• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Who would you buy?

BigJon

mass hysteria (also known as mass psychogenic illness, collective hysteria, group hysteria, or collective obsessional behavior) is a phenomenon that transmits collective illusions of threats, whether real or imaginary, through a population in society as a result of rumors and fear .

Harry Kane is like Ian Rush
Mo may leave for a different club
Danny Rose would be a decent signing.

Enough !

I know you are all bored and restless without any real football to watch but any more of this sort of behaviour and it will be up the stairs to beddington with no supper.

And take that look off your face.

Joe Gomez x

Wouldn’t mind actually if Mo left but ONLY if we got Mbappe instead. He’s much younger and technically has reached his potential while Mo is at his peak.
Wouldn’t touch Danny Rose with a pole after looking at his performance last night, going down after every tackle and laying there not supporting his defence.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
The only Tottenham player I would be happy to see in a red shirt is Lucas Moura. I could see him fitting in very well.

Rose and Kane are overated divers imo, can't stand them.

Hard to see who can improve us. No doubt Edwards will unearth another gem. I can see Keita coming good and Grujic seems to be developing very nicely. Young Harvey looks like he has enormous potential to.

Red over the water

Kane like Rush - ugh.
Danny Rose - no thanks.

But I am responsible for suggesting Mo might move on, and we might refresh with the likes of Sancho, Havertz, or Mbappe as the dream (though the others aren’t too shabby!)

I have no basis for this. Just teams evolving all the time and trying to see our next moves. But Mo is a top player and I hope he stays.

No supper for me!

Dave-D

The only Tottenham player I would be happy to see in a red shirt is Lucas Moura. I could see him fitting in very well.

Rose and Kane are overated divers imo, can't stand them.

Hard to see who can improve us. No doubt Edwards will unearth another gem. I can see Keita coming good and Grujic seems to be developing very nicely. Young Harvey looks like he has enormous potential to.
:eek:
Thanks, Sons crying now :LOL:
Id have Son before Moura, Son would slot straight in to the Liverpool team.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

ManU fan and now this. Hated him before and never rated him anyway.

Will end up in Everton one day.

treboeth

waynejones31

TIA Youth Team
:eek:
Thanks, Sons crying now :LOL:
Id have Son before Moura, Son would slot straight in to the Liverpool team.
Son is a good player I agree , but actually the one player I would take from Spurs would be Dele Ali, about as close as an alternative to Firminio as I can see in the league , off form , benched , maybe not happy , a Liverpool fan , not sure of contract length but would represent good value as he is still young . His career seems to be hitting a bad patch and maybe he needs a new challenge. He is aggressive , loves to press and would be able to play a few positions for us. .

klopp would bring him down a peg or two and get him firing like he was a season or two ago

just a thought , would be worth a go in January with all the goings on at Tottenham

what do you think ?

Claymenza

Dave-D

Son is a good player I agree , but actually the one player I would take from Spurs would be Dele Ali, about as close as an alternative to Firminio as I can see in the league , off form , benched , maybe not happy , a Liverpool fan , not sure of contract length but would represent good value as he is still young . His career seems to be hitting a bad patch and maybe he needs a new challenge. He is aggressive , loves to press and would be able to play a few positions for us. .

klopp would bring him down a peg or two and get him firing like he was a season or two ago

just a thought , would be worth a go in January with all the goings on at Tottenham

what do you think ?
Alli seems like a one season wonder, came flying on to the scene and then fizzled out and can’t even get into the Spurs starting 11 now.
There’s also speculation that he’s got a bit of an attitude and that also keeping him out the team.
I’d avoid him especially since Levy wouldn’t let him go on the cheap as he’s contracted until 2024

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I've been banging on about getting an AM since we sold Coutinho, and I still feel the same way. Someone with that kind of creativity could have opened up Manure yesterday.

Bruno Fernandes please.
No need when we have Naby Keita. I think it's about time Jurgen starts him on a regular basis. Hendo and Gini in the same side just isn't creative enough anymore is it?

Red over the water

Since we bought Fabinho and Keita I've been looking forward to seeing them feature regularly in the same midfield. Fabinho has worked his way in and he is world class in that defensive role. For various reasons Keita hasn't quite got going yet, but there have been a few signs that more is to come. Hopefully we will see it and he will deliver.

If he hits top form then for me it will be Fabinho, Keita and one other from the rest.

I'm not willing to go overboard and criticize the midfield unduly, as we have just got off the back of 17 wins in a row, topped off with a draw at Old Trafford. They have served us well, and I'm sure will do so again, but I do think it's fair to say we could do with a bit more creativity in that department, so we are looking to see what Keita and Ox might add as the season unfolds. Heck, even Adam Lallana, as he ghosted in at the back post at Old Trafford and reminded us he's still got a part to play.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Since we bought Fabinho and Keita I've been looking forward to seeing them feature regularly in the same midfield. Fabinho has worked his way in and he is world class in that defensive role. For various reasons Keita hasn't quite got going yet, but there have been a few signs that more is to come. Hopefully we will see it and he will deliver.

If he hits top form then for me it will be Fabinho, Keita and one other from the rest.

I'm not willing to go overboard and criticize the midfield unduly, as we have just got off the back of 17 wins in a row, topped off with a draw at Old Trafford. They have served us well, and I'm sure will do so again, but I do think it's fair to say we could do with a bit more creativity in that department, so we are looking to see what Keita and Ox might add as the season unfolds. Heck, even Adam Lallana, as he ghosted in at the back post at Old Trafford and reminded us he's still got a part to play.
A midfield trio of consistently fit Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita is something I'm hoping for and have been for a while (even though I predicted Wijnaldum would leave a while back). I wish all Liverpool players could perform to what I think they're capable of but these three look like being just what Liverpool's attack and defence need. The balance seems there as all three are hard working, all three offer a combination of grit, steel and technique but each brings something unique (Fabinho is a defensive lynchpin, Wijnaldum is adaptable and good both in tight situations and off the ball, Keita's technical ability is off the charts compared to the rest of his teammates and should theoretically provide creativity and goals the rest of Liverpool midfielders can't).

Although I'm not really in awe with Liverpool's midfield, I'm happy with options Klopp has, I'm only unhappy about their fitness records. Still, if I can put it like that, I'm a bit taken aback by realising I'm not thinking about Liverpool buying new players in the future, other than possibly Sancho (probably only in case either Mane or Salah leaves) or in case of a massive injury crisis. Van Dijk, Fabinho and Firmino absolutely have no replacement in my eyes but I really don't expect Klopp to buy players just to cover for them, so when it comes to strengthening the squad, I mostly tend to check out how the kids are doing, especially those out on loan.

While I'm really not expecting Grujić and Wilson to make it at Liverpool, I know they'll be given every chance to prove themselves and maybe there's a miracle waiting for both, who knows. Lallana goes, Grujić might take his place in the squad; Shaqiri goes, Wilson is his ready-made replacement if Bournemouth loan proves as fruitful as it's been so far. Hoever, Elliott, Jones and Brewster look like they might stick around for quite a while and become viable options for the first team. I wish Foden was a Liverpool player, though (since we can't have De Bruyne), but I genuinely hope the first team will be strengthened by players who are already here. I swear I'll be thinking like this until the first injury one of first teamers suffers, especially if it's Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain or Lallana!

Red over the water

Although I'm not really in awe with Liverpool's midfield, I'm happy with options Klopp has, I'm only unhappy about their fitness records.

Good post, and this bit captures how I feel about it too. Taking it a bit further, I think we might go in for Kai Havertz if, for whatever reason, we don't get what we hope for out of Ox and/or Keita this season. Mind you, maybe Harvey Elliott will come to the fore and boss it. It will be fascinating to watch it all unfold. I think there's more to come from our midfield.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
No need when we have Naby Keita. I think it's about time Jurgen starts him on a regular basis. Hendo and Gini in the same side just isn't creative enough anymore is it?
I think Fernandes and Keita are different kinds of players - I think Keita is more of an 8 than a 10 - but I agree that Keita finding a way to stay healthy and sharpen his form would be almost like adding a new midfielder.

Claymenza

1.) Can't we?
2.) We can if we sell Salah. :censored:
We don't really have a young 19 year old like raheem when he burst through the ranks. I don't think Sancho would be coming in as a salah replacement.

I say klopp needs to dig deep within his ranks and ask pep lidgers why there's no prodigys in the youth ranks he coached.

Richard88

Nike are going to want the club to make a big splash next summer with at least one highly marketable player. It's quite fitting that the two biggest needs are a forward and attacking midfielder, which are the most prolific positions in terms of marketability.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Nike are going to want the club to make a big splash next summer with at least one highly marketable player. It's quite fitting that the two biggest needs are a forward and attacking midfielder, which are the most prolific positions in terms of marketability.
Don't think Klopp will let a sponsor tell him who to bring in.

We reached the EL final, the year after we reached the CL final, after that we reached it again and won it + had 97 points in the biggest league in the world and now we're favorites for everything again.
I bet Nike wanted us more than we wanted Nike.

And if you’re thinking about a marketable player - Salah has 12m fans on Facebook while Mbappe has 3m.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Think they’ll really want an M’Big statement. Something M’Bold and M’ballsy. Something that will scare the M’Bollocks off the rest of the league.