• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Who would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenAlonso

If our transfer budget is 50 million pounds. Bring Grugic back instead of splashing cash on Thiago. If Sepp is fit bed him into the team. I would buy Chukwueze from Villarreal as Adama seems to be way expensive as Wolves need not sell. Sarr from Watford if they get relegated as transfer fee would be decent as they will have to sell. Both are very pacy and direct. Fraser on a free, I might take him if we don't bring Grugic back. Need a decent LB as backup if Larouchi leaves.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Klopp has done a marvelous job no question but not a lot has been spent, relatively on a net basis. Is that sustainable? Staying at the top, winning the major prizes with such a low net spend is more questionable. The club has the sixth largest revenue in the world.

Money has been spent on the stadium and training ground but will there be much for transfers. Working smart should be a prerequisite but the club needs to spend as well.
The club isn't wracking up unneccessary debt, so most surplus cash the club generates will be available to invest in the playing squad.

Whether it will be enough only time will tell.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
If our transfer budget is 50 million pounds. Bring Grugic back instead of splashing cash on Thiago. If Sepp is fit bed him into the team. I would buy Chukwueze from Villarreal as Adama seems to be way expensive as Wolves need not sell. Sarr from Watford if they get relegated as transfer fee would be decent as they will have to sell. Both are very pacy and direct. Fraser on a free, I might take him if we don't bring Grugic back. Need a decent LB as backup if Larouchi leaves.
We don't 'need' another midfieldee so bringing back Grujic if we fail to get Thiago doesnt make much sense - particularly if he isnt good enough.

Larouci wasn't close to making the first team, so if you think a LB is needed, then we always needed one.

I dont think Watford will be desperate to sell...they're probably not going down, if they did they have parachute payments.

rab

Right, now the football nonsense is out the way it's time for the real competition. Not sure who the Transfer Window Champions were last summer but high time we won that one again.

If we don't have at least five new players by next weekend I'm going to be fewmin!

Herb

Weren't we being linked to Firpo before he moved to Barca? Attacking LB, isn't he?

With the disclaimer that I know nothing else about the player, he could be worth taking a look at.
If that list is to be believed, I would rather have Semedo. Better player and can play both sides. Find it hard to believe they’d let somebody that versatile go cheaply, or at all tbh though.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Would like to get Sarr now that Watford have gone down. Ridiculous pace, might be happy to play with his fellow Senegalese weapon and plenty of room for improvement under JK.
Stumbling block will be the price and whether he would be happy as the 'understudy'.

Dave-D

Would like to get Sarr now that Watford have gone down. Ridiculous pace, might be happy to play with his fellow Senegalese weapon and plenty of room for improvement under JK.
Stumbling block will be the price and whether he would be happy as the 'understudy'.
Five sub rule could be a big positive, he’ll get a lot more game time

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
You spectacularly miss the point.

No one gives a fucking shit. I couldn't care if John Henry took £100mil out of this club and was currently using the $100 dollar bills to snort coke out of Lindas asshole..
I dunno,we need to keep our owners around for a bit longer,it would be a bit reckless of John with the coronavirus around and everyone going contactless atm,to put money up his nose.

BigJon

"No one gives a fucking shit. I couldn't care if John Henry took £100mil out of this club and was currently using the $100 dollar bills to snort coke out of Lindas asshole."

Is that why its called Brown Sugar?

I'll get my coat.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
"No one gives a fucking shit. I couldn't care if John Henry took £100mil out of this club and was currently using the $100 dollar bills to snort coke out of Lindas asshole."

Is that why its called Brown Sugar?

I'll get my coat.
Get that coat and hang your head in shame.....
I will use the line though!!!

BigJon

Get that coat and hang your head in shame.....
I will use the line though!!!
Why hang my head?
Brown sugar is slang for raw unprocessed Cocaine - or at least it used to be.
Or it could have been Heroin - cant remember.
That is the intention of the comment - nothing else. I understand - it is easy to wrongly attribute meaning especially when words/phrases can have more than one meaning.

- Looked it up at Dictionary.Com
"Slang. brownish-colored heroin manufactured illicitly in Mexico"

Also a sugar of course.

'

Last edited:

Limiescouse

If Klopp thought he needed to do a lot of spending, i cant see the club not backing him - he isn't the type to keep demanding funds, and we've seen that he is happy to work with recruitment to look for 'value' and a player that fits the club's model. a need would suggest it really is something important for the well being of the team and club.

I think the club are now confident that their work in signing players generates value for the club. The only issue would be how much spending are we talking about in this hypothetical scenario and how does it fit with the club's way of working. If it is too much for the club to do in one window, then it would be be agreed over several - again Klopp is successful in part because he works to a larger picture.
If the stories about the acquisition of Virgil are to believed, Gordon was insistent we went ahead with the deal despite Klopp being really anxious about how much the price had increased since the summer and being willing to walk away. Allegedly, Gordon said that Klopp had been so convinced that Virgil was the guy to wait for, that we weren't going to walk away just because it got more expensive.

We're not going to break the world record for every signing, but this element needs to be remembered if we're really going to understand how these guys work. We believe we can find value in the market, but if despite all the effort that goes into finding good value players the guy Klopp wants is a world record fee than he will be backed. However, it is precisely because Klopp has shown that he doesnt need this sort of spending to support him that when he says he does, it is taken seriously and backed.

What the hell is your problem ? Are you a complete village idiot ? As I have told you, I made no dig. Stop making stuff up and stop being so fucking rude !
Are you Frank Lampard in disguise.

vjcpatriot

Anybody interested in Ismaila Sarr? He's got loads of talent and quickness.

Since Watford just got relegated, we might be able to snag him for a cutthroat price.

On top of his own quality, Sarr is a fellow Senegalese. So Mane could instantly become the young winger's mentor if he were to don Liverpool red.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself

Since Watford just got relegated, we might be able to snag him for a cutthroat price.

On top of his own quality, Sarr is a fellow Senegalese. So Mane could instantly become the young winger's mentor if he were to don Liverpool red.
He's the one player I would raid Watford for. Good squad option to have.

Here's another I pose to all of you: What about Vertonghen on a free? Purely as a backup option. Guy has plenty of experience and a good understanding of the game. He lacks for pace though. Just a thought.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

No. Wouldn't be a problem next season but there likely wouldn't be a lot of change the following year when all 3 of Sarr, Mane and Salah would be off to the AFCON at the same time meaning we'd lose half our attack/all our senior wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.