Who would you buy?

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Zinedine Biscan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. RedForever2014

RedForever2014 Well-Known Member

Well you might be happy with us being nearly men, but I'm not.

The decade prior we won nearly every final we were in, under FSG we've lost 99% of them.

Why? Because our players were too young, too inexperienced and - quite frankly - were bottlers.

Lostmyfunk 3421 likes this.
  2. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Anfield kick about

Well, if that is true we wouldn't have made it to any finals in the first place and why did we have the closest run to winning the league since 1991?

Under FSG, we have been a whisker away from 4 cups and a Premier League - and that is in 6 full seasons.

Chewbazza and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  3. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

The truth is somewhere in the middle. FSG are no second coming of christ. Similarly FSG are not the devil either. They are an average 5/10 ish owners for now. More success on the field, more seats in stadium, combined training facility etc can increase it. But its gonna take time.
    And please take it up in the Owners thread. Not everyplace in the forum.

Scott Jones and Lowton_Red like this.
  4. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Klopp himself has said we don't need a DM, so not sure what you're babbling about. Have you not been paying attention?

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  5. The Elusive 19th

PEA 75m
    Salah 35m
    Vvd or Koulibaly 50m
    Tierney 15m
    ---> total 175m

Sakho 25m
    DS 20m
    Ings 5m
    Mark 10m
    Lucas 2m
    Wisdom 2m
    Flanno 2m
    Moreno 7m
    Randall 1m
    Others 1m
    ---> total 75m. Net 100m.
    We should be title challengers and should be getting into CL quarters/semis with a push. And win a cup.

vjcpatriot and Red_Jedi like this.
  6. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

It's also a bit of a roundabout issue, as neither are DMs anyway.

redfanman likes this.
  7. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Anfield kick about

Good balance sheet.

Don't think we will sell Ings just yet, and I can't see Studge going either.

But it would be great business if it worked out like this - leaves space for youngsters to come through too.

8. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh 7m7 minutes ago
    40 min meeting. Mino Raiola tells AC Milan their keeper Donnarumma will not sign new £80,000-a-week contract. He's 18. One year left on deal

I'll take him on a 250k payout in January and have him for the next season (free to negotiate with foreign clubs once there are 6 months left on your contract and the fee will only be 250,000 as its not a domestic transfer).

At least until Kop blows a hole in my theory. I'm assuming Madrid or Barca or someone will get him signed up if he doesn't agree to a contract.

9. Limiescouse

80k a week is very good money considering he is a keeper and he plays in Italy. If he's turning that down given the moves Milan are making then it seems likely he has already decided (and agreed) where he is going to be playing next.

10. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

He's the agent who called Klopp a piece of shit or something isn't he? I doubt we do business with any of his players tbh.

11. The Elusive 19th

Mino Raiola is the key words here. The player will move to Juve as Buffon's successor.

http://www.espn.in/football/story/3...uigi-donnarumma-the-right-choice-for-juventus

12. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Yes, Balotelli's agent.... that fat bastard.

Scott Jones likes this.
  13. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I thought the new owners were A) in hoc to an investment fund and B) there cash was being held up in China and C) they were having to structure deals so they didnt break FFP rules - so how are they spending all this money?

14. Limiescouse

It's not an insignificant amount, but it isnt eye watering yet either (especially considering that Kesse is actually on loan). It's 4 good players in, but for less than Juve paid for Higuain a few years ago.

The other thing to remember about FFP is that doesnt require year on year compliance. Compliance is judged over a multi-year period. That means a team can spend well above their means one year, but if it doesnt work it leaves them no room to do anything about it for the 3 or 4 years that follow.

redfanman likes this.
  15. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

The thing with Milan is less about FFP and more about the conditions attached to the investment. A lot of money could flow out of Milan very quickly.

redfanman likes this.
  16. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Where did I say they would move to LFC?

Pot, meet kettle....

PS...Ricardo Rodriguez is the one that hurts...quality LB in an area we are lacking

17. Semmy

Likely they haven't been spending a ton with Berlusconi passing the torch and getting players like Suso in for pennies

18. HKReds

HKReds Active Member

Heard that Donnarumma has rejected a contract renewal. Instead of spending 100mil+ on Mbappe which I doubt we stand much of a chance, I hope that we put in a cheeky 30-40mil for him cause I feel that he definately will be a top goalkeeper and it will help solve that position for many many years to come.

19. Not Worthy

Not Worthy Well-Known Member

Ronaldo back to ManU ? Same agent as The Moan and a whole host of publicity................

20. lfc.eddie

Nothing to do with who we wanted to buy for our club... defeats the purpose of posting it in this thread?

21. Not Worthy

Not Worthy Well-Known Member

You're right. I had a couple of threads open and it should have gone into the Summer Xfers thread.

22. rippedshorts

rippedshorts TIA Regular

Is it just me or Gelson Martins looks like a far more skilled footballer than Salah?

23. lfc.eddie

It is just you..... :-)

24. Semmy

25. Semmy

Looks can be deceiving

26. Semmy

Unless we change our name to Juventus we won't be getting him.

100% he has been tapped up and promised the role as successor to Buffon with a massive sign-on bonus to run his contract out at Milan

27. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Well-Known Member

pea to liverpool.jpg

PEA has become my and hopefully Liverpool's #1 target now that PSG has dropped interest.

The only good thing about the VVD mess is that now we have a stockpile of cash to spend on PEA instead.

Sounds like he is open to working under Klopp again too by all reports.

PEA would be a massive upgrade for us at the CF striker position. And he actually can stay on the field for most of a season too.

28. Semmy

I would love PEA in red and I think it would be a key signing for us. I just can't get my hopes up for that.

If we could get him, Danilo from R.Madrid as a back-up two-sided FB and Mascherano to come in as a dual-purpose DM/CB and keep developing Solanke + TAA + Ojo + Wilson + Ejaria + Grujic I think I would be happy with that

We should be getting scouse Cafu back as well, and maybe Markovic can step up now that he is 23 and maybe ready to hit that next level ue showed promise for?

29. Limiescouse

redfanman likes this.
  30. Semmy

Not in person, have you?