• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Who would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red over the water

Wide forward, left back, not sure on midfielder as Fabinho up to speed and presumably we’ll see more of Keita and Ox than last season. I’m sure there will be more deals to come, and/or I’m sure we have excellent youngsters we are trying to bring through. I trust Jurgen and his team on all of that. Recruitment has been very good and bringing players though has too.

As for the seven fronts thing, I agree, to a point. There are four main trophies, and two of them are massively more important than the other two. The remaining three are glorified friendlies, and/or competitions that last only a game or two. Bragging rights and trophies are up or grabs, and if we win the Supercup, and the Club World thingy, and the Community Shield, yes I’ll be happy, but if that’s it come the end of the season, it won’t feel like we had won the treble!

Last edited:

Red over the water

Thing is offering him an inflated £200k+ a week wage,off the back of an average season,isn't the best thing to do,it'll give not only him but everyone else in that squad the thought of being average is now accepted as the benchmark for a reward.What insentive does he now have to push on and get better other than to find it within himself to fight for the club,financially he's set for life and fucked the clubs wage structure up at the same time (not that it wasn't already lol).I love it,long may it continue,fucking idots.
Yep, Man Utd have problems. In a strange way if they get it right they could get back to the top four and then they could start to look upward to challenge for the league, but the evidence shows they are going the other way. Good!

They are rich (though that won’t last forever if they continue to not win anything) but their riches have hindered them of late. They needed a good manager, with a grand vision, and a team of young, hungry players. But instead they threw money at a few misfits and has beens, and it will give them problems for a while yet.

treboeth

Discussing United players here is a new one for me?

Rashford getting £250k+ a week is what you would expect his agent to ask for (especially from United) as hes essentially a free signing. hes a product of their youth set up. They've not paid a fee for him. Just like Sanchez so they'll want similar wages. Ridiculous way of looking at it. But that's just the way it is.

I'd imagine TAA is in for a new bumper contract soon, but some way off that figure. I'd also say between the two players, time will show that we've got the once in a generation player. A future liverpool and England captain.

I'm 100% confident TAA wont become a giant cock and get led down the wrong path, like what is happening with Rashford on social media thanks to his dick head mates Pogba and lingard!
No way TAA gets all MrBigBalls like the manu "stars".

His mum&dad would soon give him a reality check, not that I think Trent would even think of becoming Mr Superstar overnight, the lads way to grounded for that.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
We seem to be building up a nice kitty with the outgoings. If Lovren goes for the reported 25 million, along with the Ings and Camacho sales and Moreno off the books, thats like 50 million and 200k wages per week saved. Crazy how good we are at this shit now, 50 million for fringe players and freed enough wages for a top player.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
We seem to be building up a nice kitty with the outgoings. If Lovren goes for the reported 25 million, along with the Ings and Camacho sales and Moreno off the books, thats like 50 million and 200k wages per week saved. Crazy how good we are at this shit now, 50 million for fringe players and freed enough wages for a top player.
Yep. Don't forget we can add to that Sturridge's wages.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Looking at the Ings deal,it's not exactly £20mill atm,we get £18mill up front with £2mill add ons,we paid £6.5mill for him,plus we had to give Burnley £2.3mill sell on,so he's cost us close to £9mill,we'll only know the true profit off him once/if Southampton sell him as we have a 20% sell on clause aswell,we've banked £9mill upto now,it's still a good deal for us,plus the £16mill profit (with future add ons)from Solanke after paying £3mill for him.Anyway,kinda splitting hairs,like you say,if we can offload Lovren for £25mill plus Camacho cash,we'll have around £55mill+ in the kitty to start with and lowered the wage bill by a few £100k with them lot and Sturridge/Moreno gone aswell.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Looking at the Ings deal,it's not exactly £20mill atm,we get £18mill up front with £2mill add ons,we paid £6.5mill for him,plus we had to give Burnley £2.3mill sell on,so he's cost us close to £9mill,we'll only know the true profit off him once/if Southampton sell him as we have a 20% sell on clause aswell,we've banked £9mill upto now,it's still a good deal for us,plus the £16mill profit (with future add ons)from Solanke after paying £3mill for him.Anyway,kinda splitting hairs,like you say,if we can offload Lovren for £25mill plus Camacho cash,we'll have around £55mill+ in the kitty to start with and lowered the wage bill by a few £100k with them lot and Sturridge/Moreno gone aswell.
Yea 18 million now is all I was thinking about. Incredible really for a player who would struggle to get a game for us and has been unlucky with injuries. It really is insane the money that we're getting for players who will not weaken us if they leave. The only downside so far I can think of is losing Lovren, not because I want him playing, just because hes Salahs bezzie ha

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Obviously we've yet to see any meaningful inbound activity, but as we sit here today IMHO LFC's squad is not deep enough to compete on 7 fronts next season.
Seven fronts? Please tell me you’re not counting one off, glorified friendlies like the Charity Shield or the Super Cup?

Defence: we have only seven players after Moreno's departure. Clyne and Lovren might be sold according to reports, whilst Gomez and Matip have been injury prone and we need to see a largely injury free season from both before we can count on them.
Ok. On defence I think we need some full back cover, and all the connected journalists are saying this is something that the club are working on.

Still, I think it’s better than this summary. Clyne will leave, and that will leave six players. I think you can include Milner and Fabinho as emergency options, and I really wouldn’t rule out seeing more of Hoever and Van den Berg this year.

Midfield: with Keita not having had a summer off and still carrying last season's injury, Lallana perennially injury prone, Oxlade just coming back from a year out, and Grujic loaned out, the midfield could easily be depleted, especially if midfielders are expected to cover a depleted defensive squad.
Midfield is the area where we have most depth. We have Fabinho, Hendo, Milner and Wijnaldum who can play at the base. As well as the latter three, we also have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Shaqiri and Lallana. Klopp has also said he wants to look at Harry Wilson this summer as well. Seven or eight players for three positions is more than enough depth.

I’d like to get in a creative link man (a Silva/Coutinho type) but if we don’t, it isn’t the end of the world.

Forwards: we have no similar level cover for the front three, none of whom had a summer off. Origi and Shaqiri are back ups, not regular starters for a title contender if called on due to injury or fatigue to Bobby, Mo, Mane.
Origi, Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Brewster are all options, and you also potentially could look at playing Mane or Salah as a lone forward in a 4231, and include other players in the three.

In an ideal world, we’d look at signing full back cover, a good creative midfielder, and a versatile forward. But in reality this isn’t easy. Signing a player for the Liverpool who bounced around 5th-7th in the league was a piece of piss. You could go and get lads from Southampton and they’d make the squad better. But this is a Liverpool team who can genuinely claim to be one of the best 3-4 sides in the world, and the pool of players we can bring in to provide like for like quality is very small. Finding players of this quality, who also have the right mentality, are available, and who’ll wait for starts is incredibly difficult. The irony we have is that the players we need, in terms of their mentality, ambition and intelligence are probably swerving Liverpool right now. Lloyd Kelly preferred to go to Bournemouth because he’d be a guaranteed starter. And that’s Lloyd Kelly.

You can't expect the same points total from the same squad, as that presumes other sides will be a similar level to what they were.
You also presume this side won’t grow together. Klopp has repeatedly said that the biggest factor when it comes to winning trophies is keeping the squad together and having them grow together.

This team will be better this year, simply because they are a year further on in their work with Klopp.

Real Madrid won three European Cups on the spin without signing anyone.

I'd be staggered if, having waited a decade to be right up there amongst the go to clubs in Europe, we didn't properly leverage that this summer, especially when it's clearly needed.
Only you could look at Liverpool having snatched 97 points in the league, and won the European Cup, and think ‘Fucking hell. We’ve shitloads of work to do this summer’

What will stagger me is if Liverpool FC and Klopp change their approach. They will be patient, diligent, they won’t panic, and if sonething becomes possible, they’ll move on it. I still expect us to do something at full back and in the forward line, but I’m not going to shit the bed if we don’t. Klopp, Edwards and their staff have earned your trust.

Let’s also look at this ‘compete on four fronts’ thing (let’s not say seven, as including one off matches is clearly bonkers).

Cups runs are a function of luck, more than anything else. While City have great depth, it wasn’t the biggest factor of their domestic cup success. The biggest factor was that they got the piss easiest draws that I have ever seen, and that includes in Europe too.

The cups are always going to be situational, in that you take the first few rounds and then see where you are. We got Chelsea in the League Cup first round and Wolves in the FA Cup. If you find yourselves in the latter stages then you can think about having a go, but for the big teams it’s still about the draw.

City’s run in the League Cup was Oxford, Fulham, Leicester, Burton and Chelsea.

In the FA Cup they got Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton and Watford.

I’d wager that with those draws (Burton fucking Albion in a semi final for Christ’s sake) we’d have won at least one of those pots. The FA cup especially is a fucking cakewalk.

What about Europe? A group of Lyon, Shakhtar Donetsk and Hoffenheim, Shalke in the round of 16, before being knocked out by Spurs.

I’m sorry, but that’s an absolute pisstake. The point of this is that cup success is more about who you draw than it is the depth of your squad. Man City’s reserves had to play the Dog and Duck every round of the cup. Our kids had to play Chelsea and Wolves.

bazza66

TIA Oldie, still in the Youth Team though
Ad-free Member
Wide forward, left back, not sure on midfielder as Fabinho up to speed and presumably we’ll see more of Keita and Ox than last season. I’m sure there will be more deals to come, and/or I’m sure we have excellent youngsters we are trying to bring through. I trust Jurgen and his team on all of that. Recruitment has been very good and bringing players though has too.

As for the seven fronts thing, I agree, to a point. There are four main trophies, and two of them are massively more important than the other two. The remaining three are glorified friendlies, and/or competitions that last only a game or two. Bragging rights and trophies are up or grabs, and if we win the Supercup, and the Club World thingy, and the Community Shield, yes I’ll be happy, but if that’s it come the end of the season, it won’t feel like we had won the treble!
I see where you're coming from, but a winning habit would be something to behold. Particularly after all the runner ups we've had.

RedForever2014

Seven fronts? Please tell me you’re not counting one off, glorified friendlies like the Charity Shield or the Super Cup?

Ok. On defence I think we need some full back cover, and all the connected journalists are saying this is something that the club are working on.

Still, I think it’s better than this summary. Clyne will leave, and that will leave six players. I think you can include Milner and Fabinho as emergency options, and I really wouldn’t rule out seeing more of Hoever and Van den Berg this year.

Midfield is the area where we have most depth. We have Fabinho, Hendo, Milner and Wijnaldum who can play at the base. As well as the latter three, we also have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Shaqiri and Lallana. Klopp has also said he wants to look at Harry Wilson this summer as well. Seven or eight players for three positions is more than enough depth.

I’d like to get in a creative link man (a Silva/Coutinho type) but if we don’t, it isn’t the end of the world.

Origi, Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Brewster are all options, and you also potentially could look at playing Mane or Salah as a lone forward in a 4231, and include other players in the three.

In an ideal world, we’d look at signing full back cover, a good creative midfielder, and a versatile forward. But in reality this isn’t easy. Signing a player for the Liverpool who bounced around 5th-7th in the league was a piece of piss. You could go and get lads from Southampton and they’d make the squad better. But this is a Liverpool team who can genuinely claim to be one of the best 3-4 sides in the world, and the pool of players we can bring in to provide like for like quality is very small. Finding players of this quality, who also have the right mentality, are available, and who’ll wait for starts is incredibly difficult. The irony we have is that the players we need, in terms of their mentality, ambition and intelligence are probably swerving Liverpool right now. Lloyd Kelly preferred to go to Bournemouth because he’d be a guaranteed starter. And that’s Lloyd Kelly.

You also presume this side won’t grow together. Klopp has repeatedly said that the biggest factor when it comes to winning trophies is keeping the squad together and having them grow together.

This team will be better this year, simply because they are a year further on in their work with Klopp.

Real Madrid won three European Cups on the spin without signing anyone.

Only you could look at Liverpool having snatched 97 points in the league, and won the European Cup, and think ‘Fucking hell. We’ve shitloads of work to do this summer’

What will stagger me is if Liverpool FC and Klopp change their approach. They will be patient, diligent, they won’t panic, and if sonething becomes possible, they’ll move on it. I still expect us to do something at full back and in the forward line, but I’m not going to shit the bed if we don’t. Klopp, Edwards and their staff have earned your trust.

Let’s also look at this ‘compete on four fronts’ thing (let’s not say seven, as including one off matches is clearly bonkers).

Cups runs are a function of luck, more than anything else. While City have great depth, it wasn’t the biggest factor of their domestic cup success. The biggest factor was that they got the piss easiest draws that I have ever seen, and that includes in Europe too.

The cups are always going to be situational, in that you take the first few rounds and then see where you are. We got Chelsea in the League Cup first round and Wolves in the FA Cup. If you find yourselves in the latter stages then you can think about having a go, but for the big teams it’s still about the draw.

City’s run in the League Cup was Oxford, Fulham, Leicester, Burton and Chelsea.

In the FA Cup they got Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton and Watford.

I’d wager that with those draws (Burton fucking Albion in a semi final for Christ’s sake) we’d have won at least one of those pots. The FA cup especially is a fucking cakewalk.

What about Europe? A group of Lyon, Shakhtar Donetsk and Hoffenheim, Shalke in the round of 16, before being knocked out by Spurs.

I’m sorry, but that’s an absolute pisstake. The point of this is that cup success is more about who you draw than it is the depth of your squad. Man City’s reserves had to play the Dog and Duck every round of the cup. Our kids had to play Chelsea and Wolves.
So you think Klopp will field the reserves and have them stroll around the pitch not giving an arse about the results in those 'friendlies' against City, Chelsea (in Istanbul) and the two matches in Quatar just before the crucial Xmas period?

Four matches in which players can get knocks, long trips to two of those 'friendlies'.

38 PL matches, upto 13 CL matches, the four 'friendlies', plus two domestic cups.

We might well field weakened sides in the domestic cups, but we'll have to go strong in the others.

That needs planning and accounting for.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
So you think Klopp will field the reserves and have them stroll around the pitch not giving an arse about the results in those 'friendlies' against City, Chelsea (in Istanbul) and the two matches in Quatar just before the crucial Xmas period?

Four matches in which players can get knocks, long trips to two of those 'friendlies'.

38 PL matches, upto 13 CL matches, the four 'friendlies', plus two domestic cups.

We might well field weakened sides in the domestic cups, but we'll have to go strong in the others.

Which is exactly what the club does and is currently doing....what makes you think we're not? Buying players in the transfer market as Klopp has continuously told us is not he only way to do that, even so there's over a month of the window left to see if we do.

RedForever2014

Which is exactly what the club does and is currently doing....what makes you think we're not? Buying players in the transfer market as Klopp has continuously told us is not he only way to do that, even so there's over a month of the window left to see if we do.
Mascott's arguing that we're ok if we don't sign anyone, and that 6 defenders is enough.

I know there's time left, that's why I said as we sit here today.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Mascott's arguing that we're ok if we don't sign anyone, and that 6 defenders is enough.

I know there's time left, that's why I said as we sit here today.
No, I’ve said ideally we’d buy cover at full back and a forward option. But we won’t be doing either, especially at inflated prices, just so we can have a proper crack at the charity shield.

We are fine at Centre Back. We have four first team players, two extremely promising youngsters, and another outfield player who can do a job there.

At right back we have our starter, and a CB and two midfielders who can both play there. At left back we have our starter and a midfielder who can play there.

While we’d ideally be adding to the pool (especially at left back) it is not a disaster to go with what we have. All we’ve lost in Moreno and Clyne (probably) is two lads who never played, and Klopp would rather put midfielders and centre backs out of position rather than give a go.

I think the club are trying to sort this, but as we’ve seen already we’ve moved for a left back and they rejected us because a lesser club could offer more games.

This not easy. Any fan will say that we need squad options who are not far off the lads in the first team, and we need them to be fine with not playing as much. But translating that to an actual player is really difficult.

This is why the club tried to get Alby to stay. Fans may not have rated him, but he was alright, and didn’t complain or kick off when he didn’t play. Players want to play football, and saying ‘come to Liverpool and when Andy needs a rest, you’re in’ is just not an attractive offer.

I’m sure the club are looking at their options and doing what they can to find cover. But as last resort going with Milner as the primary back up, and having a look to see if Lewis or Larouci can break out isn’t a disaster.

RedForever2014

No, I’ve said ideally we’d buy cover at full back and a forward option. But we won’t be doing either, especially at inflated prices, just so we can have a proper crack at the charity shield.

We are fine at Centre Back. We have four first team players, two extremely promising youngsters, and another outfield player who can do a job there.

At right back we have our starter, and a CB and two midfielders who can both play there. At left back we have our starter and a midfielder who can play there.

While we’d ideally be adding to the pool (especially at left back) it is not a disaster to go with what we have. All we’ve lost in Moreno and Clyne (probably) is two lads who never played, and Klopp would rather put midfielders and centre backs out of position rather than give a go.

I think the club are trying to sort this, but as we’ve seen already we’ve moved for a left back and they rejected us because a lesser club could offer more games.

This not easy. Any fan will say that we need squad options who are not far off the lads in the first team, and we need them to be fine with not playing as much. But translating that to an actual player is really difficult.

This is why the club tried to get Alby to stay. Fans may not have rated him, but he was alright, and didn’t complain or kick off when he didn’t play. Players want to play football, and saying ‘come to Liverpool and when Andy needs a rest, you’re in’ is just not an attractive offer.

I’m sure the club are looking at their options and doing what they can to find cover. But as last resort going with Milner as the primary back up, and having a look to see if Lewis or Larouci can break out isn’t a disaster.
But then it comes to numbers.

Stick with 5 forwards (front three plus Origi and Shaqiri), 6 defenders (TAA, the four centre backs, Roberston) and 7 midfielders (Fab, Hendo, Gini, Keita Milner, Lallana, Oxlade) and you've a senior outfield squad of 18.

The usual 3 or so injuries at any one time and you've no rotation and a limited bench.

The front 3 never got a summer off (second summer running), Keita is injured, Lallana injury prone, Oxlade had a year out.

I agree there's little point keeping players Klopp will never play, like Clyne/Moreno/Sturridge. But that doesn't negate the need for replacements who are good enough to play.

I don't buy the won't come to be back up argument, I explained that one the other day. If they're good enough they'll play.

Let's see what the club does, but for years we had excuses (in the media, mostly from the club's PR people) about nobody being willing to come because we weren't good enough, and now the argument is that they won't come because we're too good.

You know my view - it's an excuse for not spending, in net terms at least.

Your approach is totally fine if the intent is to have a development season whereby we rely on young back ups and win things if we're again lucky with injuries.

A few choice injuries with that squad, and we'll be nowhere near the title.

Last edited:

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Let's see what the club does, but for years we had excuses (in the media, mostly from the club's PR people) about nobody being willing to come because we weren't good enough, and now the argument is that they won't come because we're too good.

Why do you do this to yourself every transfer window?

Year on year we've improved and now we've come 2nd and won the Champions League,yet you're still saying the same things,hasn't the last 4 years under Klopp and Edwards transfer stratagey told you anything?

Financially we have never been in a better place,that doesn't mean we have to go out and spend it all now,we've been hugely impressive in the market when it comes to buying and selling players at the right time,over those past 4 years.

Remember the VVD transfer saga? we needed a CB,did Klopp go out and blow £30/40mill on a CB when Southampton wouldn't sell him that summer? no he bided his time and waited to get the real deal instead of wasting cash on deadwood.

Same could be happening this summer,just because you think we need to spend to strengthen,that doesn't mean its going to happen and judging by how Klopp's worked in the past,he may buy one or 2 (what you may call average signings,to cover fullbacks and a forward) and work with what he has to make them better players,at the same time,saving the money for the players he may want at better value next Summer.

I'm just guessing here,but i'm happy to let Jurgen do his thing in the transfer market and go with the flow,whereas you'll lose your shit again and start posting what the club hasn't spent,its not enough,it should be more,we need this,we need that.What you need to do is take a chill pill and let whatever happens,happen,THEN if it all goes tits up at the end of the season,have a pop at whats been wrong in our transfer dealings and make these posts,not take pot shots before the windows closed and after a great season.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
@RedForever2014 You do know City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham are yet to sign anyone too dont you? Klopp and the club will know what needs to be done. Plenty of time left mate, no need to panic

Kopstar

★★★★★★

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
So did Arsenal, granted he probably is going into their U23 squad but they still signed someone.
So have we if were going by that standard. Think we signed another youngster today too so were ahead! yayyy ha. In all seriousness though, I was talking about players who will play first team football and didnt count kovacic because he was already there. Should of said big signings or something soz my bad.
Point is really, we have no doubt been just as active behind closed doors as anyone. All the other top teams bar City need to strengthen a lot more than us and theres still been hardly any confirmed signings for any of them.
In previous years I think most of us have had the feeling we need to strengthen here and there and been a bit gutted when it appeared we hadnt done anything about it but now I just trust klopp and the team.
I dont believe we will be as quiet as the media are saying but I also wont be gutted if we do minimal business. If we get cover for left back and centre back (if Lovren goes) I'd personally be happy enough. Probably why we tried to sign that Lloyd Kelly because I think he can play both positions.
I get that you want to strike while the irons hot but as someone said earlier, just wait and see how we do before you reflect on the window. If Klopp and the team think we have enough, I trust them

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Still, your general point stands. The transfer window has been generally subdued so far. We all know Klopp likes to get everyone in before pre-season. That's only a week away.
True but if we sign anyone playing in the AFCON or Copa they will prob have to miss some of the preseason either way. I had a look at Klopps previous windows here and we have signed a good few players more than a couple of weeks into July

Ragnar KlavanFC Augsburg£4,200,00020th Jul, 2016
Alex ManningerFree Transfer£022nd Jul, 2016
Georginio WijnaldumNewcastle United£25,000,00022nd Jul, 2016
Nat PhillipsBolton£01st Aug, 2016
Andy RobertsonHull City£8,000,00021st Jul, 2017
Alex Oxlade-ChamberlainArsenal£35,000,00031st Aug, 2017
Xherdan ShaqiriStoke City£13,500,00013th Jul, 2018
AlissonAS Roma£56,250,00019th Jul, 2018
Ki-Jana HoeverAjax£01st Aug, 2018

Copied it over. A lot of players signed after preseason started so I wouldnt even right off signing anyone after we kick off at Tranmere. Luckily for us, we have a great side already so dont have to panic about these players coming in straight away.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
But then it comes to numbers.

Stick with 5 forwards (front three plus Origi and Shaqiri), 6 defenders (TAA, the four centre backs, Roberston) and 7 midfielders (Fab, Hendo, Gini, Keita Milner, Lallana, Oxlade) and you've a senior outfield squad of 18.

The usual 3 or so injuries at any one time and you've no rotation and a limited bench.

The front 3 never got a summer off (second summer running), Keita is injured, Lallana injury prone, Oxlade had a year out.

I agree there's little point keeping players Klopp will never play, like Clyne/Moreno/Sturridge. But that doesn't negate the need for replacements who are good enough to play.

I don't buy the won't come to be back up argument, I explained that one the other day. If they're good enough they'll play.

Your approach is totally fine if the intent is to have a development season whereby we rely on young back ups and win things if we're again lucky with injuries.

A few choice injuries with that squad, and we'll be nowhere near the title.
All of which would be fair enough if we were bouncing around 6th place, but we’ve just put in a title winning league performance, and won the European Cup.

So excuses for what? Not spending? So do we get a trophy for spending the most? Is your ‘seventh front’ actually the Everton Cup?

I think we can safely say that Edwards and Klopp know what they are doing. I am sure that we’ll strengthen at full back, and in the forward positions. But if we don’t, it is because the right player isn’t available, not because the club are penny pinching - that’s you trying to make the situation fit your narrative.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial

You're God damn right klopp is playing the reserves in f#[email protected] Qatar.

Edit: maybe I came in a little hot. Yes, I believe klopp will play the reserves in Qatar. The powers that be announced we would be playing without contacting anyone at liverpool with any details or specifics.

Last edited:

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member

Why do you think our squad players, lets not call them reserves, would be just strolling around the pitch not giving an arse? Do you not think they will be chomping at the bit to impress Klopp and make the most of every opportunity they get??

Mousecat

Evryone still confident naby keita will have a mostly injury free season, now that it looks like he might miss the start of it?

Mousecat

Oh and annie road dreamer amd flobs... we made the fullback thing work to compensate for areas of the team which weren't providing, by sheer spirit, will, unity.. all the qualities this Liverpool team have.

It doesn't mean it's a viable long term plan. We over achieved last season in terms of points total in the league. City played within their limits.

Feel free to disagree completely with this. But if we have to play the same team, without improvements in those areas, again this season, you'll see what happens.

If we're banking on keita and Chamberlains sustained fitness, I'd be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.