• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

What’s your second favourite Liverpool chant ?

What’s your second favourite LFC song ?

• Total voters

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
100% Poor Scouser Tommy,for me the greatest football song (apart from YNWA) ever,deffo not sang enough.

Love this too - felt fantastic when I finally mastered this song and thought of it as a badge of honour when I just belted out the words -esp in a Manc Landlord pub after Owen had helped scupper them winning the title in 1998 and he wasn't amused lol

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
Haven't heard this one in a while,
shame, as its a classic........

she loves you yeah, yeah, yeah....
Spine tingling - it just takes you there. Brilliant. Brilliant. Just as part of the fabric of our club like worshipping our legendary managers, like Shankly, Paisley and Klopp.

Alright Now

Fields of Anfield Road is the most unique song in football. It should be sung first to message our glorious past. Poor Scouser Tommy is our greatest ballad and should be sung fast and furiously right after. Maybe twice. Si Señor is our most joyous song and should be sung the rest of the time non-stop until we’ve drowned in its fun. Most people say I sing them all very well. In fact, my wife secretly recorded me singing to the YouTube of Poor Scouser Tommy last week and sent it to my daughter who just left for college saying, “You’re not missing much.”

Last edited:

Sweeting

Poor Scouser Tommy.

When you get a group together who know all the words it is a great song. Sometimes it is tough to get through the whole thing in Anfield though as just not enough people know it start to finish.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Poor Scouser Tommy.

When you get a group together who know all the words it is a great song. Sometimes it is tough to get through the whole thing in Anfield though as just not enough people know it start to finish.

At Anfield it's sung at different tempos by different parts of the ground. I sit in the main stand upper near the Kop. We'll be singing along to PST and be singing one line while the Kop is a line or two ahead. From the line "Oh, I am a Liverpudlian" it speeds up and that's when it goes to cock. IMO it'd be better to keep the same tempo right the way through.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I'm a stickler for the classics so I have had to go for the fields of Anfield road. It's a great song to singalong, easy to learn as well.
It’s neck and neck with Allez Allez but I think your vote has pushed it ahead. Scouser Tommy trailing by a mile which is a surprise.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
That Irish bloke on YouTube made up a great catchy Mané song and got a wall of abuse for doing so. A really interesting insight into how songs evolve and become accepted. If it had just appeared on the kop one day I suspect it would be in the poll above by now. There’s a great phd to be written about football songs and the creative process behind them.
Haha, I sing a Mane song with the supports club out here in the states, it's basically just Sa sa Sadio to the tune of Sussudio. It has not caught on. I quite enjoy it though. I know it's dumb but I find it amusing.

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
I wouldn't say it's my favourite, but I always loved the Maxi song. I've since learned that I asked Santa for the Heartbeat theme on cassette when I got my first Walkman around 6 years old, so maybe that's something to do with it.

epsomred

Ad-free Member
Haha, I sing a Mane song with the supports club out here in the states, it's basically just Sa sa Sadio to the tune of Sussudio. It has not caught on. I quite enjoy it though. I know it's dumb but I find it amusing.
Hopefully that makes its way over here at some point. Probably needs some UK fans to go on a pre season tour.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Can someone write down a complete list with all current chants (not the player specific ones).

Commando

Ad-free Member
Can someone write down a complete list with all current chants (not the player specific ones).

I'll start
Liverpool, Liverpool,
Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool,
Oh, Andy, Andy, Andy,........Andy, Andy, Andy,Andy Robertson

Sorry about the Andy Robbo one,

But I am a left back and half Scot so.

Last edited:

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Fields of Anfield Road, closely followed by Poor Scouser Tommy.

Personally think that player chants should be shelved when the player leaves or departs, which includes the Gerrard song, Luis Garcia, the Torres bounce (the best player song we've had) and any others.

epsomred

Ad-free Member
Fields of Anfield Road, closely followed by Poor Scouser Tommy.

Personally think that player chants should be shelved when the player leaves or departs, which includes the Gerrard song, Luis Garcia, the Torres bounce (the best player song we've had) and any others.
No votes for the Suarez or Garcia song. Maybe your sentiment is widely shared.