• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

wibseyred

What about Max Aaron at Norwich. The young RB can play at LB aswell. Perfect for the bench and rotation,covering both sides?
Next year once they are back in the championship after a full year in the premier league makes more sense. Hes not going to go from playing every week in the premier league to warming the bench.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
I don’t think we’re in for him, but he’d be a fool to go to PSG. There is absolutely no growth for him there, in a one team league where they will be completely untested in the majority of fixtures.
Not sure. Let's say he becomes a good CB instead of a great one, or he does his knee in. Will he ever get a chance to earn that much money again? No.

He will win the French league, get a run at the champions league year after year, and will be young enough to play somewhere else by the time he is 24/25. I know the French league is frowned on, but good lord. I disagree about the growth. If nothing else, there are a few good teams, and he will practice against good players each week. It will be more beneficial than sitting on Barca's bench or muddling about in mediocrity for United.

The atmosphere may not be the best at the club with players like Neymar on permanent vacations, but you have to trust a kid that was a captain of a champions league semi finalist at 19 years old.

Nur der BvB09

Tbf at the beginning i got hope Klopp ll do at LFC the same as he did at Borussia. But the demands here don`t allow that much time to have in disposal . Anyway i d LOVE to see accademy Players stepping up instead of De Fuck Light whatsoever. The accademy Players hit the groung for us hopping one day they come to the first Team and not been a springboard to other Teams.t. I don t get that. First our Young Lads!! TAA and Gomes are the best examples we could get. I hope for the sake of our Young Lads Klopp ll back them more then until now.
p.s. as for the missis Team here is a Young miss with a big fancore and very talented as well :celebrating:

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Isn't it beautiful to know whoever we sign will be just what we need? It's so damn good that we can just relax and trust Edwards and Klopp to bring in just the right players.

jackh1092

Outside shout, but Dani Ceballos was always linked to LFC, and i wonder with him having gone stale at Madrid, would we look to get him on the cheap? Would add something, and also offer us a potential new "Coutinho" type prospect/opportunity. Yes we probably have outgrown these deals normally, but Madrid need to clearout + we know we still follow targets that we missed previously when moving elsewhere.

StevenAlonso

If Asensio is made available i would definitely think we would buy him..He would cost around 70-80 million pound - a Coutinho kind of a player, is young, decent pace, tight game and has the flair..Think Klopp also rates him highly and will suit our style of play..

Dave-D

Bournemouth are only after 30 million for Fraser that’s only 5 million more than Solanke cost them. I’d be happy if Liverpool signed him for that as I don’t think he’d have a problem settling in on the LW as he’d have his international teammate behind him.

Chrenyan

As in any purchasing decision, there's what's on the market, and there's what we actually need - so far Liverpool have done an excellent job matching our needs to what's available on the market.

At present, we don't really need a central defender. Unless we sell Lovren, we should keep what we have, and even if we do sell him, I'm not sure we should go for de Ligt simply because he's available. If his wages will be destructive to the team ethic Klopp has so painstakingly built, we should find someone else. Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez are 3 excellent options for 2 positions - if they can stay injury-free. The fourth option can be someone other than de Ligt. And who knows? Klopp might well see Nathaniel Phillips or Conor Masterson as able to make the step up, in time.

So where does the squad need strengthening? We already have a left-footed winger who can cover for Salah - Shaqiri. We also have cover for a striker - Origi - and from what Klopp has been saying Brewster is next in line. Our midfield, between Keita, Henderson, Fabinho, Ox, Wijnaldum, Milner and Lallana seems quite well-stocked - maybe even overstocked. The only issue might be cover for Fabinho.

It seems to me, therefore, that our pressing needs are cover for Sadio Mane, and cover at fullback following the departures of Moreno and Clyne - in that order, since the aforementioned Milner is well able to cover the fullback position(s) if push comes to shove, as we saw in the most memorable match of 2018/19.

Looking at a list of possibly available forward-right attackers, I think the best option would be Leroy Sane. City, of course, will never sell him to us. But rumour has it that they could sell him to Bayern Munich. If they do, I think we should put in a bid for Kingsley Coman. He is the right age (turned 23 a couple of days ago), he is used to playing at the top level, he is averaging 0.95 goals and/or assists every 90 minutes, and, after what we did to them last season and what we went on to do, he might just be willing to swap Bayern's bench for ours. A possible alternative to Coman might be Steven Bergwijn, but I wonder about the competitiveness of the Eredivisie and whether players can make a successful move into the Premier League (and I really puzzle over how Liverpool's physicists address this issue in their models, because they called it right on Salah and he was from a much slower and perhaps less physical league).

As for cover for left back - I really can't see further than Sessegnon. He's coming from a relegated club, and Liverpool has bought one player from a relegated club the last three summers. But maybe we need someone who can cover both fullback positions in a bind? Or maybe Joe Gomez (or Fabinho) can cover right-back.

The long and short is, we might not do much business. But - for the first time in a long time - we really don't need to.

PS

Whisper it, but it is quite possible that City will need to replace a number of good players either this summer or next. Fernandinho is 34. Kompany has left, and he was 33 anyway. Silva is also 33. Aguero is 31. On top of that, there's buying a player, and then there's gelling them with the rest of the team. Our oldest players are Milner, 33, who is still as fit as anybody, Lallana, who's 31 and Lovren, who will be 30 soon, and might be on his way. The core of the squad is quite young. Just goes to show what a really phenomenal job the Liverpool hierarchy have done in building a squad - this lot could well be together for half a decade.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
As in any purchasing decision, there's what's on the market, and there's what we actually need - so far Liverpool have done an excellent job matching our needs to what's available on the market.

At present, we don't really need a central defender. Unless we sell Lovren, we should keep what we have, and even if we do sell him, I'm not sure we should go for de Ligt simply because he's available. If his wages will be destructive to the team ethic Klopp has so painstakingly built, we should find someone else. Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez are 3 excellent options for 2 positions - if they can stay injury-free. The fourth option can be someone other than de Ligt. And who knows? Klopp might well see Nathaniel Phillips or Conor Masterson as able to make the step up, in time.

So where does the squad need strengthening? We already have a left-footed winger who can cover for Salah - Shaqiri. We also have cover for a striker - Origi - and from what Klopp has been saying Brewster is next in line. Our midfield, between Keita, Henderson, Fabinho, Ox, Wijnaldum, Milner and Lallana seems quite well-stocked - maybe even overstocked. The only issue might be cover for Fabinho.

It seems to me, therefore, that our pressing needs are cover for Sadio Mane, and cover at fullback following the departures of Moreno and Clyne - in that order, since the aforementioned Milner is well able to cover the fullback position(s) if push comes to shove, as we saw in the most memorable match of 2018/19.

Looking at a list of possibly available forward-right attackers, I think the best option would be Leroy Sane. City, of course, will never sell him to us. But rumour has it that they could sell him to Bayern Munich. If they do, I think we should put in a bid for Kingsley Coman. He is the right age (turned 23 a couple of days ago), he is used to playing at the top level, he is averaging 0.95 goals and/or assists every 90 minutes, and, after what we did to them last season and what we went on to do, he might just be willing to swap Bayern's bench for ours. A possible alternative to Coman might be Steven Bergwijn, but I wonder about the competitiveness of the Eredivisie and whether players can make a successful move into the Premier League (and I really puzzle over how Liverpool's physicists address this issue in their models, because they called it right on Salah and he was from a much slower and perhaps less physical league).

As for cover for left back - I really can't see further than Sessegnon. He's coming from a relegated club, and Liverpool has bought one player from a relegated club the last three summers. But maybe we need someone who can cover both fullback positions in a bind? Or maybe Joe Gomez (or Fabinho) can cover right-back.

The long and short is, we might not do much business. But - for the first time in a long time - we really don't need to.

PS

Whisper it, but it is quite possible that City will need to replace a number of good players either this summer or next. Fernandinho is 34. Kompany has left, and he was 33 anyway. Silva is also 33. Aguero is 31. On top of that, there's buying a player, and then there's gelling them with the rest of the team. Our oldest players are Milner, 33, who is still as fit as anybody, Lallana, who's 31 and Lovren, who will be 30 soon, and might be on his way. The core of the squad is quite young. Just goes to show what a really phenomenal job the Liverpool hierarchy have done in building a squad - this lot could well be together for half a decade.
Not wanting to detract from an otherwise solid post, but Masterson has just been released from the club.

lfc.8

Improving the midfield is a must as well as another top forward. We need more strength to change a game as well as for rotation and injury cover.

As for players, Ndombele plus one of Coutinho, Aouar, Havertz or Fernandes plus one of Sancho or Pepe. Sign three of the aforementioned players and we should be looking good to compete once more for the top trophies with more quality in depth.

Coutinho while not having his best season remains a top player. The rest are all young and will only improve. Looking further ideally another fullback and centre back. The club needs to invest though and look to more round out this squad.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I see people are going full FIFA Manager mode in here again.

Real Madrid won the CL three years in a row with more or less the same starting11. Most of their transfers during that time were flops.

In that context I also have to mention Spurs. Reached the CL final + the Top4 again without spending.

We have a very good squad but more importantly we have room for improvement from within. Many players who still did not reached their full potential (TAA, Gomez, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Origi) and the Academy Players of course.

So please stop the ridiculous dreams about Mbappe, Coutinho, Sancho...

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I see people are going full FIFA Manager mode in here again.

Real Madrid won the CL three years in a row with more or less the same starting11. Most of their transfers during that time were flops.

In that context I also have to mention Spurs. Reached the CL final + the Top4 again without spending.

We have a very good squad but more importantly we have room for improvement from within. Many players who still did not reached their full potential (TAA, Gomez, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Origi) and the Academy Players of course.

So please stop the ridiculous dreams about Mbappe, Coutinho, Sancho...
Sorry remind me who you are again? Maybe cut out the weird attitude?