• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Who would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obanite

Full time coo
Buy:
Thiago 25
Sarr 35
Lewis 10

Sell:
Lovren 10
Wilson 20
Grujic 15
Shaqiri 15
Wages of lallana and clyne

Sounds about right? Very good window that for me.
do we want to sell Grujic and Wilson?

I’d definitely look at a cover CB too. Expect injuries when we’re in the nitty gritty fighting for four trophies

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
We rarely play Origi at CF, if we did I think he'd be a very good, consistent goalscorer.
Brewster, I think, will be a further step up from Origi if played as a striker.
I think he rarely plays as CF because he isnt particularly good there. Which is a bit surprising because you would think from his build and eye for goal he would be.

Red over the water

When we do valuations we are tempted to assume incoming lower, and outgoing higher. I would imagine all fans do it.

Harry Wilson, for example. Tidy player, great free kick taker... but didn't really make a compelling case for himself at Bournemouth. He wasn't a regular starter at a relegated team. When he was at Derby, pre covid, we were either thinking he might come back and be a squad man here, or if not, we would sell for a tidy sum. I would suggest the price today is much smaller than we think.

Jamal Lewis, a promising young player we are interested in, made 28 Prem starts. We've offered 10 and Norwich want 20.

I suspect Harry Wilson and Jamal Lewis will have a very similar valuation when all is said and done.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think he rarely plays as CF because he isnt particularly good there. Which is a bit surprising because you would think from his build and eye for goal he would be.
Yeah if we did regularly play a CF it would be Salah top of the pecking order and Origi as the back up.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
When we do valuations we are tempted to assume incoming lower, and outgoing higher. I would imagine all fans do it.

Harry Wilson, for example. Tidy player, great free kick taker... but didn't really make a compelling case for himself at Bournemouth. He wasn't a regular starter at a relegated team. When he was at Derby, pre covid, we were either thinking he might come back and be a squad man here, or if not, we would sell for a tidy sum. I would suggest the price today is much smaller than we think.

Jamal Lewis, a promising young player we are interested in, made 28 Prem starts. We've offered 10 and Norwich want 20.

I suspect Harry Wilson and Jamal Lewis will have a very similar valuation when all is said and done.
Edwards just told me to hold his beer!

The Hermit

I don't think we need Thiago, as good as he is. Keita has turned it on and as long as he stays healthy, he will be massive. Ox can improve another year following injury and will play a part in the middle of the park (not wide forward hopefully). Jones will also play a role. In short, lots of options there and money better spent elsewhere.

We have plenty of cover for the 9 after Bobby....Mini, Mo, Mane, Origi/Brewster.

Seems to me left back (Jamal Lewis), CB, and wide forward (left in particular) are the priorities. Seems pretty simple to me.

Jamie91

I don't think we need Thiago, as good as he is. Keita has turned it on and as long as he stays healthy, he will be massive. Ox can improve another year following injury and will play a part in the middle of the park (not wide forward hopefully). Jones will also play a role. In short, lots of options there and money better spent elsewhere.

We have plenty of cover for the 9 after Bobby....Mini, Mo, Mane, Origi/Brewster.

Seems to me left back (Jamal Lewis), CB, and wide forward (left in particular) are the priorities. Seems pretty simple to me.
I think Thiago would give us another edge to our game in midfield , and signing him may mean we go with VVD , Gomez , Matip , Hoever with Fabinho as an option.

Fabinho, Thiago, Keita midfield is very exciting!
So I’d be more tempted to go with:

Thiago (27mil)
Lewis (15mil)
Sarr ( 35mil)
Brewster - effectively a new signing , very exciting.

Out - Origi, Shaq, Wilson, Grujic, Larouci, Karius- 70mil ish.

richieh10

Personally I’d love to see us sign Havertz.

If he does go to Chelsea with them already signed Ziyech (spelling) and Werner then thats a very very shrewd bit of business from them.

Just coz it be fucking brilliant to see him come on when we’re 4-0 up and score a goal and the sort of celebration that would happen we should sign Akinfenwa. Be fucking class and defo a plan B;)

richieh10

I think Thiago would give us another edge to our game in midfield , and signing him may mean we go with VVD , Gomez , Matip , Hoever with Fabinho as an option.

Fabinho, Thiago, Keita midfield is very exciting!
So I’d be more tempted to go with:

Thiago (27mil)
Lewis (15mil)
Sarr ( 35mil)
Brewster - effectively a new signing , very exciting.

Out - Origi, Shaq, Wilson, Grujic, Larouci, Karius- 70mil ish.
I don’t think we’d get nearly close to 70 million for them.

richieh10

Who do you reckon is paying 25 million for Origi?

I’m not saying that I don’t think he is worth that... but with everything else that’s gone on who do you think will pay that

Jamie91

Who do you reckon is paying 25 million for Origi?

I’m not saying that I don’t think he is worth that... but with everything else that’s gone on who do you think will pay that
Rumours of Villa initially bidding around 18mil , I think there will be teams interested which could drive the price up to 25mil. Palace , West Ham , Sheffield U.

Shame Bournemouth didn’t stay up , I’m sure they wouldve paid 35mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.