Who would you buy?

Wijnaldum on Depay a few weeks after he signed for Lyon:
'His move to Lyon is interesting. Memphis trains incredibly hard, and he also has everything to reach the top. 'There was criticism of his game, I understand that. With his options he needs to play more. But the criticism of what he does outside of playing football, I do not understand.'

They know each other for many years now. It's almost as if Gini knew Depay would be such a success at Lyon. Also, if Wijnaldum thinks he is a good person - that's enough for me.

Depay brings goals and assists, can play upfront, LW (and even behind one or two strikers).

He's hardly going to say, nah he's a lazy B is he?

All players raved about Balotelli etc. they are all teammates at the end of the day.

Wouldn't take anything from those quotes.

On another note, but with Burnley in mind - Would anyone fancy Tom Heaton as back up to Allisson....we are likely to be shot of Migs and Heaton would give us a better back up option. Heaton has said he wants to go in January as is 3rd choice now there?
On the assumption that Mignolet will be off, and Kelleher and Grabara aren’t quite seasoned enough yet, why not? Heaton would be a good player for the role. And if not him, then that sort of profile - older, wouldn’t expect to play, but would be ready and experienced if and when called upon.

Claymenza

Maybe we dont have the quality in our youth?

We have enough wingers? Really? I see little to no depth after Mane/Salah/Shaqiri.

P.s. Sancho isn’t on loan.
we haven't youth enough of a chance to know that.

shaqiri is depth and firmino can play on the wing if sturridge starts up front
Ox is also a winger who may no longer fit in midfield now that keita and fabinho have landed.

We have an abundance of wingers turned midfielders like gini and lallana.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
On another note, but with Burnley in mind - Would anyone fancy Tom Heaton as back up to Allisson....we are likely to be shot of Migs and Heaton would give us a better back up option. Heaton has said he wants to go in January as is 3rd choice now there?
Yes. Think that would be a good idea as post Brexit we may have to ditch all of our goalies except Allison, with them not being English and not likely to play in the first team. However, during the Burnley game one of the commentators said that Heaton was rumored to be joining Aston Villa in January. He might go for that over us as he'd have more chance of first team action there.

Good to see everyone in good form today.

We do have quality in every department and versatility too, but should always be looking to improve and strengthen.

Let's not forget that we only have 21 outfield players, of whom a few aren't really that useful and 3 or 4 are likely departures.

You can easily see a few of Clyne, Moreno, Solanke, Sturridge, Origi and Lallana being moved on in January or the summer, and we need to keep the outfield senior squad at 20 at least.

I don't see the likes of Camacho, Jones or Philips filling those gaps without loan spells and of those on loan only Wilson looks like he could do a job next season. I think we should leave Wilson at Derby until May, he'll be much better for it than a bit part role for us.

Klopp mentioned in his post match interview that only Salah and Mane have pace in the forwards and I still think a third pacey forward would give us more options, whilst for all the promise of Keita and Shaqiri when used in attacking midfield, we can always do with a quality addition there.

Personally I'd like to see us sign Fekir (or similar) in January, loaning out Solanke and selling Origi to offset the new signing.

Then next summer bring back Oxlade, sign Pulisic, let Sturridge go and have his last big payday elsewhere and sell Lallana.

Then it's a case of replacing Clyne and Moreno, maybe with one established versatile full back and maybe promoting Camacho or Lewis.