• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

What’s your second favourite Liverpool chant ?

What’s your second favourite LFC song ?

• Total voters

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Yes, the Torres song should be in there.

So many great songs these days. 'There's something that the Kop want you to know' is the best first line of any Liverpool song ever but my favourite is 'Allez, Allez, Allez'. The words aren't great but it sounds incredible in the ground. It's the one everyone joins in with. The tourists, the old fuckers sat there with their blankets over their knees, the kids and, of course, hard core bastards like me.

When all four sides of the ground are going, as often happened last season in the run-in, and because it's a difficult song for everyone to sing in time (everyone's rushing to get to the bit when they can swing their scarves above their head) it creates an echoing effect. The delayed 'We've won the fucking lot' going round the ground is spine-tingling. It's like a hymn with swearing in it. Beautiful.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
As @Billy Biskix has said - there's something about Allez allez allez - its like a mantra. Such a nice hum to it - I'm sure I hum it all the time.

We have so many songs/chants which makes our club so special - currently love Si Señor, but also love the Gini chant, BOTH Mane songs especially the "Here the Kopites sing....", VVD, and the Salah song too.

So many clubs seem to have only 2 songs. And one of them may be there version of the Ste Gerrard song or Allez Allez - which they can't really sing anymore!

My playlist of Liverpool songs has 22 on it.... and there are so many more!

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I have a soft for the Agger song. Torres was one of my favorites. Went for the Gerratd song.

While not a liverpool song, hearing Anfield singing happy birthday to Kenny was one of the most beautiful performances I can remember.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
As @Billy Biskix has said - there's something about Allez allez allez - its like a mantra. Such a nice hum to it - I'm sure I hum it all the time.

We have so many songs/chants which makes our club so special - currently love Si Señor, but also love the Gini chant, BOTH Mane songs especially the "Here the Kopites sing....", VVD, and the Salah song too.

So many clubs seem to have only 2 songs. And one of them may be there version of the Ste Gerrard song or Allez Allez - which they can't really sing anymore!

My playlist of Liverpool songs has 22 on it.... and there are so many more!
Allez Allez Allez for me, its the first song I’ve been part of it growing as an anthem v’s learning it from history. Also was so important in no.6 and the first football song I sang with my son! I hear that and think of only good memories gained first hand.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
At the moment it is Allez, Allez, Allez, it such a lively song which brings everyone together and it gets everyone off their seats dancing and swinging together.
Have always liked 'Fields of Anfield Road', its like heartfelt hymn. It is a close second.

I think our Liverpool songs and chants are well crafted and a joy to sing along.

Last edited:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Close call between:

Fields of Anfield Road.
Poor Scouser Tommy.
Every other Saturday.

By far my favourites. Good melodies, great words, humour, change of tempo. Amazing to sing it once it gets going somewhere and you experience it live. FOAR probably shades it, it's just classic, especially when they all join in (as not everybody knows the other two) and it's loud.

Player's songs are a level below that stuff for me. Loved some, loved some less than others. But love the fact that we have plenty. Luis Garcia par example, that sort of thing will remain with him and his family for the rest of his life. Original. Memories.

Last edited:

Incognito

The Normal One
Top 5
1. Si Senor
2. Fields of Anfield road
3. Allez allez allez
4. Virgil van dijk
5. Torres bounce

I just remembered we had a song for Rodgers that went 'built a team like shankly did and kids will have a story' o_O

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
We really need a Mane song
That Irish bloke on YouTube made up a great catchy Mané song and got a wall of abuse for doing so. A really interesting insight into how songs evolve and become accepted. If it had just appeared on the kop one day I suspect it would be in the poll above by now. There’s a great phd to be written about football songs and the creative process behind them.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Is it wrong for a non-Scouser, a foreigner to love Poor Scouser Tommy? It's been a favourite of mine since I was a teenager, it's a fantastic song that's been doing the rounds more frequently during the last three seasons. I dream of singing it along the full Kop.

Also, O, Campione - another dream of mine, lifting the league title and belting that one out alongside hundreds of thousands of Liverpudlians during some trophy parade.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I kind of miss
in the poll and hopefully after the new year we’ll be more than confident enough to sing
again.
Great videos. Thanks. We are Liverpool is in the poll. I didn’t go for were gonna win the league as it’s pretty generic to most clubs. Tried to focus on songs that are specific to us. Thanks again.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Fields of Anfield Road gave me chills. I confess to actually shedding a tear when YNWA played and I was sat front of the Kop for the Huddersfield game. not that anyone was looking. (y)

YNWA has been a lullaby I've sung to my son since he was born, still puts him to sleep on command :)