Who would you buy?

Noo Noo

For the first time in some time I really have very little clue what Klopp will do in the market this Summer.

The squad needs a tweak, I cant deny that but where and how is difficult to see.

We need cover at left back, possibly in goal and maybe up front too but Origi has stepped up of late and Brewster is pushing. There is also a possibility of central defence being looked at and the case for a midfielder that offers something completely different to what we have.

I have just stated that we need a whole new team which is the biggest load horse radish I have spouted or maybe have even seen on this forum for some time.

#Noo Noo out

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I didn’t say money wouldn’t be available. I think we have the cash to buy whoever Klopp wants (within reason).

What we have available to spend, and what Klopp wants to spend are not the same thing.
Totally agree. I'm actually totally flummox with the whole window, probably the first I don't see a need for significant changes in about 20 years :-)

Barnestormer

Left wing.
No doubt we will have a debrief on the season, any Corp does, and I suspect the run we've had with Citoil, and their strength in depth, may play heavily on our transfer plans. Just have a feeling we may be considering going large in the transfer market, especially up front. Hindsight is easy but if any period cost us this season, its when our forwards seem flagged in deep winter, and a top quality winger and striker would really alleviate that burden. As well as squad back ups for left back and outgoing players. I expect us to have some transfers already in place, on the QT, and some signings will probably be announced quite early as soon as this season is put to a close. So a quality No 9 is indispensable to me with the outgoing Sturridge, likewise another versatile winger of the ilk of Salah and Mane, along with fullback cover.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
No doubt we will have a debrief on the season, any Corp does, and I suspect the run we've had with Citoil, and their strength in depth, may play heavily on our transfer plans. Just have a feeling we may be considering going large in the transfer market, especially up front. Hindsight is easy but if any period cost us this season, its when our forwards seem flagged in deep winter, and a top quality winger and striker would really alleviate that burden. As well as squad back ups for left back and outgoing players. I expect us to have some transfers already in place, on the QT, and some signings will probably be announced quite early as soon as this season is put to a close. So a quality No 9 is indispensable to me with the outgoing Sturridge, likewise another versatile winger of the ilk of Salah and Mane, along with fullback cover.
Think you've covered everything, so I don't need to post.

GermanRed

Neres or Bergwijn? Both are fast. Who is better in 1v1? Who is good enough for our intensity and the physicality in the PL?

Red over the water

That Lloyd Kelly guy's stats seem not impressive. He was not even a regular starter at Championship.
Sessegnon is fantastic but Tottenham seems to have won the race for him.

Brandt is obvious, I don't think Klopp will miss this target.
I haven’t personally seen Kelly, just going on the name floating around, and the fact that he’s young, home grown, can cover lb and central defence, and won’t expect to play much yet, which gives time for him to improve under our coaching, and also gives time for the current defensive permutations to work themselves out a bit. But if he’s not all that, I’m not sold on him per se, but we do need lb cover.

The price I saw recently for Sessegnon seemed very low, so I’ll be surprised if he’s under £30M.

We’re in a good spot - we don’t need a massive overhaul, and we are a very desirable destination for people who want to contest at the sharp end of the Prem and CL. Our recruitment team has been doing well too, so I can’t wait to see what we do.

I’m thinking three signings, two for the so called first team (but obviously we don’t have a first XI) and one, maybe two to grow.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
I haven’t personally seen Kelly, just going on the name floating around, and the fact that he’s young, home grown, can cover lb and central defence, and won’t expect to play much yet, which gives time for him to improve under our coaching, and also gives time for the current defensive permutations to work themselves out a bit. But if he’s not all that, I’m not sold on him per se, but we do need lb cover.

The price I saw recently for Sessegnon seemed very low, so I’ll be surprised if he’s under £30M.

We’re in a good spot - we don’t need a massive overhaul, and we are a very desirable destination for people who want to contest at the sharp end of the Prem and CL. Our recruitment team has been doing well too, so I can’t wait to see what we do.

I’m thinking three signings, two for the so called first team (but obviously we don’t have a first XI) and one, maybe two to grow.
The price for Sessegnon is probably reflected by the fact he's about to enter the last year of his contract, and also that Fulham were just relegated.

Red over the water

Bergwijn/Pepe for pace and goals to add to the main current front tree.
Brandt/Aouar for guile, assists and goals to come from the midfield.

Beyond that, or players like that, it’s hard to say.
Origi has overcome his slump and has proved very useful, and should get a new deal.
Brewster will replace Sturridge and will be looking to make his mark with the minutes he gets.
Will we sign a back up left back, or go with an academy promotion?
Will Mignolet want to leave to play more?
What will we do with one or two impressive youngsters, like Wilson and Grujic, who have done well on loan?
Will we go big on a player like De Ligt, given the options we already have in that position?

All these questions, and more, will be answered this summer!

In the meantime it’s hard to focus on number six as it is still a way off, but hopefully the players have a little break, then regroup, prepare and bring Big Ears home. It’s time for a parade. 2005 was special. Let’s do it again.

GermanRed

Bergwijn/Pepe for pace and goals to add to the main current front tree.
Brandt/Aouar for guile, assists and goals to come from the midfield.
An attacker and an attacking midfielder - would be nice but

unless we reach at least the semi-finals in CL, FA Cup and Carabao Cup i doubt we can give two attacking new signings enough minutes IMO.

Thomas1195

An attacker and an attacking midfielder - would be nice but

unless we reach at least the semi-finals in CL, FA Cup and Carabao Cup i doubt we can give two attacking new signings enough minutes IMO.
Brandt is good enough to break into our starting 11 midfield within 3 months or even less. He will direct compete with Henderson and AOC for No.8 under our system. My prediction is that Henderson will lag behind a healthy AOC and Brandt, unless he can consistently produce his post-Southampton performance.

About Pepe I agree.

When potentially losing Sturridge, Ings, Lallana, Origi as attacking options I disagree.
Origi is likely to get a new contract. Sturridge will be replaced by Brewster and Lallana will be replaced by Brandt.

Thomas1195

What will we do with one or two impressive youngsters, like Wilson and Grujic, who have done well on loan?
Sell Grujic. Atletico is offering a very good price. With Brandt coming and AOC fully recovering our midfield will be very packed.
Wilson should be kept, he is more versatile and can play both as midfielder and as winger/forward.

GermanRed

When potentially losing Sturridge, Ings, Lallana, Origi as attacking options I disagree.
Sturridge 7 minutes played this season
Ings 0 minutes played this season
Lallana 4 minutes played this season
Origi 11 minutes played this season

Ox missed the whole season
Keita would like to get more minutes
Shaqiri would like to get more minutes
Brewster is hoping to get a few

I'm also hoping for two attacking signings but can't see it happen.

ABRed

We've conquered all of Europe
How about David Alaba from Bayern as a LB backup? Bayern just bought Lucas Hernandez for £80m, so we can expect Alaba to try to leave. This Alaba guy is definitely world-class and has been playing for BM since around 2012. He would be a light year better option than Chilwell or Sessegnon.
Noway he would sign as a back-up.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Sturridge 7 minutes played this season
Ings 0 minutes played this season
Lallana 4 minutes played this season
Origi 11 minutes played this season

Ox missed the whole season
Keita would like to get more minutes
Shaqiri would like to get more minutes
Brewster is hoping to get a few

I'm also hoping for two attacking signings but can't see it happen.
Fucking hell Origi scored a lot of goals per playing time then!!!

Edit; On a serious note we haven't had good cover and options up top this season to rotate and rest the starting front 3. Looking at how much those options played doesn't say how long better options would get on the pitch for.

jackh1092

Brandt is good enough to break into our starting 11 midfield within 3 months or even less. He will direct compete with Henderson and AOC for No.8 under our system. My prediction is that Henderson will lag behind a healthy AOC and Brandt, unless he can consistently produce his post-Southampton performance.

About Pepe I agree.

Origi is likely to get a new contract. Sturridge will be replaced by Brewster and Lallana will be replaced by Brandt.
Never seen a lot of Brandt but does he work off the ball well?

From what i've read he hasn't been CM for long, so tactically he'll be found out at LFC. Big change from being at a team where your one of the better players.

At their game this weekend so it'll be exciting to see him!

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Fucking hell Origi scored a lot of goals per playing time then!!!

Edit; On a serious note we haven't had good cover and options up top this season to rotate and rest the starting front 3. Looking at how much those options played doesn't say how long better options would get on the pitch for.
It's like the argument around getting backup to Robbo - yes, physically he seems robust enough to be available to play near enough every game, but the fact he played 46 games this season is less about that and more about the quality (or lack of it) providing backup in his position. Bringing in a better player than Moreno means Robbo can be rested at key times while the added competition may help drive him to even greater heights... certainly he wouldn't be starting to flag during the run-in through fatigue. However, it would be better for that backup to be able to play in other positions as well, so we can offer them at least semi-regular action throughout the season.

It isn't just the demands of Liverpool FC either, we need to bear in mind the fact that our best players are key men for their countries as well, and the likes of Mo and Sadio barely get any time off in the close season either due to international commitments. Having better quality options in the squad to give them a break can only be a good thing. I don't advocate the 'we need two world-class players for every position' argument, but there is certainly scope to add at least one quality attacker, one quality ACM and a quality full-back to the squad, particularly bearing in mind the players who are on their way out this summer.

edmund96

So besides TAA who else would be our Right Back?

RedSpikey8

IN:
Lloyd Kelly, backup for Robbo.
Ryan Sessegnon, but depends on his price. If not, Use Wilson as backup.
Nicholas Pepe, fit our system perfect and we need some depth if Salah or Mané gets injured.
Timo Werner, would offer some alternative style as a striker and could use Bobby as CAM.
De Ligt, Just because he is one hell of a defender. Too good to let go without a fight. We don't NEED him, but would be an insane addition.

OUT:
Moreno, free
Studge, free
Lallana, too injured and not good enough anymore. Love the guy, but we can do better. Sorry lad
Grujic, probably sell the lad. I believe he have a hugh potential, but can't see him get a lot of minutes.
Ojo, sell him
Woodburn, loan. Need some time on the pitch.
Curtis Jones, loan. Need some time on the pitch and a higher level than youth football.
Kent, sell him. I don't think he will ever be good enough, but like the guy.
Lovren, only sell him if we can get a better defender.
Migs, if he wants to stay as an backup, great, but if not we need to sell him and get a replacement.

Thomas1195

IN:
Lloyd Kelly, backup for Robbo.
Ryan Sessegnon, but depends on his price. If not, Use Wilson as backup.
Nicholas Pepe, fit our system perfect and we need some depth if Salah or Mané gets injured.
Timo Werner, would offer some alternative style as a striker and could use Bobby as CAM.
De Ligt, Just because he is one hell of a defender. Too good to let go without a fight. We don't NEED him, but would be an insane addition.

OUT:
Moreno, free
Studge, free
Lallana, too injured and not good enough anymore. Love the guy, but we can do better. Sorry lad
Grujic, probably sell the lad. I believe he have a hugh potential, but can't see him get a lot of minutes.
Ojo, sell him
Woodburn, loan. Need some time on the pitch.
Curtis Jones, loan. Need some time on the pitch and a higher level than youth football.
Kent, sell him. I don't think he will ever be good enough, but like the guy.
Lovren, only sell him if we can get a better defender.
Migs, if he wants to stay as an backup, great, but if not we need to sell him and get a replacement.
How about Lewis, Hoever, and Brewster? It seems that Klopp is likely to actually have plans for all of them, especially Brewster.

RedSpikey8

How about Lewis, Hoever, and Brewster? It seems that Klopp is likely to actually have plans for all of them, especially Brewster.
I don't believe they are "good enough" yet to be a part of a team who are going to challenge for the title. Would be nice to see them perform in Championship or a PL club in the bottom half. I really hope they will be a massive part of the team in the future, but don't believe they will get enough time on the pitch.. Makes more sense for me to see them perform every week on a higher level than youth football.