• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Who would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Sarr might be too expensive for his potential at this moment, this guy Samuel Chuwueze is interesting. Left footed, seems very confident on the ball, likes to play on the right, cutting in on his left foot, strong upper body strength and very tricky on the ball and likes to run at players, very similar to Salah's style but don't think he is as fast as Salah but already pretty fast. Might be availabe for 25mil pounds or even lesser in current situations provided Villareal is willing to sell of course. Nigerian and some will bring up concerns of AFCON but I don't think while is a factor, it will influence Klopp's decisions if he really want a player. But this guy is just one good example that there are plenty of potentials out there in this world that we can buy for a good price (and not some 100mil supposed superstar) and build them into a part of this Liverpool machine.

Dave-D

Ben White has rejected two contract offers from Brighton, who have themselves rejected two transfer offer from Leeds. Could well be the time for Liverpool to muscle in on this and get a deal done especially if Matip is on his way out.

iftikhar

Ben White has rejected two contract offers from Brighton, who have themselves rejected two transfer offer from Leeds. Could well be the time for Liverpool to muscle in on this and get a deal done especially if Matip is on his way out.
We need another CB regardless of his future.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Leeds fans rate him incredibly highly. The fact Bielsa has spent a year with him and is willing to pay over 20 million and make him their priority is a pretty good sign.

He looked very quick and good on the ball when I've seen him, though I can't really comment on his defending.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Leeds fans rate him incredibly highly. The fact Bielsa has spent a year with him and is willing to pay over 20 million and make him their priority is a pretty good sign.

He looked very quick and good on the ball when I've seen him, though I can't really comment on his defending.
I've just taken a quick glance at Twitter and... Deary me, Leeds fans have started a "Free Ben White" petition/movement, they rate him so highly, while I'm getting the feeling that Brighton fans don't really know much about him. I'm like them in that regard, so I'll trust Edwards and his people on that one. Not a fan of a 22-year old already having his arms covered in tattoos, though!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I've just taken a quick glance at Twitter and... Deary me, Leeds fans have started a "Free Ben White" petition/movement, they rate him so highly, while I'm getting the feeling that Brighton fans don't really know much about him. I'm like them in that regard, so I'll trust Edwards and his people on that one. Not a fan of a 22-year old already having his arms covered in tattoos, though!
Yeah, a doctor called Ben White got caught up in that. Was pretty amusing :)

Dave-D

We need another CB regardless of his future.
Doubt White would willing come in with competition for a place from Gomez and Matip tho, especially when he’d be first choice at Leeds and with the Euros coming up which he’s being tipped to get a place in

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Jeez, Leeds are the only club whose fans are as arrogant as Mancs, deluded as Citeh and idionic as Bitters.

And people think it's a good thing to have them back in the Prem?

iftikhar

Doubt White would willing come in with competition for a place from Gomez and Matip tho, especially when he’d be first choice at Leeds and with the Euros coming up which he’s being tipped to get a place in
I guess that's why we are angling for an Algerian.

Red over the water

With Lovren gone we need another cb. If Matip is going (only rumor) then the incoming cb needs to be very good - White, Kabak. If Matip is staying we may get by with Mandi, someone like that.

Basically, are we looking at a third choice who will come and keep Gomez on his toes, or are we looking for someone who will cover the modest contribution of Degsy?

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
With Lovren gone we need another cb. If Matip is going (only rumor) then the incoming cb needs to be very good - White, Kabak. If Matip is staying we may get by with Mandi, someone like that.

Basically, are we looking at a third choice who will come and keep Gomez on his toes, or are we looking for someone who will cover the modest contribution of Degsy?
Nah, I’d leave it. Thiago Alcantera is the one I’d go for.

Fabinho as fourth choice CB, and I’d look to play him there in 10-15 games regardless of injury, with Thiago an extra body in midfield when Fab drops back.

I’m thinking of teams like Brighton, Burnley, Villa - the ones who will just sit back. We need extra creativity in midfield, and we can get away with a CB and a half.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Nah we need to look for summin better than that,a bit more strong and powerfull,I know he played HIGH up the pitch but he was weak,didn't last here very long,untill he got smoked.

i'll grab my poncho.
summin that will make the other EPL teams green with envy?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

I think we will get someone who we believe can move to 3rd choice and challenge Gomez and VvD regardless. If both Lovren and Matip go then the 2nd CB might be a more squad style option. But even then they'd have a chance to play themselves into contention.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Honestly, even if we were shopping at the lower end in terms of price point, we are not compromising on quality. Meaning, we will not be spending on a player who is happy to be picking up salaries knowing they will never challenge the current first choice. For example, if we are going to spend 10mil on such a player for 4th choice CB who has no chance to become first choice, why spend that 10 mil? We could just offer Nat Philips a chance to be that and maybe even better. I think if we decide to buy Mandi for example, or any CB who is supposedly 4th choice, it must be because Klopp sees that he has a chance to be first choice with the right coaching, and the player must have that ambition or else I think Klopp will rather make do with his current options. Look at Tsimiskas, he is coming knowing that it is a mountain to dislodge Andy Robertson but he probably fits all 3 criteria for Klopp to trigger that move: 1. Desire to be first choice 2: Ability to be first choice 3. Price is value.

While that means it might be frustrating for fans on the side watching what we are going to do, but I am quite happy for the club to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.