Who would you buy?

auzziez

This is the who would you buy thread not the rumours thread. Mignolet style of play is so very different than Alissons it means we play very different whenever he is in goal. Think must people would have a back up keeper with a more appropriate playing style on their "who would you buy" list regardless of rumours. Reina would be my pick too. Consideration to Ochoa, Muslera and even Vorm too. But I'm not great at judging keepers.
Definitely agree that having mignolet in goal changes the dynamics of our play in defensive areas. Add to that the fact that neither of our backup keepers are anyway near Allison when it comes to ball distribution. Would definitely like a backup who is more like Allison, even though it would not be easy to find one.
My previous reply was taking into consideration we are talking about"who would you buy" when the transfer window is open. Given we won't buy a keeper until one of Mignolet/Karius is sold, which doesn't seem like will happen this January, I was wondering why this fantasy talk of signing a keeper. But if it was about buying one next summer, then I take back my words.

C

Caradoc

F. Mendy (LB)
Werner (LW/ST)
Tonali (DM)
De Ligt (CB)
Aké (LB/LCB)

That’d do me. Can’t really suggest a GK.

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
If Origi and Sturridge both go then clearly we need some firepower up front. I feel we have been one short for a long time in a wide attacking sense. Shaq can obviously fill the right side, as can Mane if needed (and Mo of course) but we are definitely short handed on the left. I am a big fan of Lozano, like Julian Brandt too, but wouldn't be upset with Werner.
Left back and goalkeeper backups are tricky - people happy to play second fiddle are generally either young and inexperienced or old and nearing retirement! Promotion from youth or a Manninger style??? No idea!

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
In: Zaha; Werner; Sessignon.

Out: Sturridge; Origi; Moreno (plus about 150 million pounds).

Sweeting

I think at a minimum we’ll say goodbye to Mignolet, Moreno, Clyne, Randall, Ings, Origi, Sturridge, Karius and Markovic.
I agree, and with the exception of Sturridge and arguably Mignolet, Moreno and Clyne we won't be losing any significant minutes by letting those players go.

The only major player I could see us losing is Milner and that would only be through his choice but would probably create some more game time for a few other lads if he was to go.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
I think Klopp is going to give Brewster a big chance to be the attacking player we all think we need to get in as cover to replace Sturridge/Origi. The only place I think really needs a signing in the summer is a reserve/youngish type left back that can come in and learn and only play here or there. I don't really know anything about Loyd Kelly but that's the sort of profile I'm expecting. That plus a well defined #2 GK, whatever that looks like. Certainly not a young/expensive type. Then it's up to Wilson to show during preseason he can provide competition for Shaqiri/Lallana type role in the squad. It's the most complete team we have had in a long long time.

If I could sign anyone and not worry about money/need so much, I'd probably sign Zaha. I think he'd be amazing playing for Klopp, with Mane on one side, Salah in the middle, and Bobby at the #10, but that might be living in Championship manager a bit too much.

I think a lot depends on the upcoming preseason. If Brewster is back and healthy, I don't see a need to spend on anyone until he has his chance. Maybe that will change next January, but I'm expecting a fairly quiet summer after a quiet January, and I'm not disappointed with that at all.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
The only major player I could see us losing is Milner and that would only be through his choice but would probably create some more game time for a few other lads if he was to go.
If Leeds get promoted, that is a possibility yes. But in that case I believe we'd be well prepared, or better to say, Millie would probably let us know his intentions early enough for us to react to that in whatever way.

Jah_Pool

In the summer we should make several moves. As I've said before, Zaha is a must, he can play anywhere along the front three and he can slot in seamlessly into this team. I would then go to Burnley and take whichever keeper they don't want as our No 2 and move Mignolet on. One of Lovren/Matip should also be shown the door and an offer made for Tarkovski(sp?) or any other more reliable defender. Moreno will also be moved on, so a reliable young LB should be signed to push Robertson. I'd also bring in Rabiot on a free to improve the technical aspect of that midfield. I also really like the look of Wan-Bissaka but I doubt CP would sell there two best players to us, plus there will be serious competition for their RB come the summer. I'd move Milner on to Leeds come the summer as well as he should be asking for more playing time at this stage in his career. I'd definitely bring in Wilson, Grujic and Brewster back into the fold and give them the best opportunity at taking a position in the squad.

So I would bring in Zaha, Rabiot, Tarkovski, Pope, Brewster, Wilson, Grujic and maybe a Sessegnon. Out would be Sturridge, Moreno, Milner, Matip, Mignolet, Lallana, Ings and Origi.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
As I've said before, Zaha is a must, he can play anywhere along the front three and he can slot in seamlessly into this team.
I don't know if he is a must, but is he willing to play as part of the rotation for the front 3?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
And don't forget Adam
I don’t think it’s a certain thing that Lallana goes. Although personally I think the team has moved on from him.

Klopp does like him, and the injuries this season might provide him and Klopp with a reason why he hasn’t played more, and convince them both to give it another year.

I think a sentimental return to Bournemouth, especially as I think he probably only has a couple of years left, would be best.

rippedshorts

TIA Regular
Go big for Hirving Lozano. He may start ahead of Mane, and we'll start seeing some real rotation in our forwards.

Elessar

We need someone with Suarez type winning mentality. Someone that work his socks off from the first second to the last won't be happy if all other players don't do the same. We of course have Firmino as our hard working striker but he don't have the winning mentality that Suarez have.

It also hurt a lot to play against someone like Suarez.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
mane is way better than Lozano at this moment. He is playing in the Dutch league remember. Would rather Zaha over Lozano
??? Playing in the Dutch league doesn't make Lozano worse (or Mane way better than Lozano).

I hope that isn't why you would prefer Zaha either. Definitely don't want Zaha: barely scores, older and may or may not have an attitude problem. I would rather go with Wilson then buy Zaha.

Dave-D

Wouldn’t go near Zaha with a barge pole. 4 goals and 5 assists in 22 matching in which he has only not played the full 90 minutes twice and that includes lasts nights sending off. Not for me the price would be to high for someone with such a poor return

RedSeven

On the one road
Wouldn’t go near Zaha with a barge pole. 4 goals and 5 assists in 22 matching in which he has only not played the full 90 minutes twice and that includes lasts nights sending off. Not for me the price would be to high for someone with such a poor return
I think if he'd had similar amount of playing time for us he'd has scored and assisted much more, but price wise too high taking that a large sum of it will be cos he's English/home-grown

Dave-D

I think if he'd had similar amount of playing time for us he'd has scored and assisted much more, but price wise too high taking that a large sum of it will be cos he's English/home-grown
He wouldn’t get the same amount of playing time here and if his stats are that low playing that often I don’t see how they’d improve with less minutes.

RedSeven

On the one road
He wouldn’t get the same amount of playing time here and if his stats are that low playing that often I don’t see how they’d improve with less minutes.
I think they'd improve because he's in a better side, but they wouldn't improve enough to warrant the huge fee they'd be asking for him,and yes he wouldn't get as much time in the league as he does for Palace.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I fully understand and respect the reasons why there will (most likely) be no incomings today, but in this proper title chase and CL run I do get a little nervous when I see Studge and Lallana coming on as attacking options.