• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Sounds like a future Leipzig signing (minus the skills) once Werner leaves.

:LOL:
I think he'll go down the Mane route rather than the Naby route, and go direct from Salzburg to the PL (where he really wants to be), rather than via the RB parent club. He's already turned down an offer from Juventus!

Limiescouse

I wonder if we're taking a look at Alfie Haaland's son, who's already hit 17 goals (not a typo) in 9 games this season for Salzburg, and during the summer hit 9 goals in one Norway U20s game. As well as being huge he's apparently quick, skillful and hard-working: Scored a hat-trick on his CL debut last night, the first player to do so since Rooney.

I guess we'll get a closer look at him when we play Salzburg.
On a similar note, after getting away from Real, the other young Norwegian lad is finally starting to perform. He was the best played on the pitch against Atletico on the weekend.

Zinedine Biscan

On a similar note, after getting away from Real, the other young Norwegian lad is finally starting to perform. He was the best played on the pitch against Atletico on the weekend.
Weirdly I was wondering about him just last night and where he'd got to, good to hear he's pushing on at last.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Odegaard was supposed to be the next Suarez. Unfortunately he is only out on loan, so plenty of time for Real to ruin him.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Likeable player from these first few weeks, we'll see what his ceiling. Does a bit of everything, plays with passion.

Zinedine Biscan

I wonder if we're taking a look at Alfie Haaland's son, who's already hit 17 goals (not a typo) in 9 games this season for Salzburg, and during the summer hit 9 goals in one Norway U20s game. As well as being huge he's apparently quick, skillful and hard-working. Scored a hat-trick on his CL debut last night, the first player to do so since Rooney.

I guess we'll get a closer look at him when we play Salzburg.
I'm going to bring this up again after we buy him next summer :giggle:

Zinedine Biscan

I want Takumi Minamino. One of the finest individual displays I've seen at Anfield from an away player. By no means a knee-jerk reaction, of course.
For someone who didn't catch the game, which position does he play?

Danny_

Everyone is watching Pukki, but Emi Buendia from Norwich is 100% Klopp player. Can play everywhere, very agile, has some crazy skills, eye for a pass and always give his maximum. This amazing little argentinian is only 22 years of age. His price will only go up this year.

What is his contract situation?

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
For someone who didn't catch the game, which position does he play?
They switched between formations last night, it looked like he played as the right winger but I thought he played as a second striker/attacking midfielder in the second half. Extremely hard working but pretty nice technical ability, scored one and created one. Funny thing is, I watched them in both games against Crvena Zvezda last season and I can't remember seeing him... He was outstanding last night, though, a bit like their own version of Firmino, as @Iluvatar said.

GaryBarlow99

What is his contract situation?
Signed a contract extension in the summer until 2024.

I'm firmly on the Minamino hype train. Great game last night and really versatile according to Transfermarkt.

Last edited:

Dutch

Ad-free Member
I hope we don't buy players based on a good away match where he got all the space he wanted from our midfield and scored against a so, so goalkeeper.

Hope we need more.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I take it back. He is more important for Liverpool playing for Wolves.
On a side note.. Wolves have had a great last few (7-10 max) days. 4 wins in 4 across 3 competitions.
Carabao Cup win against Reading at home.
PL win against Watford at home.
Europa win against Bestikas away.
PL win against City away.
Very happy for our lad Coady.

auzziez

I don't think we need him now nor is he at the level for us to be interested in him now but I hope we are already keeping an eye on Soyuncu. I haven't seen a lot of him but he has been good whenever I did. I think an year under Klopp will only do good for his overall game. Nice pace for a tall guy, not bad at reading the game. Has age on his side.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
John McGinn would be a very good signing for next summer. Rate him highly.
Very interesting player, I'm sure @Zoran will agree. :) It's been a while since I've seen a central midfielder so intent on making those late runs into the box. I'm not convinced about his defensive contributions but his technical ability is second to none. Yeah, I'd like him at Liverpool but we know just how much Klopp has invested in Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain and he'll give them every chance to prove themselves first.

vjcpatriot

Then again Eriksen's out of contact so he could be another one we could consider.
Eriksen would be a fantastic #10 for us and allow us to play some 4231. If he would be available on a free, that would be a great get for Liverpool.

I also would like to see Erling Haaland join LFC. Scored a hat trick in his champion's league debut.

This lad has bags of potential, great strength, size, and finishing ability in the 19 year old from Norway.
He also has PL bloodlines as his father Alfie played for over a dozen years in the Prem.

Haaland could be the physical 'beast' we need out front and give our attack an added element that will make it even harder to stop. In the case we signed Haaland, Firmino could also play the #10.