• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Who will be our next Captain?

kylel39

Never bite the hand that feed's you.......Luis
Now now, Kyle, you should know better to draw comparisons like that.... :)
Not drawing comparisons mate, just pointing out that everyone loves it when Lucas clatters his way through a challenge and the bigger the better in the respect :) Get's the crowd onside, everyone loves a good tackle.

WobblyWilly

TIA New Signing
I think everything depends on who the manager is at the time.

I would like Skyrtel or Agger...

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Pepe Suarez agger lucas kelly.

In that order.

Why do you think that Luis Suarez would make a good captain? I love the guy but I wouldn't have him as captain, he's far too emotional to be the skipper. His english isn't even good enough to communicate well enough yet and he does not have a good relationship with opposing players, managers and most importantly, referees.

All Kelly has going for him is that he's a local lad but he isn't a first choice player and might never be so I wouldn't have him yet though if he does become a regular first 11 and undroppable player than he would be considered.

For me its Lucas first then either Pepe or Agger.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Why do you think that Luis Suarez would make a good captain? I love the guy but I wouldn't have him as captain, he's far too emotional to be the skipper. His english isn't even good enough to communicate well enough yet and he does not have a good relationship with opposing players, managers and most importantly, referees.

All Kelly has going for him is that he's a local lad but he isn't a first choice player and might never be so I wouldn't have him yet though if he does become a regular first 11 and undroppable player than he would be considered.

Dont disagree with most of your points but Kelly is a starter.

Under Rodgers if everybody was fit his first choice would be Kelly RB and Johnson LB.

In fact I dont think Rodgers is getting enough credit for improving us defensively during the season whilst he has had to cope with injuries to Johnson, Agger, Skrtel and Reina and long term injuries to Kelly and Lucas.

Thats all of our starting 11 defensive unit missing game time at some point already sometimes fair few of them at once.

Sorry went off topic there.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member

1.Gifted
2.Energetic
3.Born Winner
4.Selfless
5.Motivated
6.Never say die attitude
7.Saracstic wit
8.Fighter
9.Goal scorer
10.Doesnt give a shit about other team player/manager comments
I could go on describing his attributes...

I dont understand why language makes a difference. Probably most of our team speak bits and pieces of spanish.
Heck, i would prefer suarez gave interview in his native tounge just to piss of the reporters.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
Read Rodger's interviews ...and it's Lucas all the way. No other player gets anywhere near the same mentions or the same praise from him. That's also without him virtually even playing under Rodgers. He would still need to perform consistently going forward of course and also always make Starting XI, a factor complicated by a year out and some very serious injuries.

Within the next year or two though, Lucas should be captaining LFC. Maybe depends a little bit on Rodgers still being the manager ...but I would doubt that any future manager would think otherwise.

WobblyWilly

TIA New Signing
Shelvey is growing into an anchor role now and watching him last night I could see that he has definite leadership potential.

Still a little impetuous, he does however have the passion and belief, so I'm adding him as a very real captain of the future...

Artrain

Doesn't Skrtel take captain's armband in absence of Gerrard and Carra and Pepe? It would either be him or Suarez. Reina... I wonder if he is going to remain first choice for long.

Shelvey is growing into an anchor role now and watching him last night I could see that he has definite leadership potential.

Still a little impetuous, he does however have the passion and belief, so I'm adding him as a very real captain of the future...
Hmm, maybe. Although I feel Henderson has much better organizational skills. He's already captain of England U21s no?

WobblyWilly

TIA New Signing
You mean he's got previous...?? Heh heh.

I must be honest, I don't like Henderson as a player, so I guess I'm a little biased. He certainly doesn't lack confidence...

Verbal80

Present pairing: Gerrard - lead by example. Carragher - vocal
Future pairing: Lucas - lead by example. Agger - vocal

Simples