Who would you buy?

GaryBarlow99

I think our squad holds up well against Man City's but we do lack wing and AM depth that they have. If Sturridge and Lallana go in the summer these are the positions I think we will look to strengthen. A Sane and a Mahrez type would be good. I still hope for Fekir and I wouldn't be opposed to Pulisic if Klopp really wants him. Ideally we would get Dybala and Sancho though :tongue:

Aguero - Firmino
B Silva - Shaqiri
De Bruyne - Ox
Mahrez - Lallana
D Silva - Keita
Sterling - Mane
Jesus - Salah
Sane - Sturridge

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I was bored earlier so thinking about this, and I think we need to be busy in the market this summer.

We need a back up keeper, a left back and a right back. No way Mignolet, Clyne or Moreno will stay another season. I think Phillips might be ready to be fourth choice, so I’d let Matip go. Lovren is very injury prone, so I’d have a think about him too.

Midfield looks really deep and strong, but we need that creative spark. Fab and Hendo are deep lying, Ox and Keita are runners for the left and right sides, and shaqiri is the other creative lad. Milner and Wijnaldum are good all rounders. If we can get a player like Fekir - someone who can be a creative number ten, and do bits on the left of the attack then we have brilliant depth and balance.

We’ve got the usual three up top, a decision to be made about Origi and Sturridge, and Brewster coming through. Shaq and Ox can cover the right, and Keita and the new lad can cover the left.

I’d still grab Pulisic if we can stretch to it.

GermanRed

One of Depay or Werner would be all we need to complete our attack + AM

CF
Firmino (as the False9 in the 4-3-3)
Werner / Depay (as #9 in the 4-2-3-1
Brewster / Solanke

Left
Mané
Depay / Werner
Woodburn?

Right
Salah
Shaqiri
Ox
Wilson?

CAM
Firmino (in the 4-2-3-1)
Shaqiri
Ox
Jones

Depay and Werner will both have one year left on their contracts in the summer. I‘m having some concerns about Timo Werner but i‘m 100% sure Klopp would make Depay our best Scorer (Goals + Assists).

MW2833

One of Depay or Werner would be all we need to complete our attack + AM

CF
Firmino (as the False9 in the 4-3-3)
Werner / Depay (as #9 in the 4-2-3-1
Brewster / Solanke

Left
Mané
Depay / Werner
Woodburn?

Right
Salah
Shaqiri
Ox
Wilson?

CAM
Firmino (in the 4-2-3-1)
Shaqiri
Ox
Jones

Depay and Werner will both have one year left on their contracts in the summer. I‘m having some concerns about Timo Werner but i‘m 100% sure Klopp would make Depay our best Scorer (Goals + Assists).
Let's ask Lyon if we can buy depay, ndombele, fekir and aouar.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
And settle for the last two,Depay is a bit of a knob.
Ndombele is fantastic too, he'd be an absolute monster in our midfield. Depay is just blatantly one of the least Liverpool players around at the top level and I'd hope he wouldn't ever be considered.

Agree with the above that we'll need some defensive reinforcements, potentially as many as 3 or 4 if all our current backups leave over the next two windows. Wouldn't want us to rely on any of our academy players for those positions so hopefully we will dip into the market. As such, we'll probably only make 1 or 2 'big' signings with the intention of improving the midfield/front line which will be sufficient.

GermanRed

If you mean why does he say that, then he is someone who likes the fame and money but not the hard work or responsibility of being a world class player
Does he tell kids to quit school or what mistakes did he make? Or is it because he signed for ManU and is into Rap music?

All I see is this
18/19 20 Games 6 Goals 10 Assists
17/18 51 Games 22 Goals 17 Assists
First 4 months at Lyon 17 games 5 Goals 8 Assists
National team 44 Games 13 Goals 9 Assists

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Aouar and/or Pulišić to be the next major targets for Klopp? That said, Aouar and Ndombele could be the next two transfers for Man City, long term replacements for Fernandinho and David Silva, it's a bit predictable looking at the way they play football.

That said, like @Mascot88 said, Mignolet, Clyne and Moreno will need replacing very soon, so there's that part of the squad to be taken into consideration (to think that Man City can beat, for example, a strong Bournemouth side with what is practically their second string...). I'd love it if academy could provide their able replacements but not everything can be solved in that manner.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Does he tell kids to quit school or what mistakes did he make? Or is it because he signed for ManU and is into Rap music?
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-club-player-small-time-attitude-lyon-ligue-1

Here's just one article. Plenty more out there if you're interested, ones that document his attitude at United or out with the Dutch national team.

Regardless of how he's played he's had the attitude that he's the best player around and should be untouchable, and has spat his dummy out time and time again if a manager disagrees whether that's by turning up late, complaining in the media or not taking training and warm ups seriously. Quite the antithesis to what Klopp has tried to build at Liverpool, wouldn't you say?

Claymenza

Jadon Sancho even if it costs us £100mil.
Isn't this counter intuitive to what man city is trying to do?
This was a successful loan for talent that will surely be the rightful heir to david silva when he comes of age.

City wouldn't sell to us
We have enough wingers.
We don't have the cash to splash now.
He won't get playing time.

If city is able to develop players via a surrogate club, why aren't we doing that?

Claymenza

All I see is this
Why did he turn down brendan rodgers?
In reality, rodgers was a better coach for him than van gaal. It's just that van gaal's name and past history swayed him to move to united.

Also, if depays rap calibur is anything to go by, he's a decade ahead of our own counter part: Ryan babel

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Isn't this counter intuitive to what man city is trying to do?
This was a successful loan for talent that will surely be the rightful heir to david silva when he comes of age.

City wouldn't sell to us
We have enough wingers.
We don't have the cash to splash now.
He won't get playing time.

If city is able to develop players via a surrogate club, why aren't we doing that?
Maybe we dont have the quality in our youth?

We have enough wingers? Really? I see little to no depth after Mane/Salah/Shaqiri.

P.s. Sancho isn’t on loan.

Last edited:

jack1092

All I see is this

Whilst they aren't bad stats, it's the French league + he strikes me as a big time charlie- doing things for Lyon, but not when the level was upped at UTD.

No thanks.....

jackh1092

I've commented already on this, but on another account i dint realise i had!

Depay for me is a big time charlie- In my opinion we need players that are better at holding onto the ball for longer. Klopp this season has looked to adapt his formation so it's not so gung ho, but for me our issues are down to not having players comfortable with taking more touches like nearly all of citys players. Don't get me wrong, we aren't the same as city and will never be + perhaps Keita will provide this as some stage. I would prefer a Aouar to a Depay any day of the week.

GermanRed

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-club-player-small-time-attitude-lyon-ligue-1

Here's just one article. Plenty more out there if you're interested, ones that document his attitude at United or out with the Dutch national team.

Regardless of how he's played he's had the attitude that he's the best player around and should be untouchable, and has spat his dummy out time and time again if a manager disagrees whether that's by turning up late, complaining in the media or not taking training and warm ups seriously. Quite the antithesis to what Klopp has tried to build at Liverpool, wouldn't you say?
Doesn't change my opinion a bit. Maybe we need a 'bad boy' on the pitch. With Klopp we have the perfect manager to deal with complicated characters - Kevin-Prince Boateng, Marco Reus, Kevin Großkreutz, Michael Thurk come to my mind. Especially the case of 'Berlin Ghetto Kid' Boateng - nobody wanted to get close to this bad boy (especially after he injured Michael Ballack) but Klopp took him on loan for 6 months. Boateng said Klopp was like a father for him and that he was the best manager he ever had.

GermanRed

Fabinho was one of the best players in Ligue 1 and won the league with Monaco. It still took him like 6 months to settle down (has he now? we will see in the coming weeks).

Ndombele and Aouar are still 'kids'. How long would they take to settle down? So is our academy sh*t or why don't some of them make it into our first team? I'm 100% sure Marko Grujic (ok he is not a Academy product) would be a starter at Lyon and probably some of our U23 players too.

Sweeting

Fabinho was one of the best players in Ligue 1 and won the league with Monaco. It still took him like 6 months to settle down (has he now? we will see in the coming weeks).

Ndombele and Aouar are still 'kids'. How long would they take to settle down? So is our academy sh*t or why don't some of them make it into our first team? I'm 100% sure Marko Grujic (ok he is not a Academy product) would be a starter at Lyon and probably some of our U23 players too.
I don't think Grujic would start for Lyon regularly, not this year anyway.

A few years ago I think Jones, Woodburn, Grujic and Wilson would be semi-regular in our 1st team squad but the quality required to be a 1st teamer here has just improved dramatically.

Frankly getting TAA through is brilliant achievement for the Academy - if any of Wilson, Woodburn, Jones, Brewster etc make it then it will be incredible.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Doesn't change my opinion a bit. Maybe we need a 'bad boy' on the pitch. With Klopp we have the perfect manager to deal with complicated characters - Kevin-Prince Boateng, Marco Reus, Kevin Großkreutz, Michael Thurk come to my mind. Especially the case of 'Berlin Ghetto Kid' Boateng - nobody wanted to get close to this bad boy (especially after he injured Michael Ballack) but Klopp took him on loan for 6 months. Boateng said Klopp was like a father for him and that he was the best manager he ever had.
Then we should be all over Dembele. And not Depay.

GermanRed

Then we should be all over Dembele. And not Depay.
Not sure about that lol because Dembele demolished Klopps house.

What Dembele played at Dortmund was much much better than what Sancho is playing there at the moment.

But Dembele wouldn’t solve our #9 problem. Depay or Werner would.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Depay isn't the bad boy you're trying to describe, he's just a spoilt brat arrogant with huge chip on his shoulder which he carries his insecurity everywhere. That's what the article is explaining about him.

GermanRed

Wijnaldum on Depay a few weeks after he signed for Lyon:
'His move to Lyon is interesting. Memphis trains incredibly hard, and he also has everything to reach the top. 'There was criticism of his game, I understand that. With his options he needs to play more. But the criticism of what he does outside of playing football, I do not understand.'

They know each other for many years now. It's almost as if Gini knew Depay would be such a success at Lyon. Also, if Wijnaldum thinks he is a good person - that's enough for me.

Depay brings goals and assists, can play upfront, LW (and even behind one or two strikers).