sign Sneijder then we will have Lucas,Gerrard,Allen,Hendo,Sneijder,Suso and Shelvey.

A loan spell somewhere at the bottom table team or a championship side where play time is available will improve Shelvey and Suso immensely.

Hendo and Allen will push further more to stake a claim in the first team, which will be good for the team and they themselves.

If Shelvey and Suso goes on loan we will have Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Hendo, Sneijder and a DM cover if we sign one.

We will have Gerrard, Sneijder, Allen and Hendo competing for 2 spots, which will improve the squad immensely since top class footballers thrive on competition for the spot. They will make sure to give 100% every single time they play. Example Hendo's recent form.

Gerrard may need to rest here now and then - he is not getting younger. An injury to anyone can happen. We will have cup games and at times 3 games in a week. We will have adequate depth filled with quality.

A squad of Lucas,Gerrard,Allen,Hendo,Sneijder and a DM cover is definitely a top 4 midfield and even a title winning midfield if i dare say.

When we talk about Sneijder we have in mind his best moves and games, still he maybe isn't capable to produce that anymore. But we are willing to risk and give him a 110k wage, more that Suarez have.
Yes Sneijder class is well known but his form is at least questionable. What is the reason Inter don't want him and why he isn't play there regulary?
Its already covered in the previous pages by our fellow posters - may i request you to read some of the back pages.

Agree whether Sneijder will be able to adapt and perform at the highest is a question. But every single transfer is a risk and some times you need to take that.

And he is(was 2 years ago) a world class player. World class players, in my opinion should be capable of adapting to any league.

We gave Sahin 90k per week. We will be giving Sneijder 100-120 k per week. How much difference is there in the wages?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Pretty simple - they signed him to a Ronaldo/Messi type of contract, and they simply cannot afford it with Serie A revenues. So they tried to force him to renegotiate the same money over 2 more seasons, and when he refused, Inter's management told the manager not to play him. He was solid in the few games at the start of the season(2 goals and 3 assists in 5 games as I recall)

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
starting to wonder, seeing Hendo's form of late, if the arrival of anyone in order to fll the vacant number ten shirt wouldn't hinder his progress, and go as far as pushing the Shelvey's and Suso's away from the club...well, that's a too big "if" anyway.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Learning from a world-class talent like Sneijder would only benefit the likes of Hendo and Suso over the long term.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson and Allen for the two deeper roles, most top clubs in England with European aspiriations have five options for that area.

Sneijder, Suso and Shelvey for attacking midfield is about right although Suso or Shelvey could be loaned out for playing time.

I still maintain we need a top class number ten to be starting and a more defensive minded, physically imposing, central midfield option. Although that player needs to be a passer as well for our style of play.

Sneijder now and the rumours of Strootman in the summer would give us the best put together midfield around.

The options, depth and quality we would have for those three positions would set us apart as something special.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
starting to wonder, seeing Hendo's form of late, if the arrival of anyone in order to fll the vacant number ten shirt wouldn't hinder his progress, and go as far as pushing the Shelvey's and Suso's away from the club...well, that's a too big "if" anyway.
Hendo, and especially Suso, are still learning their trade but Sneijder is a classic example of the finished article, and we need more of those at the club for sure. Working with him every day in training and playing alongside him would greatly benefit them I'd hazard a guess. I was incredulous when these rumours about Sneijder first began and I still think his salary will be the sticking point but wouldn't it be great if he actually came here?

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
One of our fellow TIA poster posted that Strootman is a deep play maker in Alonso type. I am not sure whether he is a physical DM. Any one seen him played can tell us please?

Drian

TIA Youth Team
Hendo has played as a LAM against Norwich with Johnosn running alongside him on the left side. Suarez was behind Sudge and Downing on the right. Sneijder would give us great options. He could play deeper alongside Lucas or Allen or in his favoered position behind Studge as a No10. Suarez can play on either side of him with Downing, Hendo or Sterling on the other and Borini is the backup for Sturridge. This seems pretty good for me ;)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
One of our fellow TIA poster posted that Strootman is a deep play maker in Alonso type. I am not sure whether he is a physical DM. Any one seen him played can tell us please?
Have my impressions (Souness/Keane style aggressive physical player) but as not an expert on Eredivisie maybe better if Miklo or CardiffPete give better answer than I could hope to.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Quotes from Tancredi/ sky Italia suggesting that Wes is trying to stay at Inter..

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Sigh. Hope we get some good number 10 in summer. Could it be a plot to make us increase our wage/joining bonus and Inter to increase their severance package?

Status
Not open for further replies.