• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I've liked him for a couple of years now but I've only just seen that Ryan Fraser had more assists in the league last year (14) than anyone apart from Hazard (15).

I think he could be a really useful (Shaqiri but on the left type) signing. He also works hard, covering more ground last season than any Liverpool player (Robertson being the highest) and the 11th most overall.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I've liked him for a couple of years now but I've only just seen that Ryan Fraser had more assists in the league last year (14) than anyone apart from Hazard (15).

I think he could be a really useful (Shaqiri but on the left type) signing. He also works hard, covering more ground last season than any Liverpool player (Robertson being the highest) and the 11th most overall.
Also one year left on his contract.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies

Thank God the source is bad, I'd hate seeing him playing for City. Was offered to Napoli too.

Come on, LFC.
If we were to buy this guy then I wouldn't get too attached to him because he seems the sort that would be attracted / attractive to RM and Barca. If he came to us and turned out to be as good as Suarez or Coutinho then we'd probably be making a big profit 2 or 3 years from now. I'm not saying that just because he's from South America, but he seems to be a more spectacular player than say Firmino or Fabhino and so would probably catch the eye more.

jaffod

That Ben Shepherd fella who plays in the charity matches has got to be worth a punt. Can come on and help see the game out if we're 1 up with 10 minutes to go.
Really like him on 'Tipping Point' too, especially when he gets all 'touchy feely' at the end, the soft cunt.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
If we were to buy this guy then I wouldn't get too attached to him because he seems the sort that would be attracted / attractive to RM and Barca. If he came to us and turned out to be as good as Suarez or Coutinho then we'd probably be making a big profit 2 or 3 years from now. I'm not saying that just because he's from South America, but he seems to be a more spectacular player than say Firmino or Fabhino and so would probably catch the eye more.
Well, tbh I think he has never spoken about going to Real Madrid/Barcelona or whatever. He always speaks about going to a big european club and we fit the bill. Also, I think we are in a new reality at this moment. WE are the end club, we will lift trophies for a few years and everybody wants to play for Liverpool. Things are changing, imo. EPL is the best league in the world, there's a fair amount of Brazilians too. Bear in mind that there's no more Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romário or Ronaldinho playing in Spain and we used to watch Spanish football (Real Madrid/Barcelona) because of them.

Funny thing there's a Brazilian player called Jean Pyerre, who I think will be the next biggest Brazilian number 8 and he simply LOVES Liverpool. He said in an interview that if he were to choose, he would go for Liverpool because he loves our playstyle and he is a big fan of Firmino and Klopp. Too bad though he is kinda of an Ozil style, amazing technique, ridiculous vision, long range pass, he could pass the ball where he wants the way he wants, but he is not very intense defending. It's not like he is not hardworking, he tries too be, but let's say he would fit a possession team a little bit more. Would be perfect for a tiki-taka style. But he loves Liverpool, watches games and stuff like that.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Well, tbh I think he has never spoken about going to Real Madrid/Barcelona or whatever. He always speaks about going to a big european club and we fit the bill. Also, I think we are in a new reality at this moment. WE are the end club, we will lift trophies for a few years and everybody wants to play for Liverpool. Things are changing, imo. EPL is the best league in the world, there's a fair amount of Brazilians too. Bear in mind that there's no more Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romário or Ronaldinho playing in Spain and we used to watch Spanish football (Real Madrid/Barcelona) because of them.

Funny thing there's a Brazilian player called Jean Pyerre, who I think will be the next biggest Brazilian number 8 and he simply LOVES Liverpool. He said in an interview that if he were to choose, he would go for Liverpool because he loves our playstyle and he is a big fan of Firmino and Klopp. Too bad though he is kinda of an Ozil style, amazing technique, ridiculous vision, long range pass, he could pass the ball where he wants the way he wants, but he is not very intense defending. It's not like he is not hardworking, he tries too be, but let's say he would fit a possession team a little bit more. Would be perfect for a tiki-taka style. But he loves Liverpool, watches games and stuff like that.
That would be nice to believe, but I don't think we are there yet. You can't say "we are the end club" and then say "lift trophies for a few years and everybody wants to play for Liverpool". Right now only the second part of that is true. Win the PL and maybe win the CL again and then we start to be seen as being on a level footing with RM and Barca.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Not sure about that. But if there are any concerns over who scored, Kane will be claiming it. For sure.
Kane, the poor lamb, still taking stick for being a conniving, greedy and, some might say, cheating barsteward. Upshot was, he still didn't win the golden boot -- SAD SACK.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Its a fair point, we probably have the most concentrated group of top tier Brazilian footballers in Europe, play lovely football, are winning things, so you can understand why we are becoming a very very attractive destination.

I really hope we continue to use it to attract the best samba stars.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Just out of interest, with Rashford out of contract next summer, if he doesn't sign a new deal, would you sign him for Liverpool (assuming he would accept a wage in line with the club)?

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'd have Rashford at Liverpool in a heartbeat, I never hid that. We as fans tend to belittle him and other Man United players as it is our default setting but he really is something special. It was just a matter of time before Solskjaer recognised that Rashford was much more suitable to build a team around than Lukaku, it's only natural that they want to make him a key part of their side. That said, 250K per week... He's a generational talent, at least in England, but that's too much for a 21-year old, no matter how good he is.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
I'd have Rashford at Liverpool in a heartbeat, I never hid that. We as fans tend to belittle him and other Man United players as it is our default setting but he really is something special. It was just a matter of time before Solskjaer recognised that Rashford was much more suitable to build a team around than Lukaku, it's only natural that they want to make him a key part of their side. That said, 250K per week... He's a generational talent, at least in England, but that's too much for a 21-year old, no matter how good he is.

So apparently its 300k a week :shocked:, but yeah I'd have him here no problem , I'd have Martial also. I just think it's crazy money for a hugely inconsistent player as talented as he is, he has so much to work on. When you consider that Mo is on 200k and VVD possibly the next Ballon D'Or winner even less it's just another sign of how well run we are and how much better value we get even in terms of wages.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Just out of interest, with Rashford out of contract next summer, if he doesn't sign a new deal, would you sign him for Liverpool (assuming he would accept a wage in line with the club)?
It would never happen. There's an impenetrable wall between the transferring of players of Manure and us, which is just as thick as the one dividing us from the Bitters. It takes a really strong-willed player to go against the beliefs and wishes of their club's supporters.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Not sure I agree that Rashford is a generational talent (he's good but not quite that level) or that £250k/week is too much for a 21yr old regardless of how good they are (Mbappe's worth paying that and he's 20*).

If we didn't have Brewster I'd happily take Rashford on a free. He's a good player, versatile, quick, direct, got potential for further improvement and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Taking a rare youth player to break through at United for nothing would also be pretty satisfying.

*Nobody's actually worth that but this is the obscene world of football