Who would you buy?

Jayus20

Honestly I think my ideal summer would be (assuming we have plenty to spend) get the Alisson and Jorginho transfers out the way before the World Cup, sending £55m to Roma and £50m to Napoli to get the deals over the line. Then while the World Cup is on, speak to Ajax and Dortmund about De Ligt and Pulisic to get those done before the World Cup finishes so we can have as much pre season as possible to get the team to gel! Failing those then we go in for very good replacements like Lemar and Pavard after the World Cup or once their respective nationalities are knocked out! Simple eh :’)

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Why not this fella? I think I have posted about this guy before... but why not? Hirving Lozano, I really think this fella fits English game like a glove. Great right foot as well. He's got tenacity to go with his skills...

Last edited:
Same here - and I thank God for that! It's nice to know there aren't (many) players from bottom half sides who would improve your squad, let alone your starting XI. I admire Zaha's ability and the way he came through his early troubles but I don't think he's the kind of winger Liverpool should sign. First of all, he'd cost a bomb, then he's a player who needs to play constantly to maintain rhythm, as Klopp likes to say, he's not the best when it comes to defensive part of the game and he's more of your natural wide man who likes to drive fullbacks crazy but doesn't score as much as he should. Maybe his numbers would go up if he joined a club like Liverpool but I don't see him joining a club where he would sit on the bench.
Lemina is a lot better wijnaldum in every area,just need him for squad depth (its all about improving what we have that’s why we’re interested in Jorginho and we got keita)and for zaha don’t buy him unless palace get relegated cause it will be a lot cheaper and according to salah stats he doesn’t make to many tackles or interceptions but he puts pressure on the defence like zaha did to ours,I agree he would need rhythm so that’s why I would prefer a draxler cause he get minimal game time and still get goals and assists

Honestly I think my ideal summer would be (assuming we have plenty to spend) get the Alisson and Jorginho transfers out the way before the World Cup, sending £55m to Roma and £50m to Napoli to get the deals over the line. Then while the World Cup is on, speak to Ajax and Dortmund about De Ligt and Pulisic to get those done before the World Cup finishes so we can have as much pre season as possible to get the team to gel! Failing those then we go in for very good replacements like Lemar and Pavard after the World Cup or once their respective nationalities are knocked out! Simple eh :’)
Just saying it will cost a lot more than 50 for Jorginho,would be more in between 60-75 mill

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Lemina is a lot better wijnaldum in every area,just need him for squad depth (its all about improving what we have that’s why we’re interested in Jorginho and we got keita)and for zaha don’t buy him unless palace get relegated cause it will be a lot cheaper and according to salah stats he doesn’t make to many tackles or interceptions but he puts pressure on the defence like zaha did to ours,I agree he would need rhythm so that’s why I would prefer a draxler cause he get minimal game time and still get goals and assists
Draxler would get at least the same number of games as Wijnaldum or Milner. Both can only play in CM while Draxler can play in CM and LW in our current formation.

Just saying it will cost a lot more than 50 for Jorginho,would be more in between 60-75 mill
I think there has to be a release clause and I think I read something about that already. £50m approx

Jayus20

Well £50m is what has been touted for him. I don’t see anyone paying £60m-£75m for him.
He’s good, not that amount good. £75m is the sort of ball park figure I’d expect for Thiago or Verratti not Jorginho.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I can't see Jurgen getting in more than two or three players in the summer and he will have a sum of money in his head that he's prepared to pay for them. He's not a manager who throws money about, but is very careful in what he spends. If the selling club are asking too much for their player Jurgen will just step away.

NYRhockey

I can't see Jurgen getting in more than two or three players in the summer and he will have a sum of money in his head that he's prepared to pay for them. He's not a manager who throws money about, but is very careful in what he spends. If the selling club are asking too much for their player Jurgen will just step away.
Two or three is all we need, so i'd be ecstatic if that's what Jurgen gets us this summer.

waynejones31

TIA Youth Team
Think we Genuinely need 6 signings to actually start competing for the major honours on a regular basis . I dont believe all six need to be automatic starters to improve the team , but they need to be players on the up who will put pressure on the guys wearing the shirt . Additionally, we need greater squad depth so that we may rest players when required .

I believe we need a GK, CB, LB, DM, LW & CF

I would go for a New Keeper- dont know who but we appear to have targeted Allison or Butland

CB - one of Upcamecano , Pavard , or Lenglet

LB Ryan Sessegnon

DM - Jorginiho or Julian Weigl

LM Draxler or Lemar

CF Werner

Surplus to requirements

Mignolet, Flanagan , Moreno, Klavan, Markovic, Ejaria, Milner, Origi, Sturridge, Ings, Ojo, Kent , Allan, Harry Wilson. - should raise decent funds here

Jayus20

Think we Genuinely need 6 signings to actually start competing for the major honours on a regular basis . I dont believe all six need to be automatic starters to improve the team , but they need to be players on the up who will put pressure on the guys wearing the shirt . Additionally, we need greater squad depth so that we may rest players when required .

I believe we need a GK, CB, LB, DM, LW & CF

I would go for a New Keeper- dont know who but we appear to have targeted Allison or Butland

CB - one of Upcamecano , Pavard , or Lenglet

LB Ryan Sessegnon

DM - Jorginiho or Julian Weigl

LM Draxler or Lemar

CF Werner

Surplus to requirements

Mignolet, Flanagan , Moreno, Klavan, Markovic, Ejaria, Milner, Origi, Sturridge, Ings, Ojo, Kent , Allan, Harry Wilson. - should raise decent funds here
Few things I'm just questioning:
1) One thing we lack in our squad is experience so surely getting rid of Milner makes no sense as he's experienced and always does a solid job for us?
2) Klavan is happy as 5th choice and feels it's an honour to play for this club, surely it makes more sense to sell one of Lovren/Matip who would actually get us decent money and aren't likely to be happy being 4th/5th choice CB?
3) Ings? Surely a bit harsh. In the two cameo performances vs Watford and Porto he was very lively and created some great chances for himself. Guy loves the club, wants to work hard and learn from Bobby, always grinds my gears when people write the guy off. One of my favourite Liverpool players tbh.
4) This would probably be about £300-£350m for 6 of those players, take off all the sales probably £210m-£260m, don't you think that's a little excessive? Personally I think just GK, CB, DM and LW are enough for this summer as depth with like Moreno, Ings etc. is fine. Then summer 2019 we can look at better depth and improving any specific positions as we don't want to make too many changes in one window in my opinion.

I like the players you've picked, though I don't personally feel we need a CF. Big fan of Alisson, Pavard, Jorginho and Lemar myself! Would be over the moon if we signed those 4 over the summer.

HKReds

Few things I'm just questioning:
1) One thing we lack in our squad is experience so surely getting rid of Milner makes no sense as he's experienced and always does a solid job for us?
2) Klavan is happy as 5th choice and feels it's an honour to play for this club, surely it makes more sense to sell one of Lovren/Matip who would actually get us decent money and aren't likely to be happy being 4th/5th choice CB?
3) Ings? Surely a bit harsh. In the two cameo performances vs Watford and Porto he was very lively and created some great chances for himself. Guy loves the club, wants to work hard and learn from Bobby, always grinds my gears when people write the guy off. One of my favourite Liverpool players tbh.
4) This would probably be about £300-£350m for 6 of those players, take off all the sales probably £210m-£260m, don't you think that's a little excessive?

I like the players you've picked, though I don't personally feel we need a CF. Big fan of Alisson, Pavard, Jorginho and Lemar myself! Would be over the moon if we signed those 4 over the summer.
Agree of your assessment on MIlner and Klavan. I personally like Ings but I also have doubts whather the time he spent out with injuries has derailed his development significantly for him to become a good player or should we cut our losses with him.

However, I doubt we are able to raise close to the 100mil in terms of sale. Of the players listed, I can only picture clubs be interested in perhaps just a few of them such as Wilson or Origi. For the rest of the listed, I doubt we are able to get any significant amount of money or let alone get clubs to actually buy them.

Big fan of Alisson as well but I unsure if the club is willing to be spending big money on him unless there is a major collapse in form by Karius in the next few games. Never seen Pavard in action to make any judgement but my dream center back signing has to be De Ligt. Although the Dutch league is weaker but I think even at his age, he is definately better than Gomez and given how Sanchez adapt to Spurs, I think he will do just as well (the last few good center back from Ajax such as Alderweireld and Vertonghen that make the transition to EPL also fared well). But alas, I doubt we are able to attract him given rurmors that Barcelona are interested.

Last edited:

Jayus20

Agree of your assessment on MIlner and Klavan. I personally like Ings but I also have doubts whather the time he spent out with injuries has derailed his development significantly for him to become a good player or should we cut our losses with him.

However, I doubt we are able to raise close to the 100mil in terms of sale. Of the players listed, I can only picture clubs be interested in perhaps just a few of them such as Wilson or Origi. For the rest of the listed, I doubt we are able to get any significant amount of money or let alone get clubs to actually buy them.

Big fan of Alisson as well but I unsure if the club is willing to be spending big money on him unless there is a major collapse in form by Karius in the next few games. Never seen Pavard in action to make any judgement but my dream center back signing has to be De Ligt. Although the Dutch league is weaker but I think even at his age, he is definately better than Gomez and given how Sanchez adapt to Spurs, I think he will do just as well (the last few good center back from Ajax such as Alderweireld and Vertonghen that make the transition to EPL also fared well). But alas, I doubt we are able to attract him given rurmors that Barcelona are interested.
Nahh I know I was probably being a little generous though I was including a sale of Matip/Lovren in the ~£90m I said for sales but even that is unlikely. I think £50m-£60m of sales this summer is a lot more realistic.

I agree, I don't think we'll go for him due to Karius' resurgence but we can dream haha. If you look about 9-10 comments above this one you'll see my "ideals" and De Ligt is my ideal CB though Pavard is also excellent and he'd most probably be my second choice if we couldn't get De Ligt. I think we can attract De Ligt over Barcelona personally as we can offer him guaranteed first team football next to his national team mate and captain. Barcelona would only really be able to offer him a rotation role with them having Umtiti and Pique first choice. They just bought Yerry Mina recently as well and he's not even getting a look in.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I know some disagree, but imo we will still have the Coutinho money to spend.

Even taking that into account, though, not sure I see us bringing in so many first-team players. We already have Keita incoming for midfield. From the names being linked I suspect we want another, so that's two. I think we'll go for a hybrid LW/FW, someone who could play both roles as required (sounds like even Werner could do this, despite being more typically a FW), so that's probably three. New GK, whether to be first or second choice makes four.

Unless Moreno goes, I don't see a LB being prioritised at this time, more likely the following year. Same for CB. If Klopp is unhappy with Lovren or Matip to partner VVD then I think the most likely scenario is starting to groom Gomez for that role. Personally though I expect Matip to be Virgil's regular partner next season, and the depth is such we don't need to prioritise there in what is going to be a very short transfer window given the WC and new rules meaning it will close before the season starts. A lot to achieve in a very small amount of time.

We may see one or two Solanke-type signings, though - talented kids to develop rather than push for a starting place immediately.

Last edited:

GermanRed

No, i agree. How much was it - ₤150m? Think that's enough for Klopp to win us the title. Probably even more than Klopp wants to spend.

Draxler would get at least the same number of games as Wijnaldum or Milner. Both can only play in CM while Draxler can play in CM and LW in our current formation.
He can play as a striker/false 9 as well

I think there has to be a release clause and I think I read something about that already. £50m approx
Where did you here that cause would mean a lot more people than us will be paying the release clause

Nahh I know I was probably being a little generous though I was including a sale of Matip/Lovren in the ~£90m I said for sales but even that is unlikely. I think £50m-£60m of sales this summer is a lot more realistic.

I agree, I don't think we'll go for him due to Karius' resurgence but we can dream haha. If you look about 9-10 comments above this one you'll see my "ideals" and De Ligt is my ideal CB though Pavard is also excellent and he'd most probably be my second choice if we couldn't get De Ligt. I think we can attract De Ligt over Barcelona personally as we can offer him guaranteed first team football next to his national team mate and captain. Barcelona would only really be able to offer him a rotation role with them having Umtiti and Pique first choice. They just bought Yerry Mina recently as well and he's not even getting a look in.
Aren’t you getting rid of gomez’s Career at Liverpool if you sign a young promising defender,that’s why I would prefer a alderweireld (even if I don’t see us getting him) cause we can train Gomez up to alderwiereld standarted for the future

GermanRed

Where did you here that cause would mean a lot more people than us will be paying the release clause
The ₤50m are mentioned very often but maybe thats not his release clause. I am very sure that he is available for under ₤60m and that seems to be still a very good price nowadays. The fact that until now the Napoli president did not came out and said something like 'he is not for sale' or 'he is not available for less than ₤70m' tells me that the situation is not in Napolis hand = release clause??

His agent said that he prefers a move to england and Jorginho himself described which style of football his next club should play - sounded like City or Liverpool but i dont think City need him.

Jayus20

Aren’t you getting rid of gomez’s Career at Liverpool if you sign a young promising defender,that’s why I would prefer a alderweireld (even if I don’t see us getting him) cause we can train Gomez up to alderwiereld standarted for the future
Not at all. If Gomez is good enough he'll still make it. Gomez will still take a couple of years to become a top defender imo, De Ligt is already years ahead of him while being younger. Alderweireld would be a good buy but all depends on the cost and even though he's an excellent player, his one weakness (aerial duels) is the area where we need our defenders to be very strong because long balls are something we face regularly. Just feel like De Ligt is already ready for the step up to a top league and already has the qualities to thrive in a system like ours.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
At CB, I believe it will be the case of seeing what's out there, if Klopp feels he can attain an upgrade on Matip/Lovren, but surely not (?) for another vDijk fee. Long term he said he sees Gomez centrally, that's alright and expected but of course it doesn't necessarily need to happen next season. That will also depend on our RB situation.

At CB, I believe it will be the case of seeing what's out there, if Klopp feels he can attain an upgrade on Matip/Lovren, but surely not (?) for another vDijk fee. Long term he said he sees Gomez centrally, that's alright and expected but of course it doesn't necessarily need to happen next season. That will also depend on our RB situation.
I heard alderwierled has a 20-30 million release clause this summer or next summer

NYRhockey

Even taking that into account, though, not sure I see us bringing in so many first-team players. We already have Keita incoming for midfield. From the names being linked I suspect we want another, so that's two. I think we'll go for a hybrid LW/FW, someone who could play both roles as required (sounds like even Werner could do this, despite being more typically a FW), so that's probably three. New GK, whether to be first or second choice makes four.

Unless Moreno goes, I don't see a LB being prioritised at this time, more likely the following year. Same for CB. If Klopp is unhappy with Lovren or Matip to partner VVD then I think the most likely scenario is starting to groom Gomez for that role. Personally though I expect Matip to be Virgil's regular partner next season, and the depth is such we don't need to prioritise there in what is going to be a very short transfer window given the WC and new rules meaning it will close before the season starts. A lot to achieve in a very small amount of time.

We may see one or two Solanke-type signings, though - talented kids to develop rather than push for a starting place immediately.
Well Klopp already told us he has the money available to him, buy why believe the coach in charge, ya know. Plus we'll also have some departures, though nowhere near as high value as Phil but should still yield good money coming in.

Expensive signings next year should not be many. With Keita coming in i'd say Can's replacement and a Lemar/Draxler type would be the other 2 big-money signings, with the rest of the additions more about depth and backup for Karius.

GermanRed

Julian Brandt extended his contract at Leverkusen today. He wasn't a target at the moment but Klopp was definetly after him at some point.