Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (State Your Answer Below)

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
None yet.... and there should be an option to pick nobody.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
None yet.... and there should be an option to pick nobody.
If you don't have a favorite player, just don't vote. You can still explain your rationale via a post.

I am curious as to your reasons for why you don't have a favorite Liverpool player.

[email protected]

Strangely, I also don't have a favourite. As much as I love this team and group as much as any before in my time and the hope is burning away, I don't have a favourite. Could just be I've outgrown a poster boy image but I also feel that the Club has overcome the reliance on one or two players that drives that favourite tag, if that makes sense.

We're no longer playing specifically for an Owen to nick a goal or waiting for a Gerrard to carry us through by sheer will, for example. This squad is far more of a team than individualistic so I guess that reflects in the stature of the team going up even more for me. That said, I always feel so much better when Bobby contributes partly because of how criminally underrated he has been.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Strangely, I also don't have a favourite. As much as I love this team and group as much as any before in my time and the hope is burning away, I don't have a favourite. Could just be I've outgrown a poster boy image but I also feel that the Club has overcome the reliance on one or two players that drives that favourite tag, if that makes sense.

We're no longer playing specifically for an Owen to nick a goal or waiting for a Gerrard to carry us through by sheer will, for example. This squad is far more of a team than individualistic so I guess that reflects in the stature of the team going up even more for me. That said, I always feel so much better when Bobby contributes partly because of how criminally underrated he has been.
Well said. I can understand that perspective.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I happen to feel fondly about a lot of Liverpool players, so I'm not devaluing anyone by expressing that I have a favorite.

The player I most enjoy watching is Sadio Mane. I think he is supremely gifted athletically and has an approaching graceful approach to his style of play. His speed is electric. And his disposition is cool and collected, which I appreciate.

I think that Naby is the player that has the potential to surpass Mane in my estimation. I think he could be the best player at the club by the end of this season. I enjoy watching him play.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Came into the thread to say basically the same as Wyld.

What I would also add to that is that I don't know whether it's age or simply that I've become more cynical after becoming deeply attached to the likes of Torres and Suarez and feeling devastated when they left, but with any of our best players now as much as I like them there's the knowledge that they're quite likely to end up going in the same manner sooner or later so find myself not becoming so attached. Even Phil leaving didn't bother me as much by then. For the past few seasons my mindset has been very much more the 'enjoy them while they're here, but don't get carried away' kind.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I was hesitant to vote at first, as I generally take the view that it is a team game, so for the team to do well, everyone must play their part.

Then I thought, fuck it, I'll give my vote to Moreno just because you left the poor bastard off the option list lol

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I just deleted a drunk post. Hopefully nobody quoted it first.

If it's this season, it's too early. But I bought the toxic orange Firmino jersey last year, first one since Coutinho and was Gerrard before him.

Abdel

Always liked players in the mould of Bergkamp , Litmanen or Laudrup , so my logical favorite player in the team is Bobby , he is their worthy and only successor in the world football right now .

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
It’s a good poll, but I’m finding it very difficult.

I’ve gone through the 1st 11 of this season so far, and so many are so good to watch...

Vvd is just class and the leader we’ve been lacking for so long.

Trent is gifted and young, pretty much opposite of me.

Robbo - not sure what to say, but he just feels perfect in our team.

Naby looks classy and energetic already.

Gini has his genie moments and does loads off the ball - more evident when I watch him from the stands.

The front 3 all have something different about them, and I don’t understand how they all move together - quite frightening to watch at times. All 3 get me off my seat at least once every time I see them (that’s if I’m not standing anyway)!

So not sure who to pick.

Probably Klopp.

Show me the Mane

I'm not sure I have a favourite player as such from this crop.
I voted Salah because he is the one that can deliver that bit of magic and the one that if he is not playing I would miss the most
However, I have spells for a week or two when it could be Gini, Robbo, Trent, Van Dijk. Hey even Lovren at times gets me. Think Shaqiri will have a run in the team and be my fav for five minutes too.

As @Flobs had said a big hand has to be given to Henderson for his attitude, and mention has to be made about our front three amigos, but my player without any shadow of doubt has to be VVD. To look at our defence from before he came to now has been a remarkable change. From looking as though we would leak goals whenever teams attacked to the solid back line we have now is all down to our Dutch monster. So it's Virgil Van Dijk for me.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Virgil.

I love this man.

He should be our captain. He's a magnificent player, and a bloody handsome bastard aswell. I am very happy being me but if I could be someone else it would be this guy. I'm bloody jealous of him.

He's got the lot hasn't he?

Looks. Loaded. Plays for LFC. Tall. Lovely missus. Cool geezer.

What a life this man has. If I were a woman I would seriously want his babies.

Salahmi

My last favourite player was Xabi Alonso, I too find it difficult to pick any one favourite player these days. As it stands now this is my favourite team/squad of players since I was about 6/7 years old when rush and Beardsley were around

Milner's my favorite, but, being the unfaithful type, I've developed a side crush on Alisson Becker.
Yes a goalkeeper with technical ability and eccentricity is very 'sexy' (for want of a better word). :-)
Just seeing catching a ball cleanly gets a cheer out of me as we have seen that so rarely for some time (Reina?).