Who would you buy?

SirBillShankly

Proud to be HETRO.
About LB, how about Filipe Luis, and use him and Milner to bridge the gap between Robertson and Lewis.
Isn't he a bit old now? Is he athletic and dynamic enough for a Klopp full back? I have my doubts. I would prefer the young lad at Norwich, Jamal Lewis. Think he could be a nice understudy for Robertson.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I'd say Felipe Luis either goes somewhere to play regular football (maybe at slightly lower level, like Inter par example) or accepts being backup, but at a team like Barca.

MarcusBerglund

Looking at our squad - we are fine, but more can and must be done. We are not the finished article and we need to improve tha balnce in the squad.
For people withe shorter memories i will remind that between January and February we were playing with limited squad and the quality of our display visibly diminished, at that period we practically gave the chance to $ity jump over us and win the league.

Goalkeeper - Alisson - top 3 in the world in my opinion. Mignolet will be probably sold. Garbara had a very good loan spee at AGF, but he must continue his development, playing regularly in e better league /Championship or Scotland PL is the best option for me/. Kelleher will probably alo go on loan. So we will need a new GK - Adrian, Foster or something like that /cheap option that will onl;y compliment Becker/

Defence - well we must invest here. What we have - 4 central defenders in VvD, Lovren, Gomez and Matip. Problem is that Dejan, Joel and Joe are injury prone and their stats prove my words - in 3 seasons for LFC Gomez has played less than 50 games for the club /49 is the exact number/;
Dejan has played more than 25 games per season only once and Joel also has his own injury problems /last season he missed almost 2 monthe because of injuries.
But still to have those 4 covering ONLY CB is very good.
then we have the fullback situation - TAA and Robbo are easily top 3 in the world right now. Greeat assests to the team and the squad. But we will have to play close to 65 matches next season. And our game is base on energy and fullbacks are really important for Klopp and his system. Juergen needs players who are ready to run all agme and cover every single piece of grass. Ki Jana Hoever is not ready to play at the highest level, he is an option, but what happens if we lose Andy ot Trent for 2-3 months? Gomez can play as a fullback, but then we are left with only 3 central defenders and if 2 of them are injured, Klopp must use Fabinho there, but in doing so he loses his best defensive midfielder /Brighton away/.
We need solid cover for Andy and Robbo - Milner is also an option, but I still remember how Zaha tore him apart and won only thanks to their aging GK for Brazil.

Midfield - well that is the zone where Klopp will have depth and quality - Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, AOC, Lallana. Seven players for 3 positions. Gini, Hendo and Fab can play the defensive role, Milner can play anywhere in midfield and an option for full back, Keita and AOC will be like new signings after their injury troubles in 2018/2019/. Klopp even has the option to use Grujic, who had a very good season in Germany.

Forwards - Salah, Firmino, Mane, Brewster, Origi, Shaqiri. Not enough, there are doubts about Origi's future and Brewster is really inexperienced and he has zero minutes for our first team. Rhian has the potential, but will need time and patience. And Shaq did not perform at the level we needed in 2019. That's why Klopp chose to play Origi over Xherdan
Salah, Mane and Firmino will start the season without much rest. The three of them will have very long and exhausting tournamentstihjt in the summer. They are not machines and injury happen and we saw very well what happened to Bobby in the final 4-5 matches and how much we missed him. Even at the final in Madrid he wasn't the player we know a month after his injury.

So we need:

1. A second choice GK if Migs leaves /which I believe will happen/ - Adrian, Ben Foster, Bettinelli

2. At least one new player to cover both full back positions - Ryan Sessegnon, Denze Dumfries /PSV/, Guerreiro /Dortmund/, Wan-Bissaka.

3. Two more offensive signings - players who are able to play as a false 9, can play on both wings and are capable of playing as a number 10 too - Coutinho /I know he is a dream, but still can play on the left, in the middle. knows the team and the manager and is a world class player. And Klopp is famous that he gives a chance to his former players. Sahin sold to Real Madrid and then signed back for Dortmund after unsuccessful spell in Madrid/; werner - Leipzig are ready to sell and the price is good /30-35 mln. pounds. Bayern are out of the running. Timo can play as a number 9, but his speed and great acceleration make him a very good option for both wings. Rebic - a fuckin beast and a very good option to cover both Salah and Mane. Ziyech - very simlar player to Coutinho, can play anywhere in attack and his only problem is that he has never played in a better league. Neres /Ajax/, Reus /Dortmund/, Sancho /his price will be a problem, otherwise a perfect signing for Klopp and LFC/, Pepe /good option, but only for 25-30 mln. pounds/, Depay /very good player, but after last year I feel it will be hard to deal with Lyon/, Eriksen /if Levy wants wo sell foe reasonable money we must do everything possible to sign one of the best offensive players in England/.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Looking at our squad - we are fine, but more can and must be done. We are not the finished article and we need to improve tha balnce in the squad.
For people withe shorter memories i will remind that between January and February we were playing with limited squad and the quality of our display visibly diminished, at that period we practically gave the chance to $ity jump over us and win the league.

Goalkeeper - Alisson - top 3 in the world in my opinion. Mignolet will be probably sold. Garbara had a very good loan spee at AGF, but he must continue his development, playing regularly in e better league /Championship or Scotland PL is the best option for me/. Kelleher will probably alo go on loan. So we will need a new GK - Adrian, Foster or something like that /cheap option that will onl;y compliment Becker/

Defence - well we must invest here. What we have - 4 central defenders in VvD, Lovren, Gomez and Matip. Problem is that Dejan, Joel and Joe are injury prone and their stats prove my words - in 3 seasons for LFC Gomez has played less than 50 games for the club /49 is the exact number/;
Dejan has played more than 25 games per season only once and Joel also has his own injury problems /last season he missed almost 2 monthe because of injuries.
then we have the fullback situation - TAA and Robbo are easily top 3 in the world right now. Greeat assests to the team and the squad. But we will have to play close to 65 matches next season. And our game is base on energy and fullbacks are really important for Klopp and his system. Juergen needs players who are ready to run all agme and cover every single piece of grass. Ki Jana Hoever is not ready to play at the highest level, he is an option, but what happens if we lose Andy ot Trent for 2-3 months? Gomez can play as a fullback, but then we are left with only 3 central defenders and if 2 of them are injured, Klopp must use Fabinho there, but in doing so he loses his best defensive midfielder /Brighton away/.
We need solid cover for Andy and Robbo - Milner is also an option, but I still remember how Zaha tore him apart and won only thanks to their aging GK for Brazil.

Midfield - well that is the zone where Klopp will have depth and quality - Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, AOC, Lallana. Seven players for 3 positions. Gini, Hendo and Fab can play the defensive role, Milner can play anywhere in midfield and an option for full back, Keita and AOC will be like new signings after their injury troubles in 2018/2019/. Klopp even has the option to use Grujic, who had a very good season in Germany.

Forwards - Salah, Firmino, Mane, Brewster, Origi, Shaqiri. Not enough, there are doubts about Origi's future and Brewster is really inexperienced and he has zero minutes for our first team. Rhian has the potential, but will need time and patience. And Shaq did not perform at the level we needed in 2019. That's why Klopp chose to play Origi over Xherdan
Salah, Mane and Firmino will start the season without much rest. The three of them will have very long and exhausting tournamentstihjt in the summer. They are not machines and injury happen and we saw very well what happened to Bobby in the final 4-5 matches and how much we missed him. Even at the final in Madrid he wasn't the player we know a month after his injury.

So we need:

1. A second choice GK if Migs leaves /which I believe will happen/ - Adrian, Ben Foster, Bettinelli

2. At least one new player to cover both full back positions - Ryan Sessegnon, Denze Dumfries /PSV/, Guerreiro /Dortmund/, Wan-Bissaka.

3. Two more offensive signings - players who are able to play as a false 9, can play on both wings and are capable of playing as a number 10 too - Coutinho /I know he is a dream, but still can play on the left, in the middle. knows the team and the manager and is a world class player. And Klopp is famous that he gives a chance to his former players. Sahin sold to Real Madrid and then signed back for Dortmund after unsuccessful spell in Madrid/; werner - Leipzig are ready to sell and the price is good /30-35 mln. pounds. Bayern are out of the running. Timo can play as a number 9, but his speed and great acceleration make him a very good option for both wings. Rebic - a fuckin beast and a very good option to cover both Salah and Mane. Ziyech - very simlar player to Coutinho, can play anywhere in attack and his only problem is that he has never played in a better league. Neres /Ajax/, Reus /Dortmund/, Sancho /his price will be a problem, otherwise a perfect signing for Klopp and LFC/, Pepe /good option, but only for 25-30 mln. pounds/, Depay /very good player, but after last year I feel it will be hard to deal with Lyon/, Eriksen /if Levy wants wo sell foe reasonable money we must do everything possible to sign one of the best offensive players in England/.
Can’t see Coutinho being accepted back by the kop. Would need to eat a whole bakery of humble pie and even then I would doubt if Barcelona would swallow the price cut. Eriksen I can see, give us a free kick taker as well.

Flobs

FADA

So we need:

What about midfield?
Lallana has just 1 more season as far as I am concerned. Wijnaldum isn't getting any younger. So at least 1 new addition this summer appears pertinent. Mainly because finding midfielders that suit our 'Klopp' style system is far from easy (possibly why we have been moving relatively slowly here (I mean most on here have been calling for a DM for the last xxx years and we only went i for 1 last summer. I still see Wijnaldum himself as a strange signing (I mean who would have thought we would get an attacking midfielder who goes missing so often (in comparison to other squad memebers) playing so deep?
I would like to see us get in another hard working N°8.

nikz200

Right now, had to revise that list after looking at the players we released and the reports saying we won't spend a lot

1. Fekir (finish this and bring the lad to anfield, he can play multiple positions and is cheaper now than he was last season)
2. David Marshall (back up keeper, free transfer, i say why not? Kelleher is our other option who is learning every season, just in case.
3. a young not fussed , semi decent left back who might have to make the odd cup runs and such. I don't know who , even in our academy can play that position, if the plan is to bet on Milner as the back up at his advanced age and his own personal preference not to play there, i just don't see it.
4. Nicolas Pepe, for years now we have formed a good attack. For a title run, you need these types of players in abudance in order to challenge and keep the lead running. Same for competing in the local competitions without burning out our starting squad in games.

Thats about it, maybe for Pepe and Fakir its either rather than together, but these are the players we should buy to round up the squad.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Any one think we should go for ward-prowse?
Could be a good understudy to Milner. He is most of the time fit and can be a good squad player.
I'd like zaha, would be an excellent addition and will certainly push our front 3(more competition).

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I'm wondering if it is as Pearce has suggested... and that it will be a very quiet summer.

Up front: Rhian Brewster, Bobby Duncan and Paul Glatzel could be the next English sensations (ala Sancho or Hudson-Odoi) but maybe need a year more. Our youngsters might not be any worse than the new stars we are setting out to buy. Glatzel and Duncan have been fantastic.

At left-back there is Larouci (who looks fantastic but could also use an extra year). Hoever at centre back could also use an extra year. We have lots of players on the cusp of a breakout.

Thomas1195

I'm wondering if it is as Pearce has suggested... and that it will be a very quiet summer.

Up front: Rhian Brewster, Bobby Duncan and Paul Glatzel could be the next English sensations (ala Sancho or Hudson-Odoi) but maybe need a year more. Our youngsters might not be any worse than the new stars we are setting out to buy. Glatzel and Duncan have been fantastic.

At left-back there is Larouci (who looks fantastic but could also use an extra year). Hoever at centre back could also use an extra year. We have lots of players on the cusp of a breakout.
Our youth graduates were quite underused last season. I think the likes of Brewster, Lewis, Hoever, Jones will have more game time next season. Glatzel and Duncan, however, may have to wait for one more season and are likely to be loaned out.

Danny Sarge

Not good enough. Would rather we used Curtis Jones than buy a player like that.
Ward Prowse admittedly might not seem good enough now . But I guarantee no one would of expected Robertson to have improved and become probably the best player in the world in his position when we signed him from Hull.

Point being we have a manager who is arguably the best in the world at improving young players especially those who are hungry.

Sweeting

Ward Prowse admittedly might not seem good enough now . But I guarantee no one would of expected Robertson to have improved and become probably the best player in the world in his position when we signed him from Hull.

Point being we have a manager who is arguably the best in the world at improving young players especially those who are hungry.
Klopp is amazing at player development but he isn't a miracle worker

Thomas1195

Klopp is amazing at player development but he isn't a miracle worker
Ward-Prowse would have been bought long ago if he is actually talented enough for us.

On the other hand, I can see Harvey Barnes or Dwight McNeil being good youngsters to be further developed, especially when both of them are LWs.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, we're a few levels above Ward-Prowse. He's just started to find his role under Hassenhutl. Before you didn't really know what he was or where he could be a starter in relation to the team's formation. Not a dangerous enough wide player or a #10, not strong enough to play in a double pivot midfield. Perhaps best suited to play in a midfield consisting of multiple players, be it 3 or that cage of 4 when Saints play 3 at the back. Quality set piece delivery, good passer and hard working character, but he should now target further development (perhaps not a high ceiling) under Ralph. If we're eyeing a new midfielder (and I also think more and more that we might keep Lallana for one more season) it should be either someone more dangerous of with a higher ceiling.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

Let him do that with Jones then.

Flobs

FADA

Robertson was very noticeable when at Hull (the only player I did notice when he was there) Ward Prowse is not noticeable at Southampton. I would be very surprised if our analysts have picked up on him.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Was quality in the CL. But what is his best position and where would he fit in at Liverpool?
He's young, he scores goals from the midfield and he's a hard worker. He would be very useful, even as an option from the bench

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Donny van de Beek.
De Ligt, Bergwign and Depay are names often mentioned in here but I thought they were all unimpressive.

Van De Beek looks a good player though, and probably should be starting for this Dutch side. Does he have it in him to be a box to box player? The one thing that puts me off him is the resemblance to Davy Klassen.

treboeth

De Ligt, Bergwign and Depay are names often mentioned in here but I thought they were all unimpressive.

Van De Beek looks a good player though, and probably should be starting for this Dutch side. Does he have it in him to be a box to box player? The one thing that puts me off him is the resemblance to Davy Klassen.
Koeman as a coach, unimpressive players are hardly surprising.

Add a little of Formula Klopp and

jackh1092

Quite surprised VDB didn't start F9 and Depay off of the left instead of Babel tbh!

Don't think any of them look likely to be up to improve our side right now tbh.

liver1

The first priority has to be to replace Sturridge. It has to be someone who can come in for Firmino if hes injured or out of form, and we have confidence in them playing 10 games in a row if necessary.

Ideally it would be someone who could play across the front 3 because Mane, Firmino, Salah really do need a rest sometimes.

It would be good if we could create a situation like our midfield where it doesnt matter what combination we choose , the machine keeps on working as normal.

Anfield rd Dreamer

The first priority has to be to replace Sturridge. It has to be someone who can come in for Firmino if hes injured or out of form, and we have confidence in them playing 10 games in a row if necessary.

Ideally it would be someone who could play across the front 3 because Mane, Firmino, Salah really do need a rest sometimes.

It would be good if we could create a situation like our midfield where it doesnt matter what combination we choose , the machine keeps on working as normal.
Mane is the best back up for Firmino we could probably have next season. So we need a forward that is mostly a fit on the left so Mane can be rested, play CF whilst Firmino is rested or on the right so Salah can be rested.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, since Shaqiri (if he's not leaving) covers only the right side, we're more in a need for a player who can cover the left. Origi, Ox and Brewster(?) can do it on paper, but it's not really their best positions.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I wonder if we might renew our interest in Inaki Williams or is he potentially too similar to Origi? Probably better through the middle as well which Brewster might be the main option for in competition with Origi next season.

Also, anyone know what's going on with Julian Weigl? He seems to have fallen out of favour at Dortmund and yet not so long ago he was highly coveted. Similar, in a way, to Neves and not sure either of them would fit us but I guess Guardiola will be looking to add players in that position.

When revisiting old links I was amazed that Iker Muniain was still only 26. And no, no I wouldn't have him here.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Weigl's gone off the radar a bit, yes. Dortmund play a double-pivot now under Favre, we'll see if they change it next season with the new attacking signings. Saw him cover at CB in some games. We'll see if he manages to kick on with his career and end up at the top level. Pep apparently wants Rodri from Atletico for that holding role. Inaki Williams is perhaps more comparable to someone like Werner. More raw pace, less hard working/goalscoring nous I'd say. Either plays up top or on the right, not so much on the left.