Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (State Your Answer Below)

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
I stopped having favourites a few years ago but this squad is fashioned in the image of the manager and is full of genuinely likeable players. A few years back I wrote on here about an irrational dislike I'd developed of James Milner. He seemed to epitomise everything that was wrong with the squad BR left behind. How wrong was I? An absolutely top bloke as well as player.

Last edited:

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Cant think any particular player as been my favourite, which is probably a good thing,
as in previous years we had Gerrard, Torres and Suarez who definitely stood out,
and got all the headlines and were perhaps the fan favourites for this.

But at the moment, I think we now a group of players who work for each other and compliment 1 another perfectly.

Long may it continue.

JoseM4

I stopped having favourites a few years ago but this squad is fashioned in the image of the manager and is full of genuinely likeable players. A few years back I wrote on here about an irrational dislike I'd developed of James Milner. He seemed to epitomise everything that was wrong with the squad BR left behind. How wrong was I? An absolutely top bloke as well as player.
I too felt the game passed by Milner; I thought he was too slow. I'm pleased he proved me wrong.

Commando

It’s so hard to pick out a favourite from such a likeable set of fellas. I went for Robbo though as LB has always been my position.

GermanRed

All time: Steven Gerrard

Foreign favorites: Alonso (the only former player i want to be Liverpool Manager in the future), Suarez, Agger, Kuyt

Soon potentially: TAA (my choice for the next vice captain if Milner leaves), VvD (the effect his arrival had on our backline to me more important than Salah to our attack)

Chewbazza

True Believer
Mane and Salah and Robertson.

For the poll I'll go for Mané because he's been here longest, but I can see Robertson outstaying the other two and being one of my favourite players ever.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Mane and Salah and Robertson.

For the poll I'll go for Mané because he's been here longest, but I can see Robertson outstaying the other two and being one of my favourite players ever.
Dammit, forgot Hendo and Gini, but i'll still stick with Mané

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I honestly don't know.

As others have said, this team is more than others a reflection of team spirit and doing things together. It's not about individuals anymore, long may it continue. But looking at this team, there are so many players who could be my favourite right now. The special front three for their talent, for the joy they bring to our football. Captain Hendo for his unwavering fighting spirit and leadership (totally underrated among the fans), Keita who is rapidly morphing into a frightening new unit for us, the rock VVD at the back, the maverick Robertson, our local lad TAA, the new goalie... it's tough to pick one from this lot, and that is without citing Lallana, Gini, Gomez, Shaqiri, Fabinho...

But in that vote, as there is only one to chose from, I'll go with Milner. He has been nothing short of sensational for us. Bringing him in is something which Rodgers, for all his well-documented flaws, got 100% right at the time (Klopp was needed to bring the very best out of him, but still).

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I don't like picking favourites but you do get drawn to certain players

Out of the current crop and tbh there a quite a few

VDD (never thought I'd be saying I like VD)
Robertson
Milner
TAA
Salah.
mane.

Going through the ages of my being a liverpool

dalglish
Sourness
Hansen
Molby
Barnes
Whelan
Aldridge
McMannaman
Hamman
Alonso
Agger
Suarez
But my alltime favourite is Fowler

Never really ever warmed enough to Gerrard or carragher. Get players and we owe them a lot but never my favorite in their eras for me

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
Kevin Keegan (how can you leave us, so irreplaceable??)
The King (replaced with knobs on!)
Rushie (so many goals, such a great 'tache)
God (the little scally!)
Johnny Barnes (such class!)
Michael Owen (before he defected obviously)
Stevie G (dragged so many teams along!)
Xabi Alonso (just give him the ball!)
Torres (mostly for the hilarious Vidic moments!)

Now I have no particular fav's, maybe lost the need to attach when they will be off after a few years (damn you Torres for deserting us!)
Probably most like Jurgen!

King Kenny without a shadow of a doubt

Of the present squad... Sadio Mane.

I'm new here on this website, so please don't shoot me down too much.... but I was thinking of a chant for Sadio.....

To the tune of Queen's Radio Gaga...... "All we need is <clap clap> Sadio Mane, <clap clap> Sadio Mane, <clap clap> Sadio Mane <clap clap>"

soberphobia

Joe Gomez is morphing into my favourite player. He still isn't perfect but he is just such an amazing talent. Don't know how good he will actually end up. His flaws are not that hard to iron out but his gifts are something that can't be taught.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I went for Andy Robertson but it could have been Milner.

I tend to go for defenders mind as a Goalkeeper even in our MOTM's on a saturday afternoon. I may have picked Allison but it's far too early, both Robertson and Milner show what I absolutely love in a player, always working, never sulking. Typical Liverpool type players of a bygone era.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Virgil.

I love this man.

He should be our captain. He's a magnificent player, and a bloody handsome bastard aswell. I am very happy being me but if I could be someone else it would be this guy. I'm bloody jealous of him.

He's got the lot hasn't he?

Looks. Loaded. Plays for LFC. Tall. Lovely missus. Cool geezer.

What a life this man has. If I were a woman I would seriously want his babies.
I believe there are surgical procedures that can fix that. lol

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Tight one - I voted VVD - he's the best CB I've seen play for Liverpool.

Close second is Bobby - the engine of the team, maybe misfiring a touch now, but I love his workrate, skills, smile, and celebrations.
VVD is definitely probably just (potentially) a fraction behind Alan Hansen as the best CB we've had in my lifetime as a Liverpool fan.

Red Ted

Don't do favourites but the player I'm most pleased with & relieved to see playing for us is Becker, the goalkeeping situation has been an inexcusable frustrating shit show for years culminating in that nightmare, he's not been perfect but he's a big improvement already & can only see him getting better.

Van Dijk wouldn't be far behind for some similar reasons.

nobluff

TIA Reserve Team
Argh, thought this was all time, which would be Robbie Fowler, closely followed by John Barnes.

Currently Virgil. I feel strange selecting a defender as I prefer the attacking player's, which goes so show me personally how amazing he is.

RedinAsia

Before Virgil eventually arrived there were many on this forum doubting his ability and price. I was never in any doubt about the positive effect he would have, and I'm so chuffed he hasn't let me down. He's an inspirational leader. He must be good if he's turned Lovren into the best defender in the world!

Commando

Argh, thought this was all time, which would be Robbie Fowler, closely followed by John Barnes.

Currently Virgil. I feel strange selecting a defender as I prefer the attacking player's, which goes so show me personally how amazing he is.
Not wishing to go off topic but, if it were all time I'd have to replace my choice Robbo with Joey Jones. Whenever he turned out in a Liverpool shirt he always looked like a fella who'd won a raffle prize to do just that.

Kirsty.89

It’s hard to narrow it down to one when we have such a great mix of players in different areas, it’s Salah for me just because of the impact he has. For years we’ve been regarded as a “one man team” so it’s nice to see we now have a team of equally great players!

Red over the water

I picked Van Dijk, but there could be several, for different reasons. I like Van Dijk because he is such a good player, and he is also a leader. I think we will see that come to the fore more and more in seasons to come. The difference to the side before/after signing Van Dijk is stark.

Others under consideration, in no particular order:

Robertson. Bargain. Fast. Great stamina. Down to earth Scot. The one man gegenpress he did against Man City. The kick he gave Neymar. The everyday sort of bloke he is by talking about how he was skint not that long ago. He could easily have got the nod.

Firmino was under consideration too. He is the cool kid and when he's on, he is so good, but strangely under appreciated by much of the wider football world. Mind you, something doesn't seem right this season. Hopefully it will pass soon and he will be back to normal.

Mane plays with joy and I love that about him.

TAA is a local youngster, and as such an inspiration to others to work hard and try to follow suit.

Salah for all the goal, and also for being humble with it.

So, it could have been one of several, but I opted for Van Dijk. Mind you, for some reason this week I've got a soft spot for Divock Origi...

Red Eyes

I picked Van Dijk, but there could be several
hard to disagree with any of that, but for largely similar reasons I have to go with Alisson. The stability at the back compared to previous season is chalk and cheese. Alongside VVD, Alisson provides a composure, strength and confidence that we have lacked for years. I feel Alisson and VVD will both be huge for the development of TAA and Gomez over coming seasons, adding in Robertson our defensive unit is arguably the strongest area of the pitch now. Close call but Alisson got my nod over Vigil as his arrival was exactly what we needed to exorcise the goalkeeping demons of the CL final. Instead of worrying about that position, defenders can now look forward and express themselves rather, rather than looking nervously over their shoulder

Red over the water

Good shout on Alisson. I knew we had a good ‘un when we signed him, but in just the short amount of time he’s been in goal for us so far he has been very impressive. Least Prem goals conceded, most clean sheets, highest % of shots saved - all or most of the the measurable stats have him out in front. In addition to that there’s the added authority. This is manifest in the way he plays and the effect that has on he back line, and even interpersonally, such as the ‘hug’ he gave to Jordan Pickford after the Everton game.

That hug could be interpreted in numerous ways. Goalkeepers union, tough luck on the mistake. That was part of it. But the way Alisson pulled Pickford in, almost in a headlock sort of way, had another couple of layers to it. Don’t you dare comment about me to the press ever again! I think that was part of it. And then a more general sort of thing that said “I’m the boss” was also implied.

Anyhow, great shout on Alisson.