• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

SadiosMio

This Bitter -- I mean Everton feller, he seems to have decent ball control, but what were the quality of the players up against him? If they are only second or third rate, then he would look like a million dollars.
If I'm Liverpool and spending on a player in Brazil, it's Joao Pedro from Fluminense. Probably no hurry to make that deal though considering it would probably be rodrygo money or more.

Dave-D

Moreno leaving means we're in the market for a left back although i'd like to see someone who's not as one footed get a chance at it.

I like the fact that gomez could fill in on both flanks, but i prefer him in the middle.
Moreno’s right leg was for standing on only nothing more lol

Gomez is a CB in my eyes who can if needs must play RB but don’t want him having to play LB

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
No I don't think it would put the club off and agree it would be funny as fuck. Less funny if he makes a horrible mistake which costs us a final. You can just see the headline now.

"Everton denies Liverpool FA Cup Final Triumph"

Some links below to give you an idea on his style as well as his Copa America goal against Peru.

I've spoken about him on this forum a few months ago. Everton is a beast. He could be an amazing Mané V2. He is way too good. In fact, when you are the best player on the pitch for the past 2 matches and the likes of Coutinho, Firmino and Arthur are also on the pitch, you must be very good.

About his name, I bet Klopp wouldn't give a f* about it, but could be called Soares or by his nickname, Little Onion.

_
There's a nice piece on him here:

Grêmio want €40m, which is nothing in terms of what Liverpool could spend and how good Everton is.
_
About João Pedro, we will have to see. He is just 17 year old, but looks very, very impressive. I doubt Watford will be able to land him.

Just like I spoke about the likes of Paquetá, Arthur and Everton a few months/years ago, people should also pay attention to Bruno Guimarães, Jean Pyerre, Matheus Henrique and João Pedro. They all look incredibly promissing.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I've spoken about him on this forum a few months ago. Everton is a beast. He could be an amazing Mané V2. He is way too good. In fact, when you are the best player on the pitch for the past 2 matches and the likes of Coutinho, Firmino and Arthur are also on the pitch, you must be very good.

About his name, I bet Klopp wouldn't give a f* about it, but could be called Soares or by his nickname, Little Onion.

_
There's a nice piece on him here:

Grêmio want €40m, which is nothing in terms of what Liverpool could spend and how good Everton is.
_
About João Pedro, we will have to see. He is just 17 year old, but looks very, very impressive. I doubt Watford will be able to land him.
What about a work permit?

Koon

What about a work permit?
I might be wrong, but I think he has more international games than Richarlison before he join Everton (the club, lol), so maybe he could be endorsed (I guess it's like 75% of the last matches in a year or two?). I don't think it would be an issue, especially because City were looking for him a few months ago and according to a reliable Brazilian source (who broke the Alisson to Liverpool transfer before everyone) they were confident he could receive a work permit.

The club who will buy him must know better of course, but if there's a good chance, we should go for him 100%. We have already lost Arthur, Paquetá (the perfect number 8 in Klopp's setup), and as things stand, we might lose Everton too.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I've liked him for a couple of years now but I've only just seen that Ryan Fraser had more assists in the league last year (14) than anyone apart from Hazard (15).

I think he could be a really useful (Shaqiri but on the left type) signing. He also works hard, covering more ground last season than any Liverpool player (Robertson being the highest) and the 11th most overall.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I've liked him for a couple of years now but I've only just seen that Ryan Fraser had more assists in the league last year (14) than anyone apart from Hazard (15).

I think he could be a really useful (Shaqiri but on the left type) signing. He also works hard, covering more ground last season than any Liverpool player (Robertson being the highest) and the 11th most overall.
Also one year left on his contract.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies

Thank God the source is bad, I'd hate seeing him playing for City. Was offered to Napoli too.

Come on, LFC.
If we were to buy this guy then I wouldn't get too attached to him because he seems the sort that would be attracted / attractive to RM and Barca. If he came to us and turned out to be as good as Suarez or Coutinho then we'd probably be making a big profit 2 or 3 years from now. I'm not saying that just because he's from South America, but he seems to be a more spectacular player than say Firmino or Fabhino and so would probably catch the eye more.

jaffod

That Ben Shepherd fella who plays in the charity matches has got to be worth a punt. Can come on and help see the game out if we're 1 up with 10 minutes to go.
Really like him on 'Tipping Point' too, especially when he gets all 'touchy feely' at the end, the soft cunt.

Koon

If we were to buy this guy then I wouldn't get too attached to him because he seems the sort that would be attracted / attractive to RM and Barca. If he came to us and turned out to be as good as Suarez or Coutinho then we'd probably be making a big profit 2 or 3 years from now. I'm not saying that just because he's from South America, but he seems to be a more spectacular player than say Firmino or Fabhino and so would probably catch the eye more.
Well, tbh I think he has never spoken about going to Real Madrid/Barcelona or whatever. He always speaks about going to a big european club and we fit the bill. Also, I think we are in a new reality at this moment. WE are the end club, we will lift trophies for a few years and everybody wants to play for Liverpool. Things are changing, imo. EPL is the best league in the world, there's a fair amount of Brazilians too. Bear in mind that there's no more Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romário or Ronaldinho playing in Spain and we used to watch Spanish football (Real Madrid/Barcelona) because of them.

Funny thing there's a Brazilian player called Jean Pyerre, who I think will be the next biggest Brazilian number 8 and he simply LOVES Liverpool. He said in an interview that if he were to choose, he would go for Liverpool because he loves our playstyle and he is a big fan of Firmino and Klopp. Too bad though he is kinda of an Ozil style, amazing technique, ridiculous vision, long range pass, he could pass the ball where he wants the way he wants, but he is not very intense defending. It's not like he is not hardworking, he tries too be, but let's say he would fit a possession team a little bit more. Would be perfect for a tiki-taka style. But he loves Liverpool, watches games and stuff like that.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Well, tbh I think he has never spoken about going to Real Madrid/Barcelona or whatever. He always speaks about going to a big european club and we fit the bill. Also, I think we are in a new reality at this moment. WE are the end club, we will lift trophies for a few years and everybody wants to play for Liverpool. Things are changing, imo. EPL is the best league in the world, there's a fair amount of Brazilians too. Bear in mind that there's no more Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romário or Ronaldinho playing in Spain and we used to watch Spanish football (Real Madrid/Barcelona) because of them.

Funny thing there's a Brazilian player called Jean Pyerre, who I think will be the next biggest Brazilian number 8 and he simply LOVES Liverpool. He said in an interview that if he were to choose, he would go for Liverpool because he loves our playstyle and he is a big fan of Firmino and Klopp. Too bad though he is kinda of an Ozil style, amazing technique, ridiculous vision, long range pass, he could pass the ball where he wants the way he wants, but he is not very intense defending. It's not like he is not hardworking, he tries too be, but let's say he would fit a possession team a little bit more. Would be perfect for a tiki-taka style. But he loves Liverpool, watches games and stuff like that.
That would be nice to believe, but I don't think we are there yet. You can't say "we are the end club" and then say "lift trophies for a few years and everybody wants to play for Liverpool". Right now only the second part of that is true. Win the PL and maybe win the CL again and then we start to be seen as being on a level footing with RM and Barca.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Not sure about that. But if there are any concerns over who scored, Kane will be claiming it. For sure.
Kane, the poor lamb, still taking stick for being a conniving, greedy and, some might say, cheating barsteward. Upshot was, he still didn't win the golden boot -- SAD SACK.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Its a fair point, we probably have the most concentrated group of top tier Brazilian footballers in Europe, play lovely football, are winning things, so you can understand why we are becoming a very very attractive destination.

I really hope we continue to use it to attract the best samba stars.