• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who is your favorite Liverpool player?

Who is your favorite Liverpool player?

• Mohamed Salah

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Sadio Mane

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Roberto Firmino

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • Naby Keita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • James Milner

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Georginio Wijnaldum

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

• Fabinho

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Andrew Robertson

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Virgil van Dijk

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • Joe Gomez

• Alisson Becker

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Dejan Lovren

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Xherdan Shaqiri

• Daniel Sturridge

• Nathaniel Clyne

• Adam Lallana

• Other (State Your Answer Below)

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters

yiannos33

Believe
Based on the last game I’ll go for Shaq,the previews game was Salah, the game before that was Allison,and the game before that was Virgil,sometimes Bobby is my favourite other times Mane,Robo,TAA,Milner,game Against Everton was
Origi.
But there’s only one team since 1979. LFC till I die.

Nur der BvB09

Imo Mane is quite Special Robo und Milli are beasts Salah is the egyptian king Bobby is unique and wonderfull China town was build by the Attributes of big Virgil Alisson B is one of the best in world Football Goalie Right now and so on.
I remember a couple of days before reading in bayernfan Forums that once they realised they ve been in the last 16 against us one posted;
Feck me LFC are the Borussia Dortmund of 2012(unstopabel) the only difference now this Team(LFC) are in Steroids!

Sussex Red

VVD narrowly, but it could’ve been one of many. A colossus of a defender, pace, he can play and has everything in his game.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Current Robbo (changed from Firmino)
Past Barnes

Different ends of the spectrum!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Current - none
All time - too many. Rush, Fowler, Gerrard, Hansen, Alonso, Hamann, Hyypia, Agger.. yeah too many.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Not the BEST player but my favourite from the present squad. - Trent

The BEST and my all time favourite - Kenny Dalglish

As @lfc.eddie says previously, there are so many to choose from for example

Players from 60's & 70's

Lawrence
Smith
Hughes
Thompson (Phil)
Byrne
Callaghan
Thompson (Peter)
Cormack
McDermott
Heighway
Johnson

Players that are known and loved but not always considered when we think of our greats !

DKLFC fan

Kenny is my all time favorite

but in the current squad it has to be Robertson , been an absolute joy to see him rise as player

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Present- Bobby Firmino.
All time-King Kenny.
Robbie Fowler needs a mention too.
Best player I ever saw in the flesh was John Barnes. He literally left me speechless. I saw Kenny several times when I was very young and didn't realise how special it was because I was a kid. When Kenny was re-appointed manager I shed tears. The King and Digger would walk into todays team good and all as the front three are.

Last edited:

Zico Nealy

It’s a tough call. I love it when a youngster has a real breakthrough season, like Gomez and TAA. Robertson and Becker have been excellent, as has VVD and Shaq. You know what, I’m gonna give it to the twelfth man. The Kop has been excellent this season, staying calm, singing passionately and digging in behind the team. Traveling Kop especially. Okay, that’s a crap vote I know but hey

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Like many of the old farts here, I don't have a favorite since Gerrard left. I like them all when they play for the club, but I am no longer attached to them, as I have learned they are not attached to the club.
I have grown as a supporter, basking in the warmth of Rush, Carra, Gerrard and of course the Kenny. These players were my favorite, because I and all my fellow supporters were, and still are, their favorite.

MoJesusSalah

Like many of the old farts here, I don't have a favorite since Gerrard left. I like them all when they play for the club, but I am no longer attached to them, as I have learned they are not attached to the club.......
How did you learn that they are not attached to the club?? :think:

shachart

Because they left and did not return.
I am not accusing them, not even close. Some were sold or released because the club did not want to keep them. Others got better offers from "bigger" clubs were they dreamed of playing since they were kids.
Take Rush, Kenny, Fowler, even when they left the club to play someone else, they returned to Liverpool. It is hard to put it in words, but in some sort of wierd way - they never left.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Alexander-Arnold and to a certain extent Joe Gomez and Robertson would probably have certain affinity to the club because of their nationality and for the case of our fullback, born and bred. Others are just here because of the manager, and plays for the club because they worked well with the manager. So the attachment between these players and the club is rather loose, tied together by one, though very significant string, but nonetheless one string - the manager. He has a due date, and when that due date comes, things change very quickly. Maybe those 3 names I mentioned may stick around because they might feel super proud wearing our kit, but the rest will move on if there is a big offer come their way.

shachart

Alexander-Arnold and to a certain extent Joe Gomez and Robertson would probably have certain affinity to the club because of their nationality and for the case of our fullback, born and bred. Others are just here because of the manager, and plays for the club because they worked well with the manager. So the attachment between these players and the club is rather loose, tied together by one, though very significant string, but nonetheless one string - the manager. He has a due date, and when that due date comes, things change very quickly. Maybe those 3 names I mentioned may stick around because they might feel super proud wearing our kit, but the rest will move on if there is a big offer come their way.
I would add that players, while they give their all to the club while they play for it, regardless of manager, when they leave ( for whatever reason ) they wont look back, nor will they return. I have a sneeking suspucion that Lucas will return to the city and the club.

MoJesusSalah

In a nutshell, you either want Liverpool to be a world class club or not.
Look for example at Real Madrid and Barca. These clubs became who they are today with avid followers from all over the world because they opened their doors and hearts to players from allover the planet. In fact, that might be the main reason why many players are willing to leave Liverpool because it is just not there yet, it is still looked at as a local club. However, I can this state shifting in the next couple years, wining the Champions League is crucial though.