• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

treboeth

There's been mention by John Aldridge saying Coutinho could be on his way back to us. I can't see it myself. The transfer fee would be a sticking point with us and how happy would Coutinho be about coming back here. It's all very questionable.
John Aldridge doesn't want Liverpool to blow budget on Philippe Coutinho

Doesn`t seem in favour of his return :think:

RedForever2014

Clyne was great value for money for the quality and experience he brought.
He makes 70k per week more than what robertson and trent did despite having less game time. Yet when he came on against man united, he looked like he's been playing all season. Explain that.

Versatility is something we should be expect from the experienced pros in the squad. Lallana and Ox will have to up their game either as midfielders and/or wingers to get in the team. Origi had to do this as a striker in the pending exit of sturridge.
It's interesting you mention Clyne, as he's an example of a player that eventually broke down through overuse. We should learn from that with VVD and Bobby.

In any case, I didn't cite Clyne as a player without the required quality to come into the side when required.

Defensively Clyne is a similar level to TAA, it's his lack of offensive output that limits his game time.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
John Aldridge doesn't want Liverpool to blow budget on Philippe Coutinho

Doesn`t seem in favour of his return :think:
Hmm, so I wonder who put it about that Aldo was mentioning it? Obviously someone who doesn't like him. I wonder if he has a doppelgänger, a lookylikey over in the Bitters side of town? Cheers @treboeth you've saved a lot of egg hitting my face. :eh?:

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I’d go for Tierney. Plays right back for Scotland and left back for Celtic. Is young.
Could be like a Dennis Irwin type player and would get more than a fair share of games.
For 15 - 20m I would be happy with that.

And personally I would still be happy with Zaha. Knows the premier league. Is direct and pacey. Under klopp I think he could really flourish.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Clyne was great value for money for the quality and experience he brought.
He makes 70k per week more than what robertson and trent did despite having less game time. Yet when he came on against man united, he looked like he's been playing all season. Explain that.

Versatility is something we should be expect from the experienced pros in the squad. Lallana and Ox will have to up their game either as midfielders and/or wingers to get in the team. Origi had to do this as a striker in the pending exit of sturridge.
? Clyne's on less than Trent and Robertson.

It's interesting you mention Clyne, as he's an example of a player that eventually broke down through overuse. We should learn from that with VVD and Bobby.

In any case, I didn't cite Clyne as a player without the required quality to come into the side when required.

Defensively Clyne is a similar level to TAA, it's his lack of offensive output that limits his game time.
When? Last year maybe. Trent's better than Clyne in every department now, including defensively.

SadiosMio

Twitter dogs are barking that Bruno Fernandes is a likely signing.

from 1-10 how happy would you be + why??
IDK but it's a 10 for a fan podcast getting itself noticed with a rumor out of nothing. Such is twatter.

We know the player is interested. Very. Less clear if the club is. Agent and club likely leaking to media to spur action, this podcast account is likely just repeating that. Add siren emojis and stir to desired inconsistency.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I’d go for Tierney. Plays right back for Scotland and left back for Celtic. Is young.
Could be like a Dennis Irwin type player and would get more than a fair share of games.
For 15 - 20m I would be happy with that.

And personally I would still be happy with Zaha. Knows the premier league. Is direct and pacey. Under klopp I think he could really flourish.
Tierney would be a cracking player to have. Has played CB for Scotland to. I hope we are looking at him. Wouldn't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Would be VERY interesting to see how Jürgen would develop Zaha.I don't think we'll go for him though. Reckon we will be after someone like Havertz or Aouar.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
It didn't work with Sturridge, yes. Said the last period in Madrid. That wasn't good enough, the rest of the match we were completely fine.
Expecting Salah to defend in Madrid , what ever happened to catching them off guard and team tactics. It's Salah with the quick speed remember , getting him to defense would only help Tottenham get one more body into liverpools half.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
I've been watching a lot of the Copa America this year, and there is a player from Brazil who has impressed me immensely. His name is Everton and he plays wide on the left and cuts in on his right. He reminds me of Mane in terms of his playing style. He plays for Gremio in Brazil and is likely to be far cheaper than Neres or Pepe who we've also been linked with. The only downside is his name.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I've been watching a lot of the Copa America this year, and there is a player from Brazil who has impressed me immensely. His name is Everton and he plays wide on the left and cuts in on his right. He reminds me of Mane in terms of his playing style. He plays for Gremio in Brazil and is likely to be far cheaper than Neres or Pepe who we've also been linked with. The only downside is his name.
What's the downside

Liverpool buys everton for 30m

Everton goal sinks everton

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
We were linked with him last year I think.

Think work permit would be the first problem.

His name the second.

richieh10

Hahaha who is getting a Liverpool shirt with Everton on the back then! That would be funny as fuck to see though!

In all
Honesty do you reckon that the blokes name would put the club off signing him.... even if he was world class???

jackh1092

Think i've said this before but Dani Ceballos would be a nice signing for us. Plenty of ability to unleash = plenty of upside.

jackh1092

Transfer odds are one of the single worst things in history. But as the twitter fanboys have just pointed it out, i may as well also: Betfair + PP are 1/9 for Bruno Fernandes to sign for LFC. Betvictor 5/2.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Hahaha who is getting a Liverpool shirt with Everton on the back then! That would be funny as fuck to see though!

In all
Honesty do you reckon that the blokes name would put the club off signing him.... even if he was world class???
No I don't think it would put the club off and agree it would be funny as fuck. Less funny if he makes a horrible mistake which costs us a final. You can just see the headline now.

"Everton denies Liverpool FA Cup Final Triumph"

Some links below to give you an idea on his style as well as his Copa America goal against Peru.

William Clarke

No I don't think it would put the club off and agree it would be funny as fuck. Less funny if he makes a horrible mistake which costs us a final. You can just see the headline now.

"Everton denies Liverpool FA Cup Final Triumph"

Some links below to give you an idea on his style as well as his Copa America goal against Peru.

This Bitter -- I mean Everton feller, he seems to have decent ball control, but what were the quality of the players up against him? If they are only second or third rate, then he would look like a million dollars.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
This Bitter -- I mean Everton feller, he seems to have decent ball control, but what were the quality of the players up against him? If they are only second or third rate, then he would look like a million dollars.
Fair point. Bolivia who arent much chop, Venezuela and Peru. The later who are fairly solid.

That said. The likes of Firmino and Coutinho struggled against the same opponents.

William Clarke

Fair point. Bolivia who arent much chop, Venezuela and Peru. The later who are fairly solid.

That said. The likes of Firmino and Coutinho struggled against the same opponents.
I must admit to having not watched any of the Copa America matches, so I will go along with what you say. Do you think he's good enough to play for us and how much do you think he's worth us spending on him if we decided to buy?

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

I must admit to having not watched any of the Copa America matches, so I will go along with what you say. Do you think he's good enough to play for us and how much do you think he's worth us spending on him if we decided to buy?
William this is not real life. You must log out and go and get some fresh air. Unless you really are thinking of clubbing together with belldiouf to go and buy Everton???

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
I think we are at a bit of a turning point in world football. It may be post Madrid hype, but I genuinely believe Liverpool and Man City are on the brink of becoming the two most dominate clubs in world football. Much like Madrid and Barcelona have been for some time.

For that reason, I think we should be looking at world class players with huge fees to fill out the squad and assert some dominance. I'm not sure Everton fits that description, but he looks a real prospect and would be a solid back up to Mane and Salah. He would have a good group of Brazilians around him to help him settle as well. I have no idea how much he is worth, but I would expect an extra 10million would be slapped on him simply because we are Liverpool. Transfer market has him at 20 million Euros.

As a half Uruguayan, I love the Copa. I also like the look of Maxi Gomez from Uruguay, but he wont feature much with Suarez and Cavani ahead of him. He is more of an out and out striker. Imagine a muscular Peter Crouch and that's your guy. Great on the deck and in the air. Has a bit of mongrel in him as well.

William Clarke

William this is not real life. You must log out and go and get some fresh air. Unless you really are thinking of clubbing together with belldiouf to go and buy Everton???
Ha, I couldn't afford to even buy him his socks. I could maybe supply him with a couple of lassy bands to keep up the socks he already has. I can lay my hands on loads of them after our postie chucks them away after delivering small packages.

Claymenza

What you say about Clyne is true, but a failing that a lot of people attribute to him is that, unlike Robbo and Trent, he's not very good at crossing the ball into the box as our fullbacks do now.
This is by intent. Rodgers did not fancy his full backs launching the ball from the flanks as much as he prefers passing the ball on the deck which Clyne is more accustomed to.

Trent's ball playing ability is what's getting him in the team, not that he is bad at defending. Clyne is a pure defender. Although I do feel like blooding trent for two years was worth the return of investment. i'm just wondering at what point do we realise that 50 games is too much for a 20 year old.

I rather have Clyne as a stand in for robertson and trent than milner being a stand-in. Again I feel klopp finds one thing lacking from clyne as a full back that he's willing to see out other options.

I wouldn't be against signing a two footed full back like Arbeloa who eventually became a mainstay.

William Clarke

This is by intent. Rodgers did not fancy his full backs launching the ball from the flanks as much as he prefers passing the ball on the deck which Clyne is more accustomed to.

Trent's ball playing ability is what's getting him in the team, not that he is bad at defending. Clyne is a pure defender. Although I do feel like blooding trent for two years was worth the return of investment. i'm just wondering at what point do we realise that 50 games is too much for a 20 year old.

I rather have Clyne as a stand in for robertson and trent than milner being a stand-in. Again I feel klopp finds one thing lacking from clyne as a full back that he's willing to see out other options.

I wouldn't be against signing a two footed full back like Arbeloa who eventually became a mainstay.
Yeah, or maybe someone who can play in two or three defensive positions. I have no idea what player is out there who could fill those requirements, but Jürgen loves players who can cover more than one position.