• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

vjcpatriot

Barcelona appears desperate to sell Dembele. But I wouldn't give them anything near full price. If Barca sells now they also dodge about £26m in appearance fees.

I'd offer a cheeky £40m bid based on potential. But not much more than that considering they are the ones who want to get rid.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Barcelona appears desperate to sell Dembele. But I wouldn't give them anything near full price. If Barca sells now they also dodge about £26m in appearance fees.

I'd offer a cheeky £40m bid based on potential. But not much more than that considering they are the ones who want to get rid.

Nahhhhh,

I hope he refuses to leave and instead just sits his expensively paid ass on the bench.
until his contract ends and then leaves on a free.

Its no more than that horrible club deserve.

Red over the water

I liked the look of Pulisic in the friendly against England today. So long as the price isn’t too ridiculous I think he could become a great player under Klopp. He’s already good, and he showed more pace than I remembered, too.

vjcpatriot

I've liked Pulisic for a while now. He has the potential to become special.

How about that Tin Jedvaj though? He just scored two goals against Spain to help Croatia to a 3-2 win. The famous game where Lovren called out Ramos as a p**ssycat. lol.

vjcpatriot

With our striker play being lackluster of late... I'd be mighty interested in Liverpool signing Luka Jovic next summer.

The Serbian striker is only 20 years and leads the Bundesliga with 9 goals in 9 appearances after scoring 8 goals in 22 appearances last year.

The talent is there, but would Klopp be interested?

I have no confidence in Origi or Solanke taking the step up next season so I'd rather bring in Jovic and see if he can become a scoring machine for us.
He can also back up the winger spots and is listed as both footed according to his profile. That kind of versatility could help add much needed depth to the squad.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
With our striker play being lackluster of late... I'd be mighty interested in Liverpool signing Luka Jovic next summer.

The Serbian striker is only 20 years and leads the Bundesliga with 9 goals in 9 appearances after scoring 8 goals in 22 appearances last year.

The talent is there, but would Klopp be interested?

I have no confidence in Origi or Solanke taking the step up next season so I'd rather bring in Jovic and see if he can become a scoring machine for us.
He can also back up the winger spots and is listed as both footed according to his profile. That kind of versatility could help add much needed depth to the squad.
I still remember when Carroll had scored 11 and assisted another 7 in 19 games as a 21 year old. Not so great players can have great runs of form. Have to be so careful.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
60-65M tops for Dembele. That means 20M and another 45M on ridiculous clauses like Dembele getting the balon dor and liverpool winning the quadruple.
That is gonna happen next year.. So you need to raise the bar a little more. So 10m for Dembele scoring his 250th LFC goal. 10m for his 500th LFC goal and 20m for his 1000th LFC goal.

RedForever2014

I was a bit disappointed to read there won't be any January additions, as I think we need a few more pieces to improve our chances of winning something this season.

We do have a decent sized senior squad, 21 outfield players, but within that there are only 14 players who I'd say are genuine options for regular rotation - TAA, Lovren, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Gini, Hendo, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Bobby, Mane, Salah.

Moreno, Matip, Sturridge and Lallana are of some use, but you can't see Clyne, Origi or Solanke getting any game time except in emergencies.

More than a couple of injuries to the group of 14 during the run in would undermine us at the last hurdle if we're close.

For me we've got to take that group of 14 up to about 18 senior players and have a couple more who are usable when needed.

I think that means letting most of that 7 player group go, making 4 new quality signings, with the returning Oxlade and one breakthrough youngster making up a 20 man outfield squad.

The rest of the youngsters like Philips, Camacho, Jones, Woodburn, Wilson and Solanke need to all be on loan next season, to see if they've got what we need and move them up a level quickly.

Would love to see Sessignon, De Ligt, a Fekir type, a Mane type and a Bobby type under consideration.

Red Ted

See De Ligt mentioned quite often but don't know why we'd be interested in him.

It's Van Dijk and another as far as we're concerned & we already have our own young and potentially great center back who has been playing extremely well, then you have your back ups.

Why would be pay the big fee for De Ligt for him to push Gomez out of the team or himself mostly sit on the bench?

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

It's Van Dijk and another as far as we're concerned & we already have our own young and potentially great center back who has been playing extremely well, then you have your back ups.

Why would be pay the big fee for De Ligt for him to push Gomez out of the team or himself mostly sit on the bench?
Id much prefer De Ligt stepping into the team over Lovren/Matip. Football is a squad game.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Id much prefer De Ligt stepping into the team over Lovren/Matip. Football is a squad game.
And Lovren has proven himself to be perfectly good enough as a first choice, never mind as second.

I'd definitely be looking at replacing Matip but it shouldn't necessary to spend a lot of money to find somebody better.

Dave-D

If Klopp sees Gomez as first choice CB and rotation at RB for TAA then De Ligt would be an ideal signing.
As @Iluvatar says above I’d also much rather have De Ligt than Lovren/Matip

Red Ted

We'd all prefer to have top end players as back ups, that would mean we'd have a top class squad, it's not realistic though.

I don't see the club having him as a target at all, I can see utd breaking the bank for him.

Dave-D

It's fantasy football stuff.

Center back is the last place Klopp will spend a huge wedge on.
He might have to come the end of the season if Matip and Lovren with his overly inflated ego want out.

Claymenza

What's going on at dortmund? Dembele leaves for a fortune, sancho comes in for next to nothing and lights it up, pulisic drops to the bench?
Too much talent moving all over the place!

As for the links with dembele, i fear that the mane rumors have some validity if it's true.
Shakiri can deputize if he chooses to play elsewhere.
Depay and Dembele are on the market, and I'm just wondering if klopp can get more involvement from them lot.

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I'd go to WHU and offer them Studge and some cash for Marko Arnautovic in Jan. He's big, strong, has technique, hunger, and I think Klopp could get more out of him that Studge in the squad.

Arnautovic's agent/brother has said he wants CL football. Go give it to him Jurgen.
Id rather have Anderson from them. Arnautovic is a wild card and could easily go down like Andy carroll or Balotelli.
Anderson is promising and i think Klopp can easily mould him into a good player.
I would seriously give Brewster and maybe Wilson next year a chance. They are promising and deserve a good chance.
Sell Origi and Sturridge and promote these two lads.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
What's going on at dortmund? Dembele leaves for a fortune, sancho comes in for next to nothing and lights it up, pulisic drops to the bench?
Too much talent moving all over the place!

As for the links with dembele, i fear that the mane rumors have some validity if it's true.
Shakiri can deputize if he chooses to play elsewhere.
Depay and Dembele are on the market, and I'm just wondering if klopp can get more involvement from them lot.
Tbh, If some club come with 100 mil for Mane id sell him. He has been very very average and looks disinterested most of the time.
Wont mind demble though if we get a fortune for mane.

Claymenza

Tbh, If some club come with 100 mil for Mane id sell him. He has been very very average and looks disinterested most of the time.
Wont mind demble though if we get a fortune for mane.
Looking disinterested doesn't automatically equate to being poor in performance. I like the value he brings, he has goals in him, dribbles well and has a powerful shot.

Right now, it's in the mind that he's not able to replicate the chemistry he had with firmino and salah last season.

Fabinho on the other hand looks like he's lost a bit of confidence being on the bench. Compare this to wyjnaldum who doesn't. Playing well in the fringes is a huge requirement for klopp. Milner and henderson seem to respond well to rotation.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I don't understand the criticism of Mane. He's been a bright spark and brilliant on the whole when I've watched him. ( I'm not saying he has the best footballing brain I've ever seen) but still he has been very sharp and unpredictable. Think he's been superb this season so far.

Last edited: